BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

For heavens sake, it's not as if we're going to play without a goalkeeper next year! Robinson will not be able to make some of the saves Big Brad did, but he will also come up with some saves that Brad would not have been able to make.

He is a good keeper, and if he gets to a second season with us without being crucified, we'll be in much better shape than we would be with a 38/39-year-old Brad. At Leeds he was fantastic, and he's suffered a loss of form but still had a good record - imagine how he will be when he rediscovers his form, like Roque, Bentley, and even Warnock.

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sincerely hope SSN are wrong and we're not even considering letting Friedel go until Robinson is secured.

Wouldn't be happy with anyone else either really as Brad's replacement, bar maybe Kirkland who probably isn't available.

If Robinson had made that error that Friedel made at Birmingham that ultimately cost us our place in Europe, he would have had his face plastered over the papers. We wouldn't have been able to forget it.

Robinson will be a brilliant keeper for us.

We won't even miss Friedel (just like when we replaced Kelly & Filan etc)

Eh?? Of course we didnt miss Filan and kelly, a couple of overweight journeyman. That cannot be compared in anyway to Friedel, the best keeper in the clubs history.

Eh?? Of course we didnt miss Filan and kelly, a couple of overweight journeyman. That cannot be compared in anyway to Friedel, the best keeper in the clubs history.

But then to be fair Freidal looked like a bit of a rubbish journeyman when he first rolled up to Ewood. It wasn't like we were buying a guaranteed world class player.

His stock was certainly a lot lower than Robinson's will be if he comes.

Exactly! Robinson has a bigger and better reputation that when Brad joined - that is for a reason, because he has played and the top and already done it - its just a case of the media have tried to ruin him, at ewood he will do fine. On his day, he is also very hard to score against.

I know its not our choice, but I have every right to voice my displeasure.

I'm sure there are better keepers abroad and for a cheaper price, it puzzles me why it appears we have only looked at Robinson and no one else. I thought it would of been prudent to consider several candidates.

Couldn't agree more and I hope they have looked at other alternatives - seems like Spurs think we're Chelsea and suddenly double the price from a month ago.

Exactly! Robinson has a bigger and better reputation that when Brad joined - that is for a reason, because he has played and the top and already done it - its just a case of the media have tried to ruin him, at ewood he will do fine. On his day, he is also very hard to score against.

The media have tried to ruin him?

Give me a break. Do you realise how bad he's been for Spurs? He got dislodged by Radek Cerny for crying out loud! Robinson's confidence has had its foundations blown up and he is currently a dodgy keeper equally capable of moments of brilliance or ignominy.

If we sign Robinson, it'll be a serious case of trying to reconstruct his self-belief.

Robinson's transfer value should reflect the level of risk involved.

I think for us to accept, means we must of brokered our deal for Robbo - Nicko can you confirm?

Reported fees are never true either - nicko do some digging and find out for us

For all we know we may have been looking at someone else. Spurs might not have backed down from their £6 million price they set for Robinson.

I'm assuming if Brad has been sold then we must have a replacement in place, who should be named today i would have thought.

A big mistake i feel to sell him, but time will tell whether or not we were right to do so.

Looks to me like we have played this out wrong. If Spurs are kicking up a fuss about Robinson (no surprise to me) and we have to look elsewhere it could take us time to find a new keeper. Time we don't have.

If Spurs are dicking us about then **** em, pull our interest in Robinson and say Bentley aint going there either.

This may be a ploy by Rovers to force Spurs' hand.

Think about it, we confirm that Brad can go but our bid needs to be accepted by another club, does the bid have to be for Robinson?

Spurs may then think, we should sort out a deal quickly because we cannot afford Bentley out right but getting £3.5 million for a goalie we dont want should sway the deal!!

All assumptions at this stage, waiting for Nicko at 11!

I'm torn on this one.

Half of me thanks brad for an amazing 8 years service and that we shouldn't stand in his way of making his final big money move of his career

The other side of me says we've made him a multi millionaire and he should stick with us, in our time of need, as we're still paying him a fortune.

Unless......It was Ince who wanted him out all along....

Although a number of good things have happened for me today, I am saddened by the news of Brad's imminent departure.

He was voted the best ever goalkeeper for the Rovers.

He has played longer than anyone else in that position during the ( long ) time I have supported the club.

He has gained us a terrific number of points during our current Premiership run on his own account.

He might not have been the best ever goalie in the league, but he was super for us and I really regret his leaving his club, if that is what turns out to happen.

We might get an even better keeper who does an even better job, but I will still remember your efforts with a great deal of pleasure.

However, I somehow imagine your replacement will not be as good for us and you will be missed. Greatly.

Archived