BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fulham Preview

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah, what an incredible result.

Who would've thought that the 1-8-1 formation could have worked such a treat. Mokoena was plain MARVELLOUS in the "second man to the left of the man in the hole" position. And, OMG, Jason Roberts in goal - a revelation. Never mind kicking the ball, all he did was try to control the backpass and it went miles. I was a bit shocked to see Gamst relegated to playing the tealady at half-time but he did display an unusual speed as he came out balancing those croissants; the picnic looked a blast. Maybe it should become a fixture because the team were outstanding in the second. Never mind route one, this was total football Allardyce style - the ball did not touch the grass ONCE during the whole second half. Allardyce took to a crane just outside the stadium to get a better view.

Fulham were so demoralised that they sent on Oumar Konde and Jason McAteer to raise his team's spirits. No idea where they came from because they were not on the subs bench. Bizarrely, they were wearing Rovers shirts and the confusion was stepped up when Roy Hodgson stormed onto the pitch wearing nought but a T-shirt. On the front read, "I heart Jesus" and on the back, "I got you into EUrope, why do you call me Woy. God damn you all?" He was soon tackled by security but the crowd were silenced.

If this furore was not enough, Mokoena went and scored a goal. An own-goal, but still.

I'm not sure what the final score was but we definitely won and are now that much closer to safety. One criticism I would is that Keith Andrews was anonymous again. Although, there were pre-match reports that a large boisterous crowd had assembled around a lamp-post chanting, "terminate the Ince-ling, terminate the Ince-ling".

Ah, what an incredible result.

Who would've thought that the 1-8-1 formation could have worked such a treat. Mokoena was plain MARVELLOUS in the "second man to the left of the man in the hole" position. And, OMG, Jason Roberts in goal - a revelation. Never mind kicking the ball, all he did was try to control the backpass and it went miles. I was a bit shocked to see Gamst relegated to playing the tealady at half-time but he did display an unusual speed as he came out balancing those croissants; the picnic looked a blast. Maybe it should become a fixture because the team were outstanding in the second. Never mind route one, this was total football Allardyce style - the ball did not touch the grass ONCE during the whole second half. Allardyce took to a crane just outside the stadium to get a better view.

Fulham were so demoralised that they sent on Oumar Konde and Jason McAteer to raise his team's spirits. No idea where they came from because they were not on the subs bench. Bizarrely, they were wearing Rovers shirts and the confusion was stepped up when Roy Hodgson stormed onto the pitch wearing nought but a T-shirt. On the front read, "I heart Jesus" and on the back, "I got you into EUrope, why do you call me Woy. God damn you all?" He was soon tackled by security but the crowd were silenced.

If this furore was not enough, Mokoena went and scored a goal. An own-goal, but still.

I'm not sure what the final score was but we definitely won and are now that much closer to safety. One criticism I would is that Keith Andrews was anonymous again. Although, there were pre-match reports that a large boisterous crowd had assembled around a lamp-post chanting, "terminate the Ince-ling, terminate the Ince-ling".

Well we know what you did this afternoon.

Today was ridiculous. I totally understand that the game had to be called off if there was a danger to the players but it shouldnt have gone to that.

Craven cottage is an old ###### stadium, i know thats part of the appeal of it but fulham have more than enough money to invest in decent under pitch heating to avoid such an occurrance.

With the amount of money pumped into the premiership, there should NEVER be a premier league game postponed due to frost. absolutly ridiculous.

Hang on... the whole country is freezing but only the Fulham and Portsmouth games are called off. Wouldn't be anything to do with being a bunch of soft, Southern, shandy-drinking nancies would it?

mmm let me think about that for a minute.... YES

Today was ridiculous. I totally understand that the game had to be called off if there was a danger to the players but it shouldnt have gone to that.

Craven cottage is an old ###### stadium, i know thats part of the appeal of it but fulham have more than enough money to invest in decent under pitch heating to avoid such an occurrance.

With the amount of money pumped into the premiership, there should NEVER be a premier league game postponed due to frost. absolutly ridiculous.

I heard today that both fulham and pompey are being investigated about why the games had to be cancelled. There is some rule about all prem clubs should be able to protect their pitches even if the temp goes to -3. At fulham yesterday, it may have been below -3 over night, but not during the day.

I have been wanting to add Craven Cottage to my list of grounds visited for years but every year something has stopped me going. This year I was to be in Gateshead but that's been called off so am now free to go - excellent!

It seems I'm fated never to get to Craven Cottage. At least I got closer than before - we got the message as we got off the tube at Putney Bridge at 1.30. Whilst it cost a lot for the train down it wasn't completely wasted for me as my son lives in London and we at least spent some time with him before coming back today. It cost even more with the wife's shopping in King's Road - do you think I can claim that back as well?

So is this game being played at a later date or is it going to be 1 point for each team?

