BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay Memories

Seperate from Tugay testimonial thread, thats more of a debate, I'd rather have a thread simply for everyones favourite memories of Tugay... there have been many magic moments.

Off the top of my head:

That goal against Burnley, it had to be Tugay :rover:

Them sublime volleys vs Fulham & Spurs.

His genius at the varying testimonials, worth the entry fee alone!

The famous "Tugay walk" as he leaves the pitch.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All of the above, but I'll mostly miss his walk off.

STEP 1. Run to Riverside touchline

STEP 2. Ignore board by looking away

STEP 3. Who me?

STEP 4. Are you sure?

STEP 5. Remove tape from socks

STEP 6. Lower socks

STEP 7. Applaud the Riverside

STEP 8. Shake hands of every player within 5m of walk off route

STEP 9. Applaud Blackburn End when you reach half way

STEP 10. Shake more hands/High Fives

STEP 11. Shake hand of the referee as he comes to tell you to hurry up

STEP 12. Slight jog for 5 yards

STEP 13. Shake more hands

STEP 14. High Five the player coming on

STEP 15. Applaud Jack Walker Stand

STEP 16. Shake managers hand

STEP 17. Sit down on the bench

STEP 3. Who me?

STEP 4. Are you sure?

STEP 6. Lower socks

Ha ha excellent gave me a giggle first thing this morning.

STEP 3. Who me?

STEP 4. Are you sure?

STEP 6. Lower socks

Only one Tugay! :)

:rover: utd away first season back in the premier,flicked the ball over keane's head and through his legs,you could see the glow on roy's face from the away end :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

...and his nutmeg of Steven Gerard last season at Ewood. Priceless.

STEP 3. Who me?

STEP 4. Are you sure?

STEP 6. Lower socks

###### brilliant.

I used to like his performance under Souey.

First half, around the 43rd minute, he'd go down clutching his ankle. But only if Rovers weren't losing.

Timewasting? Nah, obviously had a very dodgy ankle that used to flair up every so often. :)

I will never forget that nutmeg as long as i live, great way to wind up liverpool fans!

I loved that move, and that goal. Textbook example of what a player of his type contributes in attack. Picks balls up outside the area, makes a superstar look like a schoolboy, then play a through ball to send a winger clean through who then crosses for the poacher arriving at the first post. A great example of how he makes goals happen without being either the scorer or the one getting the assist. It's situations like that which make me consider the Ice Hockey approach to assists, where two players can get an assist for a goal.

If anyone can find a clip of it somewhere (Other than on Rovers World) I'd be grateful!!

At the FA cup match at Burnley a few years ago, after he came off in he second half, he sttod in the tunnel watching the rest of the game. I was sat right next to the tunnel, and had a chat with him told him I loved him and took his photograph, all of which he was happy to put with!

n594900897_106457_45.jpg

I loved that move, and that goal. Textbook example of what a player of his type contributes in attack. Picks balls up outside the area, makes a superstar look like a schoolboy, then play a through ball to send a winger clean through who then crosses for the poacher arriving at the first post. A great example of how he makes goals happen without being either the scorer or the one getting the assist. It's situations like that which make me consider the Ice Hockey approach to assists, where two players can get an assist for a goal.

If anyone can find a clip of it somewhere (Other than on Rovers World) I'd be grateful!!

It was boxing day 2006 but I can't find the clip :(

Not great quality but forward to 1:07 on this clip -

At the FA cup match at Burnley a few years ago, after he came off in he second half, he sttod in the tunnel watching the rest of the game. I was sat right next to the tunnel, and had a chat with him told him I loved him and took his photograph, all of which he was happy to put with!

n594900897_106457_45.jpg

How small is that copper? :)

:rover: utd away first season back in the premier,flicked the ball over keane's head and then through his legs,you could see the glow on roy's face from the away end :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

Wasn't it Veron that he dinked the ball over and collected around the other side whilst Veron was rooted to the spot in err admiration?

Surely that was not StevieG the world class galactico from Livvy that Tugay bamboozled as easily as he'd have done with a tailors dummy? If it had been the other way around it'd still be on the MoTD starting sequence. :rolleyes:

Wasn't it Veron that he dinked the ball over and collected around the other side whilst Veron was rooted to the spot in err admiration?

Thats how I remember it.

Great player and servant to Rovers...I hope he gets the sendoff he deserves...I just hope the Riversiders don't "Do One" before the end as usual....

I absolutely love that goal! When I lived with a mate of mine who's a Liverpool fan, I used show him this goal every time before we were watching a movie from my computer. I always asked him, where is Gerrard going?

If kids tries to learn the step-over, they should watch that from Tugay. It doesn't come better. Brilliant!

Great player and servant to Rovers...I hope he gets the sendoff he deserves...I just hope the Riversiders don't "Do One" before the end as usual....

What, like people in the other stands do, sneaking down their little exit halfway down the stand?

Love the walk off bit, Rog!

I remember 2 seasons ago, final match against Reading (when he almost got in a fight with Hunt during the walkoff). Ball just about to go out of bounds, he runs over, steps on it on the line to stop it, momentum taking him way out of bounds and then we go and score.

There was a classic against Man United at Ewood when he got 'injured' and spent the final few minutes rolling around clutching his knee, only to make a full recovery by the final whistle!

Archived