BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Don't Sell Friedel!

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Like Gav says lets match the Villa offer and put to bed this ridiculous episode once and for all as its doing nobody any good the longer it drags on.

Rovers need to act fast as this has the potential to split the club and its supporters right down the ruddy middle....we dont need this!

It's only dragged on since Friday! And all because our resident journalist is choosing to do another clubs transfer work by putting all the details in the public domain.

If the stories had been in the Sun, the entire messageboard would be boycotting the rag and slating the author!

That was me that started that. Was informed that he wanted to follow Hitchcock, Hughes et al to City. Whether AV were alerted by his agent or BRFC themselves to 'up the ante' on his transfer value who knows?

I'm prob making 2+2 = not 5 but 7 here but my intuition suspects that Freidel and Ince may have 'baggage' carrying over from their Lpool days.

No doubt somebody will tell me I'm wrong but little else makes sense.

I am now given to understand that my intuition was correct and that 2+2 really does =4! :(

I've a lot of respect for the source so discuss but don't question me cos I genuinely have NO more details.

f Brad was money motivated his agent would have had him out of the door several years ago when he was THE best keeper in the league.

As far as I know, Brad doesn't have an agent. As quotes from JW when Brad signed his current extemsion, he said it was the easiest contract deal he's ever done as it was between just the two of them, no agent.

Sentimentality has nothing to do with this - he's one of the best keepers in the league.

No one seems to be able to answer the question of why now? Ince coming in and Brad leaving a couple of weeks later is pure coincidence? These things don't just happen. Something has alerted clubs that Rovers would be willing to deal. If Brad was money motivated his agent would have had him out of the door several years ago when he was THE best keeper in the league.

It doesn't add up.

Oh come on. It's also just weeks since O'Neill realised he was losing both Sorensen and Carson. Perhaps the fact he's been linked with 21 different keepers is more pertinent than this notion that Ince wants to get rid?

Is Brad really as good as you're making out on here? Are you not letting sentiment cloud your judgement?

I obviously trust what you're saying as you would have seen a heck of a lot more than him than me last season.

Just seems that people see Friedel as 'Mr Blackburn' etc, and are not seeing the move from all sides? £2.5m for a 37 year old is fantastic money imo, especially as you have had years of service from him, and got him for free?

He is going to be getting £50,000 a week from Villa according to Nicko, and that is the kind of money you can't reject at his age. I don't see anybody else, including yourselves, offering that kind of money with a three year contract.

But is he really worth it? Personally I think Rovers and Brad are getting a cracking deal. I'm not too sure about him, but he is definitely a step up from Carson - but then Robinson would have been!

Oh come on. It's also just weeks since O'Neill realised he was losing both Sorensen and Carson. Perhaps the fact he's been linked with 21 different keepers is more pertinent than this notion that Ince wants to get rid?

Unfortunately, there is no loyalty in football. Players will always go for the money. You would do the same. If you were offered a move to another company in your line of work and they were offering you a 50% pay rise - you would go. How much is Brad earning at Blackburn at the moment? £50,000 a week from Villa seems a massive amount, and a deal you can't really refuse. I doubt he is on anything more than £30,000 at Blackburn? Just a guess though.

Is Brad really as good as you're making out on here? Are you not letting sentiment cloud your judgement?

I obviously trust what you're saying as you would have seen a heck of a lot more than him than me last season.

Just seems that people see Friedel as 'Mr Blackburn' etc, and are not seeing the move from all sides? £2.5m for a 37 year old is fantastic money imo, especially as you have had years of service from him, and got him for free?

He is going to be getting £50,000 a week from Villa according to Nicko, and that is the kind of money you can't reject at his age. I don't see anybody else, including yourselves, offering that kind of money with a three year contract.

But is he really worth it? Personally I think Rovers and Brad are getting a cracking deal. I'm not too sure about him, but he is definitely a step up from Carson - but then Robinson would have been!

