BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dunno why they didnt borrow bullards hairdryer for the frozen areas on the pitch :rolleyes: shame really, they were on a good roll though and i felt it was time for them to lose a match.

"According to referee Rob Styles 98% of the pitch is playable, however the remaining 2% is not and he is not prepare to put the player's safety at risk" - statement from Rovers' official site. If that is true, I could defrost 2% of a football pitch myself, that's just unacceptable. I hope Fulham FC refund with additional compensation any Rovers fans who have wasted most of their Saturday travelling for nothing!

Its a sad scenario both down at Foolham and Pompy where the games are off due to frozen pitches.

Both clubs, Premiership clubs at that, cannot even get a game on when the temperature drops in the 21st Century, and that for me deserves punishing.

I genuinely feel for all supporters who have travelled south and with less than 1hr 20 minutes before kick off find out that the incompetent ground staff and clubs have failed to ensure their pitches are playable, especially with the technology and equipment available to help them.

Have a safe journey Northbound folks.

Benefits for Rovers ? No more injuries this weekend, another week to prepare for the Barcodes TOGETHER and a chance for Sam and the boys to have a little time out and of course for the injury list to improve, we may see Dunn and RSC on the pitch versus NUFC.

Negatives ? Lack of a match might bring a bit of rustiness for the 2 weeks off from games for the first team squad and looking up at a few teams who might just scrape 3 points further ahead today.

I think it’s embrassing and makes the club look unprofessional. This will cost the club money in lost income so they need to look at why they were unable to deal adequately with a know problem. How did Blyth Spartans manage to ensure their pitch was playable? It's bloody pathetic. This is Central London in the 21st Century. Poor effort Fulham.

Mind you, Craven Cottage is inside the 'frost line' next to the river, where temperatures stay lower as the rest of town warms up.

However if it's true that Balckburn wanted the game to be called off, where does that leave us?

Just spoke to a mate who is down there on official coach.

Coaches dropped everyone off, people dispersed as they do, coaches drive away tto park up, and then those who were near the ground advised game is off.

Now if they can contact the coaches they can't start back up until all those travelling have gone back to the ground. How late was decsion that they couldn't let people know before they got off the coaches??

Story goes that Sam is furious....

Blame whoever it was who posted early in the thread that this would be a first time in a long time the Rovers have played teams managed by ex-Rovers managers consequtively. The postponement was bound to happen after that.

Guest Kamy100

Sam's just been on Sky Sports and said that he is happy with the decision to call of the game, said that the pitch was tightening up and with the continued cold weather it was likely that the pitch would have got worse as the game wore on.

Should have been an isnpection this morning, surely the same conclusion could have been found. Of course its the right decision because it's dangerous to play on if any part of it is frozen and it's not gonna get better, only worse between now and 5. Thats why we have no games here for these three months. Just feel sorry for the rovers fans that went. On my away trips to Fulham it's never a day which costs less than 100 quid. Obviously the ticket will be refunded but what about the rest. Ridiculous by a 'Premiership club'.

Portsmouth don't. A "spineless" decision not to get that done if you ask me. I blame Tony Adams.

Birmingham don't have it either. They were in the Prem last year. Apparently there is a Premier League ruling that all Clubs in the Premier League must have undersoil heating. I don't know whay they bother with these "rule" things.

Not sure how accurate it is, but according to wikipedia, it's not a requirement for the Premiership, but most do have it. The undersoil heating article then goes on to mention December 27, 2005 where matches at the Reebok, Ewood, and St. James were cancelled due to snow build up even though there was undersoil heating and that there was an investigation, but never mentions the result.

If little Blyth could get a game on on Monday with an 8pm KO ...

Enough said.

Setanta took care of the heating for them.

Good points - Fulham are on a great run and now isn't the best time to play them. We should have Dunn, Grella and Santa back and reasonably match fit.

Rest assured we can't go bottom now. We'll have a game in hand so lets just see what the day brings.

"However if it's true that Balckburn wanted the game to be called off, where does that leave us?"

Sam has been on radio 5 at around 2pm and i quote " we were 10 mins from the ground when the news came through "

How could rovers want the game called off if they were 10 mins away from the ground ??

A postponement for snow is acceptable (due to having to clear the stands too) but a postponement for frost is a scandal given the amount of cash teams get.

Points deductions and £100 individual compensation payouts should be introduced

Just spoke to a mate who is down there on official coach.

Coaches dropped everyone off, people dispersed as they do, coaches drive away tto park up, and then those who were near the ground advised game is off.

Now if they can contact the coaches they can't start back up until all those travelling have gone back to the ground. How late was decsion that they couldn't let people know before they got off the coaches??

Story goes that Sam is furious....

I do not know about the coaches - but it was the police who came to the 8 bells (pub mainly for away supporters) and told myself and others standing outside that the game was off and asked if somebody could go in and tell the people inside the pub. This was about 1.15pm. about 10 minutes later a police van stopped outside the pub to tell us the game was off - we told them we already knew - the police said to me "it was out of order and disgusting to leave it this late".

Ironicaly I then went for the train back to Victoria and they were announcing over the tannoys that the gane was off and this was about 1.30pm. So somebody must have been able to contact the coaches - I don't know what time it was reported in the media the game was off.

What a farce! I cannot believe that they left it until 1.15 to call the game off. I'm only based an hour or two away, but I'm still extremely angry that I've wasted the day. I can only imagine what those who came from Blackburn are feeling right now.

What a farce! I cannot believe that they left it until 1.15 to call the game off. I'm only based an hour or two away, but I'm still extremely angry that I've wasted the day. I can only imagine what those who came from Blackburn are feeling right now.

I agree with you. I am furious and as I live near Eastbourne, which is only 2 and half hours away from Fulham. On the train back home I looked out of the window and saw people playing football - gutted.

I did have one laugh though - I was in the 8 bells pub, pint in hand, dressed in my Rovers away top, Rovers scarlf and Rovers hat and somebody asked if I was a fulham fan!!!!!!!!!!!! He then thought I was rude for not replying.

Archived