BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Emerton Sign New Deal

Guest Kamy100

Guest Kamy100

The Lancashire Telegraph has today confirmed that Brett Emerton has signed a new 4 year deal.

I thought that Emerton did really well last year and glad that Rovers have tied him down to a new deal.

Fair play to the lad, he is a decent squad player but we should be looking for something better.

At least we don't need to worry that we don't have a backup DR/MR or first team DR/MR if Ooijer and that Bently go

Great news, possibly the most positive news since Hughes left. Emerton has certainly demonstrated a combative, athletic approach to the premiership and it has served him well, I can't think of a better athlete in the side. As most fans will probably agree, his versatility has served him well and at times he's looked good enough for any position he's played in to be a regular in that particular slot.

Also, on another note, its just great to see some loyalty to the club again (although Warnock also recently agreed a four year contract). Brett will have been here for nine years when his contract runs out and should have amassed over 400 appearances for the club injury permitting.

Good news, Bert. Well done, lad.

My first reaction was "Brilliant!" Amid all the talk of players wanting to leave this is the first to commit to the club since Ince joined us. Now I'm not naive enough to think it means he's guaranteed to stay for the whole of the contract time but it does provide us with the continuity that JW goes on about. It's nice to have a bit of stability in these unsteady times whne other clubs seem to think they can cherrypick our players. I know he's not always been everyone's favourite player but he always gives 100%, doesn't seem to mind where he's played and just gets on with things. Every team needs the unspectacular willing player, even the best teams have them, and it's great to have Brett looking at the positive side of the changes at Ewood and saying yes, I want to be part of that.

Always had a soft spot for Emo. Glad he has done very well at both RB and CM, I just hope that Ince doesn't put him back a few years and play him at RM again.

But he was sooo good against Wolves!!

Fantastic news for me, I am so happy that our slightly unstable utility player has signed a new contract.

I love watching Bert in action, it is like watching a lion chasing an antelope.

You always have that fear that he might do something rash, tis quite the adrenaline rush.

Good job that man.

No mention of it on the Official site which is rather strange.

Updates on there seem to be rather rare? Hasn't been any mention of the two players who are meant to be meeting up with the squad in Germany for training, but didnt seem to be any hesitation to talk about Fowler...? All very strange...

No mention of it on the Official site which is rather strange.

Updates on there seem to be rather rare? Hasn't been any mention of the two players who are meant to be meeting up with the squad in Germany for training, but didnt seem to be any hesitation to talk about Fowler...? All very strange...

Thats always been the stance by the Rovers website. Won't comment on any transfer activities but only when they have signed for us. Emerton has signed a new 4 year deal though JW confirmed it.

I remember posting something a couple of years ago that if Emerton was going or staying I really didn't care. He was someone I simply couldn't generate any positive or negative feelings to.

How things have changed after Bert mk 2 appeared.

He has been one the most consistent performers for the club and if we keep with Bert mk 2 or mk 3, I think it's excellent news he's extended his contract. If he sees it out, he'll have been one of the longest servants to the club for many a year - Brad excluded.

This is great news. He has shown what an important player he is for us. I had a great season last year, playing well at right back and doing brilliantly in the centre of the park, where his pace and fitness allowed him to cover the whole pitch. With speculation about so many of our players going on, it's good to see someone committing their future to the club.

This is great news. He has shown what an important player he is for us. I had a great season last year, playing well at right back and doing brilliantly in the centre of the park, where his pace and fitness allowed him to cover the whole pitch. With speculation about so many of our players going on, it's good to see someone committing their future to the club.

Unless you are Brett then in your dreams

...I really do not understand where all this praise is coming from. He is as average of a player as you can get. Can do well at the back against the likes of Derby or Stoke - but gets ripped to pieces when a more classy winger attacks. Same thing up front - he can never beat his man and can't cross.

The only players who want to stay at Rovers are those not good enough o play for Rovers.

Archived