MV, I think you might be a little underwhelmed with Friedel - we certainly got the best years out of him, but some cracks began to show last season.

Good luck - what a bloody shame that we couldnt have done a swap for Ashley Young :wacko:

One Love - BRFC

Just one more worrying point.Brad is probably THE longest serving player at Ewood at present and surely one of the most respected, will his(probable) sale spark the green light for the exodus of our best players like Cruz et al.

Why dont we sell our silverware while we're at it! :angry2:

If Brad does go I will have two particular regrets:

- that he won't go onto set a new consecutive appearance record with Rovers which he is nearing;

- and that his last game for Rovers will have turned out to be that game at Birmingham in which Brad was quite frankly abysmal.

For no other reason other than my own opinion of Brad, I think he would probably stay at Ewood despite a large pay rise. Just how he seems to me. Would be a bit let down (again...) if he left at this stage of his career, I see him as more than some old Carlos Kickaball, he seems to take his responsibilities as a role model and an idol of his fans more than most of his contemporaries. Surely he is financially sound for life already?

If Brad does go I will have two particular regrets:

- that he won't go onto set a new consecutive appearance record with Rovers which he is nearing;

- and that his last game for Rovers will have turned out to be that game at Birmingham in which Brad was quite frankly abysmal.

Perhaps the last point is the telling factor for a bloke entering his 38th year.

Perhaps an even more telling factor is that Hughes, MoN and Wenger have forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

But by the same token Paul Ince does know more than any of us, and may yet prove to be more shrewd in his transfer dealings even than Hughes...

I'm open minded, selling Brad would be a disappointment, but a disaster, particularly if Robinson does come in.

Perhaps an even more telling factor is that Hughes, MoN and Wenger have forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Other than the fact you can't read, you have a rather hypocritical tendancy to mock or question Nickos' input until using his information to enhance was of your arguments.

As pointed out, Ince knows more than you will ever know. As does John Williams, who also feels giving a 37 year old a 3 year £50,000 a week contract isn't the way to go.

Infact, does that sentence not send any alarm bells through your head... GIVE A 37 YEAR OLD A NEW THREE YEAR CONTRACT AND DOUBLE HIS WAGES.

Would you do that? Why do you hate Ince so much anyway? Have you ever enlightened anyone. What has made you hate a guy so much you just aren't willing to give him any form of a chance?

Do you really believe that Ed? The timing with Ince coming in and Brad going is coincidence?

For a transfer to happen, the buying club need to know the proposition is viable. It has never been viable before now. And there's been plenty of clubs needing keepers.

Its not hard to work out. I can't believe how many intelligent posters, yourself included, are ignoring this.

I can't believe how many intelligent posters, plus yourself (:P) are ignoring the fact he is 37 years old and can be replaced at a good price by a England international 9 years his junior.

He's worth evry penny mate!!!!

For no other reason other than my own opinion of Brad, I think he would probably stay at Ewood despite a large pay rise. Just how he seems to me. Would be a bit let down (again...) if he left at this stage of his career, I see him as more than some old Carlos Kickaball, he seems to take his responsibilities as a role model and an idol of his fans more than most of his contemporaries. Surely he is financially sound for life already?

Brads never earnt mega money though has he don't imagine Gala, pool or us intially paid him loads. 8M would set him up for life.

I can't believe how many intelligent posters, plus yourself (:P) are ignoring the fact he is 37 years old and can be replaced at a good price by a England international 9 years his junior.

I don't have a problem with us getting money for Brad and getting in Robinson. It makes decent enough sense to be worth trying. I'd rather be keeping Brad though.

I do have a problem with the blame for this being pinned on Brad. It is not at all difficult to see where this has come from.

Paul Ince has begun his Rovers reign in a VERY inauspicious manner. I truly worry about what is ahead. Particularly if we all let the wool be pulled over our eyes on this one.

Archived