BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay Memories

I never stated that he would become a good coach or a good manager, I just hope that he will.

Fair point that Allardyce is the present & is what we should be focusing on, but I never intend on 'forgetting' about Tugay. Neither should any other Rovers supporter, I am lucky that I have seen some pretty special players play for us & feel priviliged to have enjoyed 8 years from Tugay.

'sentimental clap-trap' how about, go and tell the other god knows how many Rovers fans to 'forget' Tugay & see what response you get... Check the name of this thread 'Tugay Memories' I dont see the problem with discussing his future on here, as its been in the papers today... But I think the main Idea is to discuss 'sentimental clap-trap'!!!

I think JM2 meant "forget him" in the sense he won't be a coach for Rovers. I'm not too sure but that's what I would make of it.

Agree with Jim though, you cannot coach the gift Tugay has. You either have it or you don't. So him coming back as a coach would be pointless (although welcomed by all Rovers fans). Maybe he could come into the Rovers frame somehow in the near future as a coach or as a director of some sort. Who knows...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He should be doing his badges here. He wanted to, and most people at Rovers would have loved him to stay in some capacity.

Bobby Mimms (at the Hordens do) was full of praise for the work Tugay already did and had no doubt he would make a great coach.

My guess is that BFS felt threatened by Tugay's popularity both inside and outside the dressing room - and with the fans - so wanted him out of the way.

So perversely it's probably a good management decision to have shipped Tugay out.

Anyone would think you had something against Sam... :mellow:

Life goes on. Tugay was a legend for this club - AS A PLAYER. Just because he's coaching at Man.City doesn't mean he's severed his ties with the club OR that Sam wanted to be the alpha male. Sam wants personnel who are qualified to work in the PL. It would be same nepotism we accused Ince of to give Tugay a job for the sake of it.

Did Tugay - on his last game - say that he will be going home for 2 years and learn his coach badges?

I've just had one of my mates saying he's gone back on his word and is a 'c***" for going Citeh...

Apparently he's Blue and White, not Sky Blue blah, blah, blah.

I tried to make him see sense and he's doing it to learn his trade - but 'you can't teach what Tugay has.'

Did Tugay - on his last game - say that he will be going home for 2 years and learn his coach badges?

I've just had one of my mates saying he's gone back on his word and is a 'c***" for going Citeh...

Apparently he's Blue and White, not Sky Blue blah, blah, blah.

I tried to make him see sense and he's doing it to learn his trade - but 'you can't teach what Tugay has.'

He didn't say he was going home, if by that you mean back to Turkey. He said he was staying in the NW becasue of his kids being in school here.

He didn't say he was going home, if by that you mean back to Turkey. He said he was staying in the NW becasue of his kids being in school here.

OK thanks for clearing that up. The lad who I was talking with has got it in his head that Tugay was going back to Turkey to gain his badges. I can't see what the big fuss with him going to Citeh is. If we can't offer him a job yet - atleast someone has. He needs experiance, you don't just wake up a good coach - no matter how good a player you were.

I don't undertand the issue here to be honest. Tugay was just brilliant for Rovers. He hasn't done his badges yet. Big Sam ONLY employs qualified people, i.e. people with their badges. Tugs goes to somewhere (maybe City) does his badges and comes back to the role that he had been told is waiting for him. Is that too hard to understand? The rule is there for a reason and standards have to be applied no matter who it is that people want to bend the rules for. We'd love him to be a coach at Rovers but he won't be until his badges are completed.

OK thanks for clearing that up. The lad who I was talking with has got it in his head that Tugay was going back to Turkey to gain his badges. I can't see what the big fuss with him going to Citeh is. If we can't offer him a job yet - atleast someone has. He needs experiance, you don't just wake up a good coach - no matter how good a player you were.

somebody should've told Ince that ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

As soon as Salgado came on the pitch yesterday, i said to my gf "Christ! he looks like bloody Tugay on that pitch!"

......a few seconds later i`m sure the BBE sang "Are you Tugay in disguise?"

Or did i hear wrong? :huh:

As soon as Salgado came on the pitch yesterday, i said to my gf "Christ! he looks like bloody Tugay on that pitch!"

You heard right :lol:

My Brother said the exact same thing!

When I saw him warming up on the pitch with the others at half time, I thought for a few seconds that Tugay had come back as a player coach or summit, until the clogs started turning and I figured out who it was :D

Unfortunatly I dont think his English would stretch to 'are you Tugay in disguise' lol!!

When I saw him warming up on the pitch with the others at half time, I thought for a few seconds that Tugay had come back as a player coach or summit, until the clogs started turning and I figured out who it was :D

Unfortunatly I dont think his English would stretch to 'are you Tugay in disguise' lol!!

Read in the paper today that he heard the fans singing,Are you Tugay in disguise,and it made him feel excited like a kid again. :P

Archived