BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

So Big Brad is leaving ''his club,'' for ''money,'' not ''love.''

See ya later Brad, you're no different to the rest, however, despire doing less for the club you will get a far superior reception to that of Mr Shearer.

Funny old game.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£2m for a 37 yr old keeper? Can't really argue with that. We were always gong to have to replace Brad in the next 18 months anyway this just brings it forward and we get half the fee of his replacement up front.

Anyone talking about a lack of loyalty from Brad is just an idiot. There's no such thing as loyalty you can only talk about the effort a player puts in, Brad came to Blackburn as a bit of a joke from Liverpool and made himself into one of the best keepers in the league for most of the past 8 years. He's a legend and he deserves a silly pay day if Villa are willing to do it.

Good luck Brad, it's been emotional.

We won't even miss Friedel (just like when we replaced Kelly & Filan etc)

Congrats Bucky, I didn't think that anyone could ever mention Friedel and those other 2 names in the same sentence but you have managed it.

£2m for a 37 yr old keeper? Can't really argue with that. We were always gong to have to replace Brad in the next 18 months anyway this just brings it forward and we get half the fee of his replacement up front.

Anyone talking about a lack of loyalty from Brad is just an idiot. There's no such thing as loyalty you can only talk about the effort a player puts in, Brad came to Blackburn as a bit of a joke from Liverpool and made himself into one of the best keepers in the league for most of the past 8 years. He's a legend and he deserves a silly pay day if Villa are willing to do it.

Good luck Brad, it's been emotional.

Disagree.

Deserves a silly pay day?

His various contracts with Rovers will have earnt him £10m plus over the past eight years.

No such thing as loyalty? Perhaps, however, when a player comes out with some of the comments he has you might expect he could just keep his love going for a a couple of million quid a year.

Player effort? Neill, Bellamy, Shearer, Batty, Le Saux etc etc all put in 120% every time they wore blue and white halfs. They were all greeted with chants such as ''There's only one greedy @#/?'' etc etc to go with the chorus of boos.

I expect and have good faith that our fans will be more than happy to give Brad the same treatment, it would be awful for them to display such double standards.

apparently Spurs playing hardball on Robbo too -

No bloody wonder Spurs are doing that! With the news that Friedel's gone we are now over a barrell and ripe for shafting.

Never mind Ince, John Williams will soon end up a hate figure at this rate. He really needs to understand that it takes years to build a reputation and a minute to lose one.

Congrats Bucky, I didn't think that anyone could ever mention Friedel and those other 2 names in the same sentence but you have managed it.

Really?

Here's another...

ROVERS FANS WERE FURIOUS WHEN SOUNESS BROUGHT IN LIVERPOOL FLOP BRAD FRIEDEL TO REPLACE FIRST CHOICE KEEPER/S JOHN FILAN AND ALAN KELLY.

So Big Brad is leaving ''his club,'' for ''money,'' not ''love.''

See ya later Brad, you're no different to the rest,

Exactly! So why would anybody still expect any loyalty from professionals? :huh:

BUT

Whilst I am nowhere near stupid / naive / gormless enough to expect loyalty from players I must be equally stupid / naive / gormless to expect contracts of employment to be adhered to from both parties.

I get the feeling, the wise old fox is at again. (JW)

He has got the 11 o clocker before the the official one.

He stated there was two clauses that needed to be met before Brad could leave.

One was commercial, the other football.

Only the first has been met, and so the saga goes on.

It would please me very much, if Rovers have got someone other than Robinson lined up.

Spuds would then lose the ace in there hand, Only card left to play for Bentley is full asking price, with no add on's.

I expect Brad is on his way back home, but nothing was mentioned, so perhaps not.

That could be the first sign that a deal for replacement is very near.

IMO it will be done and dusted by the weekend.

Exactly! So why would anybody still expect any loyalty from professionals? :huh:

BUT

Whilst I am nowhere near stupid / naive / gormless enough to expect loyalty from players I must be equally stupid / naive / gormless to expect contracts of employment to be adhered to from both parties.

I dunno Drog, Lucas Neill was all up for adhering to the terms of his contract, but even that made him a hate figure.

Perhaps players would be jaust as naive to expect loyalty from the fans.

Just goes to show, football is made up entirely of tossers.

Worst part is, it is us tossers who pay their wages.

I dunno Drog, Lucas Neill was all up for adhering to the terms of his contract, but even that made him a hate figure.

Perhaps players would be jaust as naive to expect loyalty from the fans.

Just goes to show, football is made up entirely of tossers.

Worst part is, it is us tossers who pay their wages.

You must mean ............... Worst part is, it is us tossers who pay those tossers their wages.

Really?

Here's another...

ROVERS FANS WERE FURIOUS WHEN SOUNESS BROUGHT IN LIVERPOOL FLOP BRAD FRIEDEL TO REPLACE FIRST CHOICE KEEPER/S JOHN FILAN AND ALAN KELLY.

You could add to that sentance 'but quickly found out Brad was far superior to their previous England International goalkeeper. (Flowers)

And let's be honest, Flowers was probably better than Robinson.

In response to thenodrogs post which I forgot to copy

Exactly. Or more likely...

It is us tossers (fans) who pay those tossers (TV, merch etc) to pay those tossers (Chaimen, Chief execs etc) to pay those tossers (players and agents) wages.

I am sad about Brad leaving - especially just looking at his stats that popped up on sky sports - 95% catching for last season is pretty solid isn't it. I cant remember the amount of times I have watched someone skip past our defense to go one on one with Brad and I fear the worst only to be shouting FRIDEL FRIDEL FRIDEL with my finger pointing out in celebration that he has saved it.

Now, if I can put the heart to one side and put the head into action - this is a good bit of business from Rovers. While I think that we could have got 3m for him 2m plus add ons for a 37 year old isnt bad. As someone said we would have had to start looking for another keeper in the next couple if seasons anyway and we wouldnt have got 2m for him then. If we can use this to bring in a keeper that will keep us going for a few years then fine by me.

Good Luck Brad and thanks for everything but as soon as you stick that Villa shirt on your nothing to me.

so why do we give a toss?

Because while they are at our club we get sucked into the"It must mean something to them" and forget it's just a job like teaching French or working in an office or being a plumber or whatever. Because the club means so much to us we lose perspective until someone who actually talks as though he cares, understands how we feel, lets us down and then we remember, to them it's what they do, what they are good at and trained for, nothing more.

Because while they are at our club we get sucked into the"It must mean something to them" and forget it's just a job like teaching French or working in an office or being a plumber or whatever. Because the club means so much to us we lose perspective until someone who actually talks as though he cares, understands how we feel, lets us down and then we remember, to them it's what they do, what they are good at and trained for, nothing more.

No excuse gumboots. I've said many a time in the past on here that loyalty only exists on one side of the perimeter wall around the pitch.

I must say I drove past the majestic Ewood today wondering just what is in store in the future for that stadium. :(

Then 2 mins later I drove past the once equally majestic but now dark and deserted Walkersteel building and felt even worse. :(:(

No excuse gumboots. I've said many a time in the past on here that loyalty only exists on one side of the perimeter wall around the pitch.

I must say I drove past the majestic Ewood today wondering just what is in store in the future for that stadium. :(

Pitch and putt ...? Driving range ?

Look on the bright side , Drog..... ;)

We're getting closer and closer to one of the saddest days of the history of this club.

People can talk all they want but as long as Uncle Jack's statue rises in front of Ewood, people like him and the things he stood for will not be forgotten. Uncle Jack should remind everyone that football is not just about the money, but loyalty and passion. Something which even our proudest player, as we thought Friedel was, has abandoned.

Archived