BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Emerton Out For 9 Months

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bad news, bad timing. I fear for Emerton - I hope he can come back from this as injuries have all but finished too many of our stars.

From Whelan to Reid, we seem to be cursed. We will be held to ransom now, unless we put our trust in a certain Carlos Villanueva?

It smacks of 'I told you so' but practically everyone on this board said we needed a midfielder to sign as a matter of urgency for just this situation.

Get well soon Brett - you (and certainly the passion you have shown so far this season) will be missed.

As well as an extra midfielder, we will now need a right back too, unless Simpson can live up to the press my Man U mates have given him. possibly the worst player to get injured for us in terms of versatility.

Guest Kamy100

This is absolutely the worst possible news. First and foremost gutted for Emo as he has been really good for us over the last 12 months or so. The injury blow is made doubley worse because he is so versatile. It should have been done earlier but now it is imperative another midfielder is signed.

Huge blow. Emerton has been our most consistent players for a couple of seasons and we will miss his experience and versatility in the relegation run-in.

Makes you wonder if the club is cursed although some wounds (Ince) are self-inflicted.

Huge blow. Emerton has been our most consistent players for a couple of seasons and we will miss his experience and versatility in the relegation run-in.

Makes you wonder if the club is cursed although some wounds (Ince) are self-inflicted.

You do realise he's Australian, don't you? ;)

Losing a good player for this length of time is bad news at any time, losing one in our current predicament is terrible.

You do realise he's Australian, don't you? ;)

Losing a good player for this length of time is bad news at any time, losing one in our current predicament is terrible.

Get well soon Emo. I was looking forward to seeing him down under for the FIFA World Cup qualifying games later this year. Looks like you'll be part of the commentary team. You'll be back for South Africa though mate.

It's bad news but not devastating. It's not as if our team absolutely relies on him for inspiration - for hard-work, yes, but not inspiration.

Get him way from the right wing (which we have done) and he is a big player for us. Defensively Ooijers OK with BE dropping and covering to make up for his lack of pace but whether Diouff will do the same remains to be seen. All of a sudden Grella and Samba will have a bigger job on their hands.

btw re: Nicko's thread. Plastic Head...... no need for that! you are an ignorant know-nowt and a stupid tw*t to boot! :angry:

Gutted. Arguably the worst player we could loose in our squad.

He's our best right back, and arguably our best cm and rm as well. We now look even thinner in quality for all 3 positions (although if grella can keep fit cm may not be as much as a problem).

Big Sam has a very busy few hours ahead, and this could be the thing that forces us to sell Rocky.

Archived