BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Forum

Paul

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really enjoyed reading the thread from the start? Like an alternative potted history of the last three years.

Think Glen9 could prove useful on FF, so you don't agree with the tone of some earlier posts,

are you really going to let that stop you?

... Furthermore having re-read Giant's post it appears we may have our very own Nostradamus among our membership .... two down ... one to go!

I appologise to Ewood spark perhaps I have over-reacted, its been a long day, and i'm prob seeing something thats not there, Hope you have not taken too much offence?

I appologise to Ewood spark perhaps I have over-reacted, its been a long day, and i'm prob seeing something thats not there, Hope you have not taken too much offence?

No offence taken ... all part of healthy debate.

Fans Forums members have done excellent unsung work down the years.

The Pune trip is a banana skin potentially but not if they consult widely with fans of all shades of opinion before they go.

I suspect it will come as a shock in Pune that the reality is well over two thirds of the fans want rid of Kean.

Fans Forums members have done excellent unsung work down the years.

The Pune trip is a banana skin potentially but not if they consult widely with fans of all shades of opinion before they go.

I suspect it will come as a shock in Pune that the reality is well over two thirds of the fans want rid of Kean.

They'll not believe it Cryer and Kean insist it's only 1%.

Just as an aside and never mind the FF jolly...... how come you aren't going Philip? I'm amazed if you haven't been considered. imo You've gone out on a limb frequently and in doing so attracted a lot of criticism and much of it unfair also you have the ability to ask far more relevent and searching questions about many important issues of their tenure than 'why does the bovril form a cludge at the bottom of the cup?' or 'can we have the drips stopped in the prayer room cos the smokers keep getting soaked' etc. ( Just read it again and I hope I'm not being disparaging to the FF there who I know put in lots of effort here and there about the club but this is not really a job for them is it?)

They'll not believe it Cryer and Kean insist it's only 1%.

Just as an aside and never mind the FF jolly...... how come you aren't going Philip? I'm amazed if you haven't been considered. imo You've gone out on a limb frequently and in doing so attracted a lot of criticism and much of it unfair also you have the ability to ask far more relevent and searching questions about many important issues of their tenure than 'why does the bovril form a cludge at the bottom of the cup?' or 'can we have the drips stopped in the prayer room cos the smokers keep getting soaked' etc.

He would murder them

Any news from fan forum members on why/ if Birdy was not accepted as a fans forum member as been mentioned in these threads , seems to have been over looked. To me even as a young kid following Rovers he was always seen as Mr Blackburn Rovers and Im pretty sure he's a season ticket holder and in the UK, and pretty sure he is respected by a lot of other fans and there is no doubting he has the clubs interest at heart.

Because he's not on the Fans Forum, simple as that.

All the work he does and the fact he has probably the largest supporters club has been overlooked.

As an Ewood Blue myself, I find it a poor do.

That was my question , in the Pune Trip thread more than one person as said he has told them he could not get on the fans forum, just wondering if there is more than the two criteria required that have been mentioned

Any news from fan forum members on why/ if Birdy was not accepted as a fans forum member as been mentioned in these threads , seems to have been over looked. To me even as a young kid following Rovers he was always seen as Mr Blackburn Rovers and Im pretty sure he's a season ticket holder and in the UK, and pretty sure he is respected by a lot of other fans and there is no doubting he has the clubs interest at heart.

I keep hearing about Birdy and no disrespect but this is not an issue for a long term supporter who sang Zigazaga or whatever and threw pies at halifax or even those who give some time to improving their passion/hobby or whatever. This is a job for those skilled in accountancy, business law and business analysis etc. Now some of the FF may have those skills some may not but it doesn't appear to me that any such criteria was necessary for selection.

I'm beginning to form some opinions about the Pune trip but haven't really got to grips with it yet. I do want to say though I think these suggestions of elitism are very wide of the mark. As I said elsewhere I know eight of these people, none of them could be described as elitist.. Others I have met once or twice from the FF have not appeared to be elitist. I have to say to both of you to describe these fans as elitist is simply wrong.

It is a shame one person who is going on the trip has made some unfortunate remarks on here, which as I said before is not helping the whole discussion.

