BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Sam Allardyce

I definitely prefer losing under Allardyce

Well, you know, it's easier, to you know, take, you know. I don't think anythink is different, you know, but, as I've said, you know, at least Sam's, you know, interviews say somethink, you know, different than you know, you know?

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Correction necessary Dan........

Well, you know, it's easier, to you know, take, you know. I don't fink anyfink is different, you know, but, as I've said, you know, at least Sam's, you know, interviews say somefink, you know, different than you know, you know?

Lets give Ince a ring eh eddie? Fortunately most on here are aware that you know sweet FA about the game. :tu:

Still I guess being such a loyal and regular paying customer at ewood that you are as entitled to voice your opinion as anybody else. :rolleyes:

I was against the Ince appointment. I was in favour of us looking at a more original European list of managers in the summer and I wanted the same thing in December.

Oh...you go to more matches...you must know more.

Going back to Sam's long term future, of course nicko's story could be incorrect but if it is right you would hope that when Sam was appointed the owners gave him some sort of assurances about his future, and that if we were relegated they would underwrite some sort of reasonable budget to have one serious attempt at least at going straight back up.

Otherwise there wasn't much point in spending a load of money on compensation sacking Ince just to also dispense with Sam's services a few months later on the basis he is too expensive. Might as well have stuck with Ince all along in the hope he got it right in the longer term.

Heaven knows what Jack would have made of what has happened at Ewood over the last two or three seasons.

Sam has a three year contract at Ewood.

That was in black and white everywhere it was reported when he joined Rovers.

If that's the case and there is absolutely no problem, why is Sam quoted on SSN as saying "A contract makes absolutely no difference anyway."

whilst at the same time stressing that for his part he won't walk away then?

It does tend to support nicko's story.

If that's the case and there is absolutely no problem, why is Sam quoted on SSN as saying "A contract makes absolutely no difference anyway."

We've all seen that a contract makes little difference to players and absolutely no difference to managers.

We've all seen that a contract makes little difference to players and absolutely no difference to managers.

That's a different point. Sam isn't talking about leaving of his own volition, he seems to be inferring that if we go down he'll be parting company with the Club and it won't be at his behest.

Unless of course his comments have been taken completely out of context.

if we do go down, then we obviously need to sack allardyce and re-apèpoint Ince.

Ince is perfectly placed to get us back up seeing as he once managed to get MK Dons out of the bottom tier. All he had to work with their was a set of training ground cones, endless cups of tea, an Army bloke who'd designed the krypton Factor assault course and a great big vat of filthy lucre.

Amazing really, he's a promotion magician.

Better stop there, I'm going off on one again.

I'm surprised we got Sam, really. He must be a glutton for punishment.

:rover: taxi for lardarse,even ince never lost to a 2nd division team :angry::brfcsmilie:

He'd never previously managed a team good enough to be playing against one...

Anyway, have you not let this one go, yet?

You must have really painted yourself into a corner when Big Sam was Bolton manager!

No your right - he won 1 in 13 in the premier league, losing his last 6 games in a row - the place where it all counts to us!!

HE IS THE 1 REASON WHY WE ARE IN THIS MESS!! The likes of Simpson, Villanueva & Andrews - Compared to Diouf & Givet. ENOUGH SAID!!!

The FA Cup for all its history just doesnt pay the bills!! Just like the UEFA Cup doesnt pay the bills, hence why Tottenham & Villa are both concentrating their efforts on the bread and butter of the premier league.

I suspect that Sam thought the same as many on here: that we had a top 7 squad, give or take a couple, and the only problem was the inept Ince.

I think he is now realising that he has the aged and infirm remnants of a top 7 squad and that better management can only go so far.

He must be sweating as much as we are given he will have seen this job as a slam dunk to restore his reputation.

I wonder how much the folks in Jersey are sweating.

• Backroom
I suspect that Sam thought the same as many on here: that we had a top 7 squad, give or take a couple, and the only problem was the inept Ince.

I think he is now realising that he has the aged and infirm remnants of a top 7 squad and that better management can only go so far.

He must be sweating as much as we are given he will have seen this job as a slam dunk to restore his reputation.

I wonder how much the folks in Jersey are sweating.

Why should they be sweating... they don't give a monkey's one way or the other about our football club!

Carlos has had opportunities Rover6. Face the reality, he's not good enough.

Sorry, I can't accept that until he has had a real chance in his RIGHT position - supporting striker.

It's as if Allardyce wants him to fail and hence continues to play him in an absurdly inappropriate position.

Besides, if Allardyce doesn't rate Villaneuva - why play him at all? Why not give Doran a chance on the right wing or Danny Blimin' Simpson as a nightwatchman right winger?

