BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay Memories

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can anyone remember Tugay having a injury in his time at Rovers? Me and my mate can't remember him having anything to note, maybe the odd knock or slight groin strain, maybe this is one of the reasons why he had continued for so long!

I was thinking the same yesterday. One strong reason for offering him a reduced contract offer... a business like and mutually beneficial solution although it's a slightly sh1tty trick. I doubt either his pride or Sams would allow it though. Again it's got to be a head over heart issue.

Just found this

"After his retirement, Tugay said he would go on a long trip with his family but added that he would remain in England, both for his career and his children’s education. So, he will not be away from the game for too long.

"I will start to work with experienced names and start to get my coaching badges," Tugay told Turkish NTV Spor channel. "And when I feel ready, I will start [for a head coach job]." After eight years of representing his country in England in the best possible way, one can only hope that Tugay Kerimoğlu can maintain his stellar playing quality in his new career. "

Full article about the master here

Ive just had an email off the woman on ebay, she says the boots are a size 7.5!

I saw a couple of pictures, one on the Rovers official site, and the boots didn't seem to have TUGAY scrawled on the back of the boots.

:rock:

Just heard from a credible source that Tugay is talking to Citeh about a youth team role. If it's true that's a bit of a sickener.

Why? We had our chance to keep him on and chose not to.

He's said he was going elsewhere to get the relevant experience. I assumed it would be lower leagues but even better if its citeh. Use them to get great experience then leave and come home.

"We" didn't choose not too, BFS chose not too. He will have his reasons but I don't want to see Tugay in a city tracksuit.

A 'youth team' job is simply to be the flypaper to cream off the best young Turkish talent imo. He is a bigger legend in Turkey than in Blackburn. Which Turkish Dad would not want to place his trust In Tugay to develop his son's talents and career in the English Prem?

I know, all sounds a bit daft, we say we'll let him serve his appreticeship elsewhere before appointing him, and he ends up at a club bigger than ours.

I'd have liked Sam to offer him some sort of deal!

I know, all sounds a bit daft, we say we'll let him serve his appreticeship elsewhere before appointing him, and he ends up at a club bigger than ours.

I'd have liked Sam to offer him some sort of deal!

Allardyce makes it a rule not to employ any coach who is not fully qualified. Even though Tugay is a legend at Rovers why should he make an exception for him on that point. We all know where Tugay's heart is, but sometimes you have to take what is offered. My daughter is currently applying for jobs at other clubs - doesn't mean she'll ever be anything other than a rover at heart.

Archived