BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans' Forum 22/7/08

Did anyone ask about the letters/numbers color change on the back of the home shirts?

Yes. The shirt manufacturers see it as a useful tool to 'freshen-up' the shirt design.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think that Williams' attempts to deceive the support was an absolute disgrace. How he and his cronies had the brass-neck to claim that 'football is for fans' whilst knowing that the product would be inferior, and then bumping the price up by 10% anyway, is absolutely disgusting.

He is guilty of treating the supporters with contempt. So I'm going to treat him with contempt as well. <_<

Absolutely Jim. Take a look at these stats on the "inferior product" that Rovers are churning out: -

2007/08 Season

Played 38

Won 15

Drawn 13

Lost 10

Position 7

2008/09 Season

Played 0

Won 0

Drawn 0

Lost 0

Position 3

Sure, Ince hasn't won as many but he hasn't drawn or lost as many either - but if things stay as they are we'll be in the Champions League next season.

Still, it's your call. I think you've given Rovers long enough this season to be able to make a rational and considered judgement.

Absolutely Jim. Take a look at these stats on the "inferior product" that Rovers are churning out: -

2007/08 Season

Played 38

Won 15

Drawn 13

Lost 10

Position 7

2008/09 Season

Played 0

Won 0

Drawn 0

Lost 0

Position 3

Sure, Ince hasn't won as many but he hasn't drawn or lost as many either - but if things stay as they are we'll be in the Champions League next season.

Still, it's your call. I think you've given Rovers long enough this season to be able to make a rational and considered judgement.

Bob,

Please, please, please say you will agree to have "Bob Fleming's Thread" being set up. People could ask you anything about anything and whenever they want; and your only commitment would be to have to respond within 30 seconds.

It's been a pretty dreary summer Rovers wise so far, and this board is often too depressing but you're worth the admission fee alone. Admittedly it doesn't cost anything to visit here, but you know what I mean.

So I ask again - please, please, please agree to having "Bob Fleming's Thread" set up.

Thanks in anticipation.

Bill

So I ask again - please, please, please agree to having "Bob Fleming's Thread" set up.

I don't think so Bill - I spend far too long on here as it is. The Mrs will soon leave me if I sit down every evening giggling to my own responses in front of this laptop. Same with the people at work - except I'd be leaving them of course. Besides I'm off on holiday tomorrow and will have to leave you all to wallow in your own misery. MWHAHHAHAHHAHAAA!!!!

Thanks though Bill.

Anyway - back to the Fans Forum Season Tickets Dropping Off / All The Good Players Are Leaving / 4th Division Coaches etc etc Bad News...

I think that Williams' attempts to deceive the support was an absolute disgrace. How he and his cronies had the brass-neck to claim that 'football is for fans' whilst knowing that the product would be inferior, and then bumping the price up by 10% anyway, is absolutely disgusting.

He is guilty of treating the supporters with contempt. So I'm going to treat him with contempt as well. <_<

Crazy,way over the top :blink:

• Backroom
Steady, you've had more than you maybe should already! :P

Had more than we should already? I thought it was a FANS forum and not a secret society! so why can't the fans know exactly what has been said :P

please put some trust in the Fans Forum. JW is the type of guy who will tell you a lot, however if you breach that confidence then the briefings will stop, JW has his heart and soul in Rovers as do the FF members and I do not expect the FF reps to tell us all that was discussed.

my real concern is the the drop in season ticker holders...can any one really see us pulling back those lost 2K ST holders in 4 weeks? We will be lucky to get another 20; this is not the fault of JW but the economic situation and the crap football that we have had to endure under Sparky last season.

One creative imaginative new signing could be all it needs to pull back the fans and restore confidence and optimism for the coming season.

Who the one player is i havent got a clue, but it has to be somebody someone out their that can add some real substance that will improve the winning capabilities of the team.

And another pillock goes into the "clueless idiot" bin ...

I can just imagine you at these forums: you get there early to get a good seat in the front row, counting down the seconds to the time that Williams is scheduled to appear. Your heart beats faster in anticipation as the room begins to fill up. Then Williams appears and you proceed to wet yourself in excitement. The man; the legend; Mr Blackburn Rovers himself arrives and proceeds to fill the supporters with his banal utterings. And you lap it up like a good little dog. :lol:

Does Willams stay back after the forum to let supporters kiss his feet? Or maybe shine his shoes? Or give autographs? I suspect that there wouldn't be any shorters of takers. :D

Question for the next forum: Why is Williams a nepotistic gimp?

