BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tugay Memories

Gumboots is correct. Heck, even our last manager was unqualified for the job! Sam is trying to run a professional club; we need staff who are actually qualified for their jobs. Let Tugay take the experience he can, then return to Ewood with the experience under his belt to coach at the top level.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply
but not under that idiot Hughes!

That idiot that lead us from relegation candidates into a european spot. I'd rather he learnt from someone like him than go to a lower league club and learnt from someone like Ince. Whether you like the way he left or not Hughes is a good manager.

Guest benmaxwell

To put a positive spin at this. He is going to learn from this coaching job at a pretty damn good level. I can't see Mark Hughes leaving Man City anytime soon...

(Best case scenario) Big Sam will stay till a better offer comes in maybe 2 or 3 years, at which time Tugay will have his coaching badges... ;)

He should be doing his badges here. He wanted to, and most people at Rovers would have loved him to stay in some capacity.

Bobby Mimms (at the Hordens do) was full of praise for the work Tugay already did and had no doubt he would make a great coach.

My guess is that BFS felt threatened by Tugay's popularity both inside and outside the dressing room - and with the fans - so wanted him out of the way.

So perversely it's probably a good management decision to have shipped Tugay out.

He should be doing his badges here. He wanted to, and most people at Rovers would have loved him to stay in some capacity.

Bobby Mimms (at the Hordens do) was full of praise for the work Tugay already did and had no doubt he would make a great coach.

My guess is that BFS felt threatened by Tugay's popularity both inside and outside the dressing room - and with the fans - so wanted him out of the way.

So perversely it's probably a good management decision to have shipped Tugay out.

Spot on.

Glad he's gone City and not here.

Let's not push someone into a job just because we like him and he is a legend when there is no evidence he would be any good at it.

That's what Newcastle did a few weeks back and look what happened to them. Does anyone honestly think that had BFS or any proven Premier League manage gone in instead of Shearer they wouldn't have got the one extra point they needed.

When Hughes was here fair enough.. but since he has moved on he has just banged his own drum about HIS achievements here (not the clubs) and he messed us around all summer/ jan with the RSC situation too.

When Hughes was here fair enough.. but since he has moved on he has just banged his own drum about HIS achievements here (not the clubs) and he messed us around all summer/ jan with the RSC situation too.

From their point of view he didn't really mess us around. They tabled their offer then upped it but wouldn't pay over the odds for what they thought he was worth.

I am pretty sure its the exact scenario you mentioned Tris.

I don't know about anyone else, but the moment I read about Tugay getting that job, my heart sank!!! Its just gut wrenching seeing him go to another premier league club, when it is probably the best thing for him.

Good on him, if they pay him through his badges & get him some experience with the 'BIG PLAYERS' they either have or are soon to have at city, then it can only be good for him.

I hope that one day he comes back to manage Rovers... If he proves himself as a coach & does some good work with some youth & reserve teams then I think that it could be a seroius possibility... Here's to keeping every finger crossed for about 10 years!!! :lol:

You're probably right and he most likely felt the same way about Speed at Bolton. If you look over he chooses to pick as assistants they aren't exactly the most dominant or threatening of characters, so he seems to like to be the only cock in the hen house. He doesn't seem to like the possibility of grooming a successor. Not employing Tugay was a short-sighted move. He may well be useless, but considering the noises coming from the other players and coaches and the fact that he seems enthusiastic about it, it would surprise me if he is.

If JW is so keen on raising managers then he should have made a point of keeping Tugay. This move to City may already have put him above us...so much for "keeping a place open for him".

I don't know about anyone else, but the moment I read about Tugay getting that job, my heart sank!!! Its just gut wrenching seeing him go to another premier league club, when it is probably the best thing for him.

Good on him, if they pay him through his badges & get him some experience with the 'BIG PLAYERS' they either have or are soon to have at city, then it can only be good for him.

I hope that one day he comes back to manage Rovers... If he proves himself as a coach & does some good work with some youth & reserve teams then I think that it could be a seroius possibility... Here's to keeping every finger crossed for about 10 years!!! :lol:

Afraid I don't see him as a manager as he avoids the press when he can. But definitely as coach!

Afraid I don't see him as a manager as he avoids the press when he can. But definitely as coach!

Nowt wrong with avoiding the press, quite a few high profile managers do it these days. He plays on the fact that his english isnt very good, but I dont buy that, the one & only time I met him, his english sounded fine to me, at least as good as Phil Scolari's!!!

I dont know... I think if he comes back as a coach, at some point, he might get asked to caretaker manage, if he does it we will see.. I'm really optimistic about this one, in fact I've even dreamed it, I think!!! :lol:

A load of sentimental clap-trap on here.

Just because Tugay was a popular and special player does not mean he will be a good coach, or a good manager.

Allardyce needs to have with him those coaches he knows and trusts, and clearly Tugay does not come into that category.

Forget him.

A load of sentimental clap-trap on here.

Just because Tugay was a popular and special player does not mean he will be a good coach, or a good manager.

Allardyce needs to have with him those coaches he knows and trusts, and clearly Tugay does not come into that category.

Forget him.

I never stated that he would become a good coach or a good manager, I just hope that he will.

Fair point that Allardyce is the present & is what we should be focusing on, but I never intend on 'forgetting' about Tugay. Neither should any other Rovers supporter, I am lucky that I have seen some pretty special players play for us & feel priviliged to have enjoyed 8 years from Tugay.

'sentimental clap-trap' how about, go and tell the other god knows how many Rovers fans to 'forget' Tugay & see what response you get... Check the name of this thread 'Tugay Memories' I dont see the problem with discussing his future on here, as its been in the papers today... But I think the main Idea is to discuss 'sentimental clap-trap'!!!

Tugay to City feels a bit like having a long-term relationship end on mutual terms and then finding out a few months later she's started seeing someone else who you know is a bit of a slimebag and likes to flash his cash around in a vulgar fashion. You want to have a word with her about finding someone better but you keep telling yourself that you ended it so you've no say in the matter, let her make her own mistakes.

Not that I'm speaking from experience or owt :)

Good luck to Toogs. I hope he's a success as a coach and comes back to us one day, but I think he could easily become "our Shearer", hanging over the head of our current manager every time we have a bad run.

At the awards night, Tugay said he was going to learn at another north west club - and that the post was sorted (didn't say which one), and then when he'd got qualified there is a job waiting for him at Rovers. All parties involved believed it was for the best that he learnt his trade away from Rovers, with a fresh environment. Since then I've found out that Rovers helped set up the post with 'the other club (which turned out to be City). The only worry is that City will steal Tugay's son from our academy if he looks promising!!!

Archived