It don't add up. Sadly, Carlos is going to be made the scapegoat and will struggle to get another game for Rovers for the remainder of the season. The lad has more talent than half our players have, even in their wildest of optimistic dreams, which is what annoys me most about him not being given an opportunity.

Why not give Carlos the support role against Cov and say to him (via Julio Santa Cruz, official interpreter to the King), "Carlos, I'm giving you a chance in your favoured position to prove to me that you are good enough for Rovers. I order the other players to give the ball to you, to feet, as often as possible and let's see what you're made of. You do well, you will be in contention for the remaining games of this season and you could make a hero of yourself. Go out there and express yourself, Laddy, Highness."

Ermm...yes, i think I've made my point, manifold...

Sorry, I can't accept that until he has had a real chance in his RIGHT position - supporting striker.

It's as if Allardyce wants him to fail and hence continues to play him in an absurdly inappropriate position.

Besides, if Allardyce doesn't rate Villaneuva - why play him at all? Why not give Doran a chance on the right wing or Danny Blimin' Simpson as a nightwatchman right winger?

It don't add up. Sadly, Carlos is going to be made the scapegoat and will struggle to get another game for Rovers for the remainder of the season. The lad has more talent than half our players have, even in their wildest of optimistic dreams, which is what annoys me most about him not being given an opportunity.

Why not give Carlos the support role against Cov and say to him (via Julio Santa Cruz, official interpreter to the King), "Carlos, I'm giving you a chance in your favoured position to prove to me that you are good enough for Rovers. I order the other players to give the ball to you, to feet, as often as possible and let's see what you're made of. You do well, you will be in contention for the remaining games of this season and you could make a hero of yourself. Go out there and express yourself, Laddy, Highness."

Ermm...yes, i think I've made my point, manifold...

Ask the fans on here who have seen him Rover6. I think you'll struggle to find many who think he'll make it at this level. Ince had dropped him and Sam has told him to find another club.

I've seen him Den.

I'd like to see him play where he is supposed to play before writing him off. Yes, he is slow, so playing him on the wing was going to weaken him. Playing him in the centre where his pace can be compensated for by quick feet would work better.

So yes, I'll reserve judgement until I see him play in central midfield. Like he did against Grimsby. Did you go to that game, Den? I did.

I've seen him Den.

I'd like to see him play where he is supposed to play before writing him off. Yes, he is slow, so playing him on the wing was going to weaken him. Playing him in the centre where his pace can be compensated for by quick feet would work better.

So yes, I'll reserve judgement until I see him play in central midfield. Like he did against Grimsby. Did you go to that game, Den? I did.

Yes I went. You might want to take a look at THIS.

There is a reason why he's been pushed out to the wing though, isn't there? Anyone playing centrally must be able to keep posession. That's vital. And while Carlos has some strengths, ball retention isn't one of them. No team can afford midfield players that are continually turned over.

One other point about wanting to see him elsewhere but on the wing - he hasn't played as a winger yet. He's always wandered inside rather than stay wide.

Why should they be sweating... they don't give a monkey's one way or the other about our football club!

I can assure they'll be sweating buckets mate....... have you had your head in the sand recently re: the global financial crisis? :rolleyes:

Football is simply icing on a cake and when you are eating bread cake becomes irrelevent.

Yes I went. You might want to take a look at THIS.

There is a reason why he's been pushed out to the wing though, isn't there? Anyone playing centrally must be able to keep posession. That's vital. And while Carlos has some strengths, ball retention isn't one of them. No team can afford midfield players that are continually turned over.

One other point about wanting to see him elsewhere but on the wing - he hasn't played as a winger yet. He's always wandered inside rather than stay wide.

Correct. Carlos is a bit of a one trick pony. He's strong on free kicks and has a good shot on him but his all round contribution simply isn't enough for the Prem.

Football is simply icing on a cake and when you are eating bread cake becomes irrelevent.

Correct. Carlos is a bit of a one trick pony. He's strong on free kicks and has a good shot on him but his all round contribution simply isn't enough for the Prem.

Punctuation would make that first sentence a bit easier to read. :rolleyes:

He's not a one trick pony; he has good ball skills, a very good left foot and good delivery from set pieces. Whether or not he is suited to this league or, even more to the point, our team, has yet to be seen, although it seems unlikely at this point that he is. He's got more talent and skill than most of our midfielders combined, so at least he is somewhat a step in the right direction. The problem that we have is that we have built a side where we ask everyone to be utility men. We haven't added any pace or skill to the side, so instead we only have the option of filling our lineup with the unspectacular. If Villanueva could sit in the centre of midfield alongside an all action midfielder and with pace on either wing he'd probably be effective in this league.

Archived