Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The 2-1 Villa Preview Thread

Flopsy

• Replies 429
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rovers team

Samba back in starting 11 no McCarthy in first 11 andrew and Pedeerson in

Surprised that Benni isn't starting. It may just be Ince trying to make Benni work really hard for a start, a plan that could so easilly backfire if not handled correctly.

Looks like we are doing the long ball game to Roque and hoping for flick on's.

No carew for them in the first 11 looks like the diddy ment up front in Young and Agbonlawhore.

speed merchants indicates Villa have an intention to play football on the ground. stand by for a night of yellow and red cards for Rovers ^_^

its probably the only way for us to win the game :P

ROVERS: Robinson, Simpson, Samba, Nelsen ©, Ooijer, Emerton, Warnock, Andrews, Pedersen, Villanueva, Santa Cruz

What a horrible looking team. Ooijer at left back? I mean, it worked against Kevin Davies...but Agbonlahor? Crazy. Warnock and Andrews must be the weakest central pairing we've had for years as well.

ASTON VILLA: Friedel, L. Young, Laursen, Cuellar, Shorey, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Barry, A.Young, Agbonlahor, Milner. Subs: to follow

ROVERS: Robinson, Simpson, Samba, Nelsen ©, Ooijer, Emerton, Warnock, Andrews, Pedersen, Villanueva, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown (GK), Tugay, McCarthy, Fowler, Derbyshire, Olsson, Roberts.

dont think its that weak an XI - quite happy.

not a bad midfield 5 considering the way warnock has been playing - him and emo to mop up and track back, especially warnock on the left handside to give oiijer some cover.

the 3 behind roque have enought technique and guile to cause them some problems - just hope its not long ball stuff.

come on rovers- shock 0-2 win !!

ROVERS: Robinson, Simpson, Samba, Nelsen ©, Ooijer, Emerton, Warnock, Andrews, Pedersen, Villanueva, Santa Cruz. Subs: Brown (GK), Tugay, McCarthy, Fowler, Derbyshire, Olsson, Roberts.

Good things: We dropped Olsson and moved Carlos (I'm assuming) to his natural place behind the striker.

Bad things: Cruz instead of McCarthy again, Pedersen in the team for some bizarre reason.

The Andrews selection is a travesty nae, in fact its a bloody joke.

How can Ince expect to go to Villa and win with a team like that ?

It beggars belief and took me a full 1o mins just for it to sink in -_-

very very disappointed at the lack of Mccarthy up front with RSC

I think and hope we are playing like this:

Simpson - Samba - Nelsen - Ooijer

Emerton - Warnock

Andrews - Pedersen

Villanueva

Santa Cruz

It means that Simpson and Ooijer have to be offensive from their back positions I also think Emo and Warnock wil do a good defensive job by stopping both Barry, Reo-Coker and Petrov in midfield.

Both Andrews and Villanueva will give Santa Cruz some support in the attacks !

It looks like the long ball might be the best option to try and get a point or sneak a win.

Why? Santa Cruz is decent in the air but won't get the beating of Cuellar or Laursen...and even if he does, where is the pace to make use of any flick-ons he might get?

Archived