BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

THE Quote from Ince last night (End of the debate for me, seeing as he also played @ Macc!)

"When I came to Blackburn, I said I wanted to keep my best players, and Brad Friedel comes into that category," he said. "He is one of the best keepers in the Premier League.

"There is no interest from me in Paul Robinson. As far as I am concerned, I want to keep Brad. I do not want to sell Brad, so why should I want Paul Robinson?"

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is there a wee chance somebody else could quote Ince and give the same angle using different words.

Then could somebody please swiftly follow that post with a half decent conspiracy theory?

Thanksssseyyy......

Is there a wee chance somebody else could quote Ince and give the same angle using different words.

Then could somebody please swiftly follow that post with a half decent conspiracy theory?

Thanksssseyyy......

He looked genuinely fed up with the questions on SSN. a sort of "I know what you're going to ask and I'm not saying anything different from what I've already said so let's get the interview over and done with."

He looked genuinely fed up with the questions on SSN. a sort of "I know what you're going to ask and I'm not saying anything different from what I've already said so let's get the interview over and done with."

Still looks nervous. Doesn't really exude confidence and comes accross as shifty. Hope his perormances when interviewed improve.

Still looks nervous. Doesn't really exude confidence and comes accross as shifty. Hope his perormances when interviewed improve.

I would not call it shifty I would term it as "Still finding his feet after finally realizing he is at a much bigger club"

Comes out and Reassures the fans which I think is excellent. Sometimes the fans are left in the dark over certain things but Ince looks like the type that will tell the press straight up.

Guest Kamy100

The Lancashire Telegraph are running three amazing stories today:

* There is a story in which Brad Friedel says that "I want to leave"

* They confirm that Tottemham have made a bid for Bentley which has been rejected by Rovers

* Newcastle in for Warnock.

To be clear it is not the club or the manager who want to sell Brad, it is he who wants to leave.

The Lancashire Telegraph are running three amazing stories today:

* There is a story in which Brad Friedel says that "I want to leave"

* They confirm that Tottemham have made a bid for Bentley which has been rejected by Rovers

* Newcastle in for Warnock.

To be clear it is not the club or the manager who want to sell Brad, it is he who wants to leave.

Is there anything in the Friedel report that says Brad wants to leave for anything, apart from the money?

Is there anything in the Friedel report that says Brad wants to leave for anything, apart from the money?

Villa fans think it's because lerner is american. Since brad has lived in Europe for donkey's years don't see why that would matter.

I'm wondering if the Friedel story is something the club wan out/put out to make this whole thing more bearable. If it is Brad who wants out it certainly takes the heat off Ince.

Robinson or Carson will do.

Take the sentiment out of it. £2.5m for a 37 year old is good business, providing the replacement is one of the above.

It's better that Brad leaves as a hero, albeit one that wants to leave, rather than having a stinker this year or the next.

I'm wondering if the Friedel story is something the club wan out/put out to make this whole thing more bearable. If it is Brad who wants out it certainly takes the heat off Ince.

Robinson or Carson will do.

Take the sentiment out of it. £2.5m for a 37 year old is good business, providing the replacement is one of the above.

It's better that Brad leaves as a hero, albeit one that wants to leave, rather than having a stinker this year or the next.

I'm getting really fed up with it makes good business sense. It might and footabll nowadays has to be incresingly run on good business lines. But it can't totally be a business when the morale of so many depends on their team performing well. Besides which playing well on the pitch and winning matches has to be good business sense for football teams. And that is made up of so many factors. If Friedel wants out then fair enough, but it still doesn't soften the blow to know it's "good business sense" especially when, despite the fact that robinson was England's number one, many fans just don't see him as a fit replacement. Nicko keeps saying that he's Ince's first choice if Brad goes but I can't help feeling that depite his being 10 years younger than Brad, he's had his best days.

Villa would also get easy access to the talent coming through Brad's soccer academies.

Nicko keeps saying that he's Ince's first choice if Brad goes but I can't help feeling that depite his being 10 years younger than Brad, he's had his best days.

With respect, Robinson has many, many better days ahead of him than Brad does.

I'm getting really fed up with it makes good business sense. It might and footabll nowadays has to be incresingly run on good business lines. But it can't totally be a business when the morale of so many depends on their team performing well. Besides which playing well on the pitch and winning matches has to be good business sense for football teams. And that is made up of so many factors. If Friedel wants out then fair enough, but it still doesn't soften the blow to know it's "good business sense" especially when, despite the fact that robinson was England's number one, many fans just don't see him as a fit replacement. Nicko keeps saying that he's Ince's first choice if Brad goes but I can't help feeling that depite his being 10 years younger than Brad, he's had his best days.

We are sort of in an impossible situation though. WHo is a fit replacement? Probablyy of all the keepers in the Prem only Cech, Given (if fit), Jaskerlinnen and Cudicini (at a stretch) wouldbe viewed favourably.

To get someone decent we need to take a bit of a gamble. Robinson is quality if he is confident. Tgus us what we do - turn player's careers around. He has the ability. It is possible - just look at James last season.

Villa fans think it's because lerner is american. Since brad has lived in Europe for donkey's years don't see why that would matter.

Is Lerner not also from the same part of the world as Friedel? I know he owns the Browns at least.

My take on this is that Friedel is a quality goalkeeper yet he is not going to last forever. With the likes of Carson and Robinson (neither of whom I have a problem with) on the market perhaps it is better to get something for him now rather than nothing for him at the end of his contract.

Without a doubt Rovers have had to release the comments that are in the Telegraph to day to stop the innevitable backlash from fanst should Friedel leave. Even so, expect many people to be blaming Ince and the board.

No player at Rovers will ever have the same feeling for the club as we have. Money or progression always talk.

If anything a new keeper should overlap the old one by ay least half a season. Our second keeper Brown must not be too good or he'd be replacing Freidel, so what happens if Robinson turns up and his self-doubt increases after a couple of ricks in the opening games? We'd be up the creek without a paddle.

It would be a great shame if Brad left Rovers. He`s been a great servant for the club.

On the subject of his replacement, i think it best we give who-ever it is a chance to win over the fans before we slaughter him on messageboards.

If my memory serves me right, big Brad was an Anfield flop before coming to Ewood......& going further back, wasn`t Bobby Mimms a Spurs flop before doing a good job for us?

One good thing about being a Rovers player is you get to play in the top flight, but you`re not in the media spotlight as much as players at so-called BIG clubs. A move to Blackburn Rovers might just be what Robinson or Carson`s careers need.

Every single cock-up or mistake at clubs like Liverpool & Spurs are high-lighted & blown out of all proportion......as Brad & Bobby will probably testify to!

Give the new lad a chance before judging him.

...If I was married to someone for 50 years and one day she tells me she's leaving me for someone else...it would be shocking, but I'd accept that.

This, I can't.

Good grief. I love my club but don't you think that's an overreaction? You were off on one like this over Hughes leaving as well.

If you've got issues with trust, loyalty or something there are better places, better people to work them out with than this (or any) footie messageboard.

Archived