BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i felt the hull game was too big a match not too win, and we did. i felt the everton match was a must'nt lose, and we did'nt. And this match again for what it would do for us and the teams around is a must win, and i think we will 2-1, with a painfully nervous last 15 minutes like the hull game. The end of the hull match was complete torture and unfortunately the rest of the season is going to be the same.

I really want to go to this match but i will not be able to get back from Blackburn to Bolton at 3am simply because the trains don't start running for another 3 hours. I have a lecture at 9am the following day so i can't really afford to sit awake at the station. Do you think the coach driver if i ask nicely, would be willing to drop me off at one of the junctions for Bolton and i'll walk back from there? Probably a stupid idea but i'd really like to go on Wednesday.

I really want to go to this match but i will not be able to get back from Blackburn to Bolton at 3am simply because the trains don't start running for another 3 hours. I have a lecture at 9am the following day so i can't really afford to sit awake at the station. Do you think the coach driver if i ask nicely, would be willing to drop me off at one of the junctions for Bolton and i'll walk back from there? Probably a stupid idea but i'd really like to go on Wednesday.

The bus goes on the wrong motorway for Bolton. We'll be coming back to Blackburn on the m6, not the m61. But you could try it!

Not only is this a must win game but its a fantastic opportunity to jump over pompey newcastle and stoke. Also a win will put a 4 point gap to boro and most likely get rid of west brom who would have to make up 8 points to climb out the bottom 3. This is our chance to put ourselves in a strong postion for the run in.

Err, I didn't say that.

I said Fulham wasn't an "easy win".

Cause nobody this season is easy.

My point is, if we don't win this one, then we are going to struggle to pick up many in our next few fixtures.

and this is an easier fixture than Spurs.

I have just heard the scoreline. Fulham lost 0-4 to Manure.

As I have been watching the cricket and Rugby league can anyone tell us how Fulham played or was it as the scoreline suggested ?

Fulham competed well at the start. Vidic & Van der Sar had a couple of wobbly moments, but they couldn't capitalize. Then they conceded a poor goal, letting Tevez & Rooney of all people to combine in the air. Then Man. Utd found their groove and picked 'em off.

My point is, if we don't win this one, then we are going to struggle to pick up many in our next few fixtures.

and this is an easier fixture than Spurs.

It's quite blatantly not an easier fixture than Spurs.

Fulham's record at home: W 8 D 3 L 2 (better than Arsenal's)

Spurs' record away: W 3 D 3 L 8

I'm not sure on what grounds you think Fulham away will be an easier fixture...

i think people are basing their opinions on their last 2 home games - no wins and no goals

fulham certainly look as though their season is fizzling out a la charlton under curbs

To be fair, watching the highlights Fulham should have beat Hull comfortably. They seemed to play well but missed numerous very good opportunities. Hull scored with the only shot they seemed to have.

Eddie, quite simple really... you're wrong!!!

Fulham at Craven Cottage will be a hell of a lot harder than Spurs.

Just look at their form this season, people dont go to Craven Cottage and walk away with wins very often. Hull were absolutely battered before nicking a goal in injury time. It was certainly not a deserved result. I'd take a draw at Fulham.

Their home form is impressive, but as a team they aren't that great. They still have some tough home fixtures remaining and I'm certainly not convinced that we're talking about "fortress" Craven Cottage. It's easy to point to basic records sometimes, but I still would put this in the group of one of our more winnable fixtures. Truth is that home advantage is overrated in most sports and premiership football would be one of them for most grounds.

Archived