Thats a joke right??

I was on the underground when i was told by the tannoy announcer!

Bloody joke! After all the time/money we spent and they call it of 1 hr 45 mins before KO!

I cant go if its a mid-week game!stuoid!

Good night in Covent garden though! :wacko::tu:

Aggravating for those that travelled but thinking with a long head it's prob a blessing in disguise. We should be a stronger outfit when the match is re-arranged, and that match in hand is now looking mighty important when considering the other results this weekend.

Think positive.

I think the probability is the re-arranged game will be quite late in the season with both clubs still in the FA Cup and Fulham playing Kettering next round so pretty likely to make it into the Fifth Round draw.

The later the better for Rovers probably.

Fulham are considering installing undersoil heating at Craven Cottage after their postponed Premier League match against Blackburn on Saturday cost them £100,000. (Daily Express)

From BBC Gossip.

This is the icey report of the Pompey postponement from the MEN. Ireland misses the Wigan game now- good news!

• 1 month later...

Welcome back!

Oh what time of jollity and gifts- free travel on official coaches down to Craven Cottage, two for one deals on tickets from Ticketmaster and BEST OF ALL,

a reprise of the preview from Ffan (many thanks) and philipl.

So straight into a de-frosted q and a:

1) Any chance of another postponement- freezing fog on the Thames, Craven Cottage Siberian micro-climate etc?

I sincerely hope not! In all seriousness I'd say the chances of the game being called off is extremely low.

2) How was the transfer window for you and any injury developments since January?

It was a quite January in all honestly, apart from Bullard leaving of course. Giles Barnes came in on loan from Derby but we still haven't seen him in the first team yet as his match fitness was not of the required standard as did Dacourt and he seems to be a fine player, however he doesn't seem have the legs for a full ninety minutes in my opinion.

3) Which is your preferred route to Europe? Winning the FA Cup or coming 7th or above?

Winning the FA Cup and coming 11th in the league or above.

4) Will Rovers go down? (Don't be nice!)

I really don't know. I hope not. I'd say West Brom will eventually drop as will Stoke and then it's between everyone from Middlesbrough to Bolton.

5) Revised score prediction?

Fulham win.

A mixed bag of answers there. A Revised score prediction doesn't mean go and make the same mistake you made with your score prediction first time around Mr Ffan. And 11th won't get Fulham into Europe ;) but its odds on 7th (West Ham lawks-a-mercy) will do with Chelsea, Arsenal and (sorry about this ffan) Man U headed into the SFs of the FA Cup this year.

So can Rovers repeat the heroics of Jonny Stead at al the last time things looked grim before a spot of Cottaging?

Will a spot of frost on 1% of the ground cause a cancellation an hour before kick off again?

Will Rovers' awful track record of not converting a fortuitous game in hand into points continue?

Will Andrews be Julie or Keith?

Will an empty toilet roll and a bit of sticky backed plastic put David Dunn back together again?

Will this preview ever end?

All this and more will be revealed when Fulham play Blackburn Rovers (eventually).

It seems I'm fated never to get to Craven Cottage. At least I got closer than before - we got the message as we got off the tube at Putney Bridge at 1.30. Whilst it cost a lot for the train down it wasn't completely wasted for me as my son lives in London and we at least spent some time with him before coming back today. It cost even more with the wife's shopping in King's Road - do you think I can claim that back as well?

Having another go at getting to Craven Cottage next week. Luckily for me I have a meeting in Vauxhall on the afternoon and a free bed available at my son's house. I was recently away for three weeks and have yet to see Rovers lose under Allardyce so hopefully I can carry on as a good luck charm.

. And 11th won't get Fulham into Europe ;)
Aye, but winning the FA Cup would if I'm not mistaken :lol:.

Would also like to change my prediction back to a draw, as we can't score. Or else Rovers will nick it at the end.

Aye, but winning the FA Cup would if I'm not mistaken :lol:.

Would also like to change my prediction back to a draw, as we can't score. Or else Rovers will nick it at the end.

We NEED to nick this one ffan.

Train from Manchester 09.30 wednesday morning - train home 13.30 thursday afternoon.

Win or lose its gonna be MESSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Love - BRFC

Welcome back!

Oh what time of jollity and gifts- free travel on official coaches down to Craven Cottage, two for one deals on tickets from Ticketmaster and BEST OF ALL,

Does anyone know if the two for one deal on match tickets is still available? I went down to Fulham for the original postponed fixture but I didn't buy tickets beforehand. I intended to pay on the gate. It wasn't until I got back that I read Mansfield Blue's post (#61) about the two for one deal. I've just tried entering the TMPDEALS passcode into the Ticketmaster site but it doesn't seem to be working.

Does anyone know whether there is a new code which will enable me to buy two for one tickets please?

Thanks in advance.

Archived