BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum

Paul

Whilst it is good with Morning Call, are they actually any good? I.e. Are they likely to make it Big?

The X Factor Girl just seems ideal, she is already in the limelight of 11m viewers every saturday night.

Iv emailed the club, gred coar, the marketing department, general enquiries and the local community email addy so they should have it by now! :D

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whilst it is good with Morning Call, are they actually any good? I.e. Are they likely to make it Big?

The X Factor Girl just seems ideal, she is already in the limelight of 11m viewers every saturday night.

Iv emailed the club, gred coar, the marketing department, general enquiries and the local community email addy so they should have it by now! :D

Why not mail PAPR - there's an Email ad inside the programme, page 3 I think where it says who the programme is printed by.

Fans Forum - minutes on website today, downloaded the latest ones from Sept, but a bit confused. The minute about negative PR says PA will attend a future meeting. There's been another one since though hasn't there?

Is it just the case the home page links to the Fans Forum latest minutes saying latest ones online, but the download page hasn't uploaded them yet?

I think you may be looking at the wrong minutes, the latest are at the bottom of the list instead of the top for some reason, I nearly opened September's until I checked.

Looks like Lee has posted them on the wrong end - another example of disastrous PR ;)

The firm that supplied these practivcally always fictitious snippets for Rovers - PAPR! I have reams of faxed sheets in my office from the time, I'll post some of the dafter ones we got sometime

Yes please, I'm always up for a laugh! :)

Intrigued by the individual on the Fans Forum MH who, quote, asks: "How the club could highlight to fans the good value available in some of the corporate hospitality deals which were now easily within the reach of ordinary fans. GC undertook to look at ways of further promotion."

But numpty here wants it to be drawn to fans' attention that they can actually PAY MORE to go to games if they like! Buy overpriced food and drink!

OK - you may not want to pay a bit more for a special occasion once in a while, but there are clearly plenty of fans who would be interested. A number of people on the Forum expressed an interest when it was raised. I myself took my son and some of his mates into Legends on 11/11/06 for his 21st - home to Man Utd. Yes - it cost but it was a great way for him to celebrate his birthday.

The point MH was making was that many fans assume that the hospitality is just for rich business folk on expense accounts. You can do that at Ewood but Legends is designed for the ordinary fan who wants to splash out once in a while.

"How the club could highlight to fans the good value available in some of the corporate hospitality deals which were now easily within the reach of ordinary fans.

You have just proven his point. There are some good options available, albeit at a premium, for those who want them. People are not aware of them.

Not sure where else to put it, so maybe here?

You know the end of season awards evening where all the players attend? How do you get tickets to attend it?

Sponsor an award ;)

Now wouldn't that be a good idea; anyone interested in throwing into a pot to sponsor an award on behalf of this ole board......pro rata divi up for 'turns' in draw - six lucky winners to attend. Obviously overseen by mods wearing white gloves etc.

So, who's up for it?

The point MH was making was that many fans assume that the hospitality is just for rich business folk on expense accounts. You can do that at Ewood but Legends is designed for the ordinary fan who wants to splash out once in a while.

And not marketed very well at all.

IMHO.

Plenty of people would treat themselves/their family if they knew how reasonable it was.

Not sure where else to put it, so maybe here?

You know the end of season awards evening where all the players attend? How do you get tickets to attend it?

The disabled supporters club run it. Tickets are usually on sale about a month before the event. It is publicised in the match programme and I think the big screen but remind me again nearer the time and I'll give you a contact name and number.

Sponsor an award ;)

Now wouldn't that be a good idea; anyone interested in throwing into a pot to sponsor an award on behalf of this ole board......pro rata divi up for 'turns' in draw - six lucky winners to attend. Obviously overseen by mods wearing white gloves etc.

So, who's up for it?

white gloves??

latex gloves,rubber hose and a lot of water springs to mind :D

The disabled supporters club run it. Tickets are usually on sale about a month before the event. It is publicised in the match programme and I think the big screen but remind me again nearer the time and I'll give you a contact name and number.

There's two events - the main players awards and the disabled supporters player of the season. I think the OP means the main awards ceremony, i.e. the one with about 7 or 8 categories.

white gloves??

latex gloves,rubber hose and a lot of water springs to mind :D

Think you've been spending too much time watching them obscure German cable TV channels :o

Surely it would be a decent idea to sponsor an award though - perhaps Manager of the Year award?? :o

Sponsor an award ;)

So, who's up for it?

Good thinking DB, I'd be up for that. How about 'signing of the season' award to PI for the inspired Fowler deal? I'm sure most of the board would go along with that ;)

You could get into legends for as little as £55 if your a season ticket holder and thats for a Cat A game. Includes a meal but bar is pay as you go. No parking included. 2.5 hours pre-match atmosphere and 30 mins post match.

Like the guys said as a treat for someones Birthday not a bad option at all. Normal prices (non season tocket holders / OAP) start at £75 and include a match ticket.

Legends Package

"Package includes:

Lively atmosphere

Family friendly

Tasty pub style bar meal

Matchday magazine and team sheet

Licensed pay bar and betting facilities

Senior and junior (U16’s) concessions

Great views of the pitch

Matchday attire: Casual dress code - Home team colours may be worn."

Right. So for just over a weeks pension I get:

A bar meal, a £3 programme and a 10p team sheet.

How the other half live, eh? <_<

"Package includes:

Lively atmosphere

Family friendly

Tasty pub style bar meal

Matchday magazine and team sheet

Licensed pay bar and betting facilities

Senior and junior (U16’s) concessions

Great views of the pitch

Matchday attire: Casual dress code - Home team colours may be worn."

Right. So for just over a weeks pension I get:

A bar meal, a £3 programme and a 10p team sheet.

How the other half live, eh? <_<

As always, it's down to opinions - it's like when people suggest business or first class travel it's too expensive, it's often because they either can't afford it, or have a different concept of value.

For instance, given some of the tripe spouted at some games around where I sit, it would be a treat to sit somewhere more expensive, with a more genteel, cultured, quieter, sedate class of fan around and about. That's why I move to the Jack Walker Upper sometimes ;)

Doesn't cost you £69 does it? Anyway, you should sit in the JWL, better class of people there, and if you sit somewhere in the first four or five rows, you get the privilege of getting as wet as the players if it rains. :P

Doesn't cost you £69 does it? Anyway, you should sit in the JWL, better class of people there, and if you sit somewhere in the first four or five rows, you get the privilege of getting as wet as the players if it rains. :P

Which brings me nicely on to a query for the next fans forum (sorry mum! :P ).

I sit on BBE lower row 12 early 30`s and there is a hole in the roof that drips pretty badly when it pours down,does anybody else experience the same problem anywhere else in the ground?

Could it be put to the forum to take a look at this and any other problem areas? It would be greatly appreciated.

I sit on BBE lower row 12 early 30`s and there is a hole in the roof that drips pretty badly when it pours down,does anybody else experience the same problem anywhere else in the ground?

Could it be put to the forum to take a look at this and any other problem areas? It would be greatly appreciated.

Row 20 seat 74 same problem.

You could get into legends for as little as £55 if your a season ticket holder and thats for a Cat A game. Includes a meal but bar is pay as you go. No parking included. 2.5 hours pre-match atmosphere and 30 mins post match.

Like the guys said as a treat for someones Birthday not a bad option at all. Normal prices (non season tocket holders / OAP) start at £75 and include a match ticket.

Legends Package

I think it's cheaper than that on occasion. I was e-mailed before the Grimsby Cup game with details of a similar package for 39 quid.

You need to contact John Newsham at the club directly about that type of thing rather than have the forum raise it.

:)

Archived