BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr Ruudy Van Nistelrooy!

People who say he's lost a yard of pace - well, duh. He is almost in his mid-30s. However, players of his pedigree (the Shearers, the Sheringhams) have fantastic instincts that make up for their athletic deterioration.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Davies at 5mill age 32, Ruud at 1.5mill age 33. A one year age difference but gazillions more goals Ruud has scored compared to Davies. With Van Nistelrooy we can enhance the reputation of the club, and other players might want to join because of the players we sign.

Ruud is a natural goalscorer, a poacher, someone always there is a chance falls in the box - something we could do with!! For 1.5m its a win, win situation if we could get performance related wages set-up with his agents

Ruud is due £6million plus in wages in the next 12 months.

I can't see him doing cuts or performance-related pay.

Not with his performance-related record.

Ruud vN. I guess it’s inevitable but sad. We’ve obviously decided we can’t compete with the United and Chelseas, so we’ve now decided we’ll go down the route that so many second rate, struggling teams take. We’ll buy big name players who have their best days behind them , we’ll pay them £ 50,000 per week ( think about it. 50,000 pounds PER WEEK ) and they’ll just do enough to win us enough games to keep us in the league. We’ll spend a lot on encouraging and training young guys to play the game and then just dump them. We’ll sacrifice quality entertainment for dour survival. Somewhere along the line something’s gone seriously wrong… Sorry to be so pessimistic on a nice Saturday morning…

Sounds too much like a Michael Owen scenario to me ...

I have to agree. I have an uneasy feeling that he may not be able to hang in the prem. But if this does go down I hope I'm wrong. I think that just maybe he may be past his prime and to bring him in as a "big name" signing just to have him go the way of RSC last season would not be good. We need a player that going to come in and make an impact. As far as I'm concerned KD and RVN came stay where they are. I just don't want to spend large amounts of money on a player that A isn't going to work out or B be hurt 2/3 of the season. I mean if we want that then we should just give Reid a pay raise.

Relies on excellent service to create chances for him and creates little for anyone else (other than non-existent penalties), so with our midfield I'm sure he'll be a smash hit. [/url]

Yes, but by bringing in ruud for such a small fee, and not bank breaking wages - we will have enough funds left over to bring in a quality midfielder if not two. Where as with keven davies, half of our budget has already gone on his fee.

Yes, but by bringing in ruud for such a small fee, and not bank breaking wages - we will have enough funds left over to bring in a quality midfielder if not two. Where as with keven davies, half of our budget has already gone on his fee.

true but it won't happen

and if that happens, I can exclusively reveal that Kaka and Messi are on the way as well.

The only way RVN will join is on big wages.

Makes me laugh how they are calling us dingles when there is actual logic behind the fact why we call Burnley the dingles, also seems to be a lot more hate coming our way than towards them.

Still, a crappy little suburb of Manchester isn't anything to bother about.

I know it is a bit off-topic but Benni's stats for last season 10 goals in 18 games is actually not bad if he had been fit and playing for the other 20 games he would the same number of goals as in his first season 24 so if you look at it that way it is not too bad considering and probably worth hanging onto anyway I think him and RVN would make an amazing partnership!

and if that happens, I can exclusively reveal that Kaka and Messi are on the way as well.

The only way RVN will join is on big wages.

Well if he wants out of real madrid and nobody else is willing to pay these massive wages. He will have too.

How much was roque on per week?

Is this what we've come down to?

Re-sale fees and whether a club will part-pay someone's wages.

shame.

this is where we`ve been at for the best part of a decade since jack`s death, have you failed to notice? the ONLY reason the likes of santa cruz and bellamy signed on was with release clauses that were more in their best interests than our clubs. it`s prudent for us to be looking at players we can sell on for a profit in 2 years time, to inable us to keep the cycle going. we will NEVER be in a posistion to build a team ala everton and spurs to slowly look at breaking the top 6, rovers is what it is. if we have success it will likely be europa league qualification or a league cup win, anything else is beyond us due to our success cycles only lasting 1 or 2 seasons before we likely have to sell stars on and start again towards building another side. that`s just the way it is for us.

our next big money sale next summer for me will be chris samba, then we will run out of significantly valuble players and will have to be on the look out for the next player/s we can build up to a standard that they bring in much needed finance in a few seasons time.

this is where we`ve been at for the best part of a decade since jack`s death, have you failed to notice? the ONLY reason the likes of santa cruz and bellamy signed on was with release clauses that were more in their best interests than our clubs. it`s prudent for us to be looking at players we can sell on for a profit in 2 years time, to inable us to keep the cycle going. we will NEVER be in a posistion to build a team ala everton and spurs to slowly look at breaking the top 6, rovers is what it is. if we have success it will likely be europa league qualification or a league cup win, anything else is beyond us due to our success cycles only lasting 1 or 2 seasons before we likely have to sell stars on and start again towards building another side. that`s just the way it is for us.

our next big money sale next summer for me will be chris samba, then we will run out of significantly valuble players and will have to be on the look out for the next player/s we can build up to a standard that they bring in much needed finance in a few seasons time.

One thing you have missed out on here, something that will happen very soon indeed, footbll cannot carry on spending money it hasnt got, some Huge clubs are goint to go to the wall, transfer fees will reduce and wages will also be reduced by a salary cap, its simply got to happen and soon!!

Hmmmmm......

QUOTE Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is also keen to sign the Dutchman, who will be 33 next Wednesday and is now fully fit following a cruciate knee ligament injury suffered last November

Thats his second cruciate injury at least. His first whilst still at PSV delayed his move to MU by a year. :huh: 2 major knee ops on a 33 year old is not good.

Hmmmmm......

QUOTE Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp is also keen to sign the Dutchman, who will be 33 next Wednesday and is now fully fit following a cruciate knee ligament injury suffered last November

Thats his second cruciate injury at least. His first whilst still at PSV delayed his move to MU by a year. :huh: 2 major knee ops on a 33 year old is not good.

That must be incorrect, he was injured in November and was fit and ready to play before April, four months would not give himenough time for recovery from a cruciate, I think six to eight months minimum!!

Hmmmmm......

PS: Redknap is getting rid of the Russian, Bent and Keane and getting a 33 year old on big wages, yeah,that figures, geat manager is Harry :lol:

Van Nistelrooy was out from November 2008 until April 2009 after a repair job on a torn meniscus.

Before that in March 2008 he had an ankle operation.

Of course he had the famous cruciate before he joined Man U.

And some would say he has also had to have work done on his hooves. ;)

Archived