One of our overseas fans (from the US) suggested having a club for overseas fans, with membership giving some benefits (a badge or scarf or whatever) so that they can feel more part of the club even though they cannot realistically get to Ewood. It was along the lines of something Arsenal do - he has a mate who belongs to theirs. We put it to the club and it sounds like they are keen to do something as soon as they have some time i.e. later this year.

Now that sounds really nice…ive been a supporter for close on 19 years now,and I must say I would like the club to have a pre season game in Cape Town sometime…. Man United and Tottenham have been here,and ive gone to watch…so would be really special if the club made the journey to Africa and especially Cape Town.

Aah I wouldn’t mind joining that overseas club,as I doubt that I will ever be able to afford to make the trip to Ewood Park…

Very good idea,and glad the club is looking into it…Good one guys!

Thanks

Isgak

One creative imaginative new signing could be all it needs to pull back the fans and restore confidence and optimism for the coming season.

Who the one player is i havent got a clue, but it has to be somebody someone out their that can add some real substance that will improve the winning capabilities of the team.

The problem is all of those "creative imaginative" signings are out of our price range. I am sure everyone would love it if we could go out and buy Anelka or Arshavin but we can't.

The main problem is when the manager show a bit of imagination the fans don't seem to be able to match it - Cruz, McCarthy, Nelsen were not met with a huge amount of fanfare despite the very real fact they "add some real substance that will improve the winning capabilities of the team".

Basically what you want is us to spend a shedload of money on a player the majority of fans think is good.

I would rather our manager goes out and buys players who the fans think are rubbish but actually turn out to be very good. It's cheaper.

I can just imagine you at these forums: you get there early to get a good seat in the front row, counting down the seconds to the time that Williams is scheduled to appear. Your heart beats faster in anticipation as the room begins to fill up. Then Williams appears and you proceed to wet yourself in excitement. The man; the legend; Mr Blackburn Rovers himself arrives and proceeds to fill the supporters with his banal utterings. And you lap it up like a good little dog. :lol:

Does Willams stay back after the forum to let supporters kiss his feet? Or maybe shine his shoes? Or give autographs? I suspect that there wouldn't be any shorters of takers. :D

Question for the next forum: Why is Williams a nepotistic gimp?

Have you ever met John Williams or had a discussion with him? If not I don't see how you can have the audacity to discuss him in such a damn rude manner. Criticise the man if you don't approve of his management but do it in a manner that just might stimulate people to take notice of what you write.

This 15,??? season ticket sales being quoted for last season, does it also include the half season ticket sales aswell if I remember rightly? I know the half season ticket sales weren't astronomical but they would be a decent chunk of the 2000 outstanding season tickets that the club are talking about. The old matches/player interviews on RoversTV on a matchday on the jumbotron and on the concourse would be a cracking idea and a potential money spinner for the club if the fans decide to get down to Ewood a bit earlier on a match day which should result in sales increases in the kiosks, here's hoping :rover:

A decent pint, and some staff to serve it might also help.

2.40, 10 minutes to get served is a joke.

Yeah that point slipped my mind when I posted, if there was an increase in numbers the service would have to be drastically improved otherwise the idea would not reach the potential I think it has. The service does seem improved in the club shop since re-opening so hopefully the staff on the concourse can be given a few tips on improving the service, namely the speed!!

Had more than we should already? I thought it was a FANS forum and not a secret society! so why can't the fans know exactly what has been said :P

Same reason Mums and Dads dont tell the kids everything - otherwise family secrets would be round the school playground within minutes.

:wstu: I don't even sit on the FF! :lol:

I bet you're itching to get on it though. ;)

Have you ever met John Williams or had a discussion with him? If not I don't see how you can have the audacity to discuss him in such a damn rude manner. Criticise the man if you don't approve of his management but do it in a manner that just might stimulate people to take notice of what you write.

Get off your high horse.

Frisky Jim-Do you know Vinjay? Your comments remind me of him.

No idea who you're talking about.

Archived