BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay Memories

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No, it isn't fair play. If this traitor didn't want the boots, then why did they catch them? :angry::angry:

Exactly. I share the exact sentiments. When we played Reading on the last game of the season I caught one Matt Derbyshire's boots. Instead of trying to cash in on them I gave the boot to my younger brother who was at the game with me.

I am saying fair play because my previous post was saying what are the chances of both boots being caught by the same person!

I don't believe it is correct to cash in on an occasion like this!

I agree - it's not right to cash in like that. I hope nobody pays the asking price.

Of course they would, they will be hung up in the boot room presumably at times, identification would be important.

Well I'm not buying it. Literally or metaphorically.

Whenever I've seen them, they've had their names either printed/stitched on professionally or written underneath.

Don't know about the Rovers but that is definitely the case at another club who are long term members of the PL. Heavy odds on the boots being a fraud.

Out of interest, does the eBay ad give the boot size because I remember from a while back an LT article saying what size Tugs wears.

Don't know about the Rovers but that is definitely the case at another club who are long term members of the PL. Heavy odds on the boots being a fraud.

Out of interest, does the eBay ad give the boot size because I remember from a while back an LT article saying what size Tugs wears.

Nope - and the only picture that gives any sense of perspective is the one I've posted. Hard to say from that.

Very disappointing either way. A proper Rovers fan would have donated them to charity if they were real. This seller is a scumbag.

Some appears to have bid and the current bid is £600. Hopefully it's a sting and £1M bid has been placed on a dummy account.

I can say 3 things:

1. The boots are in the possession of my wee cousin.

2. They are not on ebay.

3. The boots on ebay are a fraud, as the REAL boots are autographed with a signature, not block letters.

Elementary my dear Mellison.

1048014.jpg

In what sense? ;)

I guess Topman is the real Sherlock. I was just Dr. Watson following up on his hunch.

That would make you the Inspector Lestrade character. Confirming the facts after the case had been solved. :tu::lol:

Archived