Hi Paul, I've held my hands up on the other thread and agree that a couple of flippant replies by myself probably haven't helped what was always going to be a divisive subject. I can only apologise if anybody took offence, and would again state that neither I or the FF are elitist.

I hope this can now be put to bed and carry on with the healthy debate.

I'd love to see Birdy on the forum, as you cannot doubt his passion for the club. I can say that Birdy has NOT had an application refused, but I do know that he was in contact last year asking for information on how to join (as I passed the details of the FF onto Birdy myself). I'm already speaking to the FF secretary and Birdy about this to find out what has gone on, and then how to move forward. It will get sorted.

I'd like to ask Birdy and the Ewood Blues a question or two. Did they write to the new owners wishing them well and asking, as a supporters' group, to meet them at some time and telling them of their history and involvement with the club? Did they write to Steve Kean as a new manager wishing him well, or Paul Hunt on his appointment?

If not, then they would not necessarily be aware of the Ewood Blues. A new regime takes time to get to know these things, sometimes you have to push yourself a little.

Fair point mum, I may be wrong on this but in the post John Williams weeks, I'm sure Birdy had a meeting with Tom Finn to discuss matters.

He has been active and of course he is well known within the corporate/ticket office sections anyway.

I'm not having a dig at the FF on this, just that it shouldn't have necessarily been 'right, we'll have 9 of you lot and that's it'.

As I've said, I'm not a member of the Fans Forum. I am concerned re the Birdy situation though, and I think members of the forum are looking into what happened (see Ste's post). I heard the rumour a while back so it was fairly common knowledge although there was a different interpretation of it.

I'd love to see Birdy on the forum, as you cannot doubt his passion for the club. I can say that Birdy has NOT had an application refused, but I do know that he was in contact last year asking for information on how to join (as I passed the details of the FF onto Birdy myself). I'm already speaking to the FF secretary and Birdy about this to find out what has gone on, and then how to move forward. It will get sorted.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I keep hearing about Birdy and no disrespect but this is not an issue for a long term supporter who sang Zigazaga or whatever and threw pies at halifax or even those who give some time to improving their passion/hobby or whatever. This is a job for those skilled in accountancy, business law and business analysis etc. Now some of the FF may have those skills some may not but it doesn't appear to me that any such criteria was necessary for selection.

I'd like to put my name forward as I meet your criteria.

A bit concerned about the Indian trip, on the face of it it appears to be an attempt by the owners to rectify past PR performance.

Whilst this could be viewed as admirable by some, it does appear a bit over the top and unnessacery bearing in mind our local pride and history.

Why not arrange this meeting at Ewood Park which would be much more business like and down to earth. I cannot help feeling that there is an element

of " come and see how wealthy we are, and stop causing trouble" to this visit. It does appear that looking at the posts of the people who are going

they are looking at it as a free jolly and probably wont be in the frame of mind to impress upon the owners our concerns about their tenure to date

in terms of nett profit on transfer activity, lack of faith in Kean, bad management in general etc , all these issues are well documented and discussed.

I speak as someone who would not want to travel that far to discuss our problems anyway so it is not sour grapes.

The owners need to be told straight that we are not happy about their record to date, and due to their ignorance of football in general to take proper

professional ( football ) advice.

Why not arrange this meeting at Ewood Park which would be much more business like and down to earth. I cannot help feeling that there is an element

of " come and see how wealthy we are, and stop causing trouble" to this visit. It does appear that looking at the posts of the people who are going

they are looking at it as a free jolly and probably wont be in the frame of mind to impress upon the owners our concerns about their tenure to date

It has been arranged for when our team is playing in india not on a random weekend or weekday when our team is playing in uk. So hopefully that answers your question on that

Info From this link(below)and probably be in articles from the press as well

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/25386-pune-trip/

It has been arranged for when our team is playing in india not on a random weekend or weekday when our team is playing in uk. So hopefully that answers your question on that

Info From this link(below)and probably be in articles from the press as well

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/25386-pune-trip/

So judging by your response this visit by the fans forum was originally arranged to coincide with the teams pre season Indian trip that was cancelled and as just been rescheduled?

Im glad you cleared that up was beginning to think it was a PR stunt at the first sign of unrest amongst Venky's subject's

Archived