BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mr Ruudy Van Nistelrooy!

Makes me laugh how they are calling us dingles when there is actual logic behind the fact why we call Burnley the dingles, also seems to be a lot more hate coming our way than towards them.

Still, a crappy little suburb of Manchester isn't anything to bother about.

Poor Bolton, never had a rival of their own, so the fans invent enemies and steal nicknames

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Van Nistelrooy was out from November 2008 until April 2009 after a repair job on a torn meniscus.

I always thought a miniscus was when you pour a drink into a glass and it kind of goes beyond full. It sort of bulges like a dome higher than the rim of the glass.

Exactly, we're got a decent goal poacher in McCarthy. We just haven't got the midfield/support forward players to make more than one or two chances a game. Horseface would have the same problem. Anyway I'm not sure Sam's ever played with an out and out goal poacher in his team. It's just a way of lifting our profile _ " Look son I could have had Van Nistleroy but I've gone for you instead".

I always thought a miniscus was when you pour a drink into a glass and it kind of goes beyond full. It sort of bulges like a dome higher than the rim of the glass.

Not wanting to be picky but water has a concave meniscus.... the edge rises higher than the middle.

One thing you have missed out on here, something that will happen very soon indeed, footbll cannot carry on spending money it hasnt got, some Huge clubs are goint to go to the wall, transfer fees will reduce and wages will also be reduced by a salary cap, its simply got to happen and soon!!

A decent article in the Times HERE about football finance , debt and wages etc including the New Labourite quote "..Debt in itself is not bad ...."

Don't expect any big clubs to go bust anytime soon .......

I believe he is the second best striker ever to play in the Premier League, behind Shearer.

I feel 2nd best goal poacher is more applicable, Henry was light years above, but you are right on teh Real Madrid part. The fact is if he wasn't injured he would have been playing as first choice striker for Real Madrid this year and if he hung around he would have still got a fair bit of game time next year.

Imagine if people had written Shearer off when he was 33.

I feel 2nd best goal poacher is more applicable, Henry was light years above, but you are right on teh Real Madrid part. The fact is if he wasn't injured he would have been playing as first choice striker for Real Madrid this year and if he hung around he would have still got a fair bit of game time next year.

Imagine if people had written Shearer off when he was 33.

Well as you said it - Shearer had one decent season when he was 33. The next two before he retired were not exactly great in terms of league goals (although I suppose you could argue that he played a Kevin Davies type role :rolleyes: )

The fact remains that you need to provide RVN with good service, something Utd and Real didn't have a problem with. I suspect he may struggle more at Rovers

[quote name='RovertheHill' date='Jun 29 2009, 07:18 ' post='781810'

The fact remains that you need to provide RVN with good service, something Utd and Real didn't have a problem with. I suspect he may struggle more at Rovers

Obviously i'm not going to disagree with that. But every striker needs service. There have been too many occasions in the past when we have had chances and not buried sides, only for them to come back and bite us on the backside. Regardless of whether we create 2 or 22 chances in any given match, i'd rather have RVN trying to convert them over anything we've currently got.

Obviously i'm not going to disagree with that. But every striker needs service. There have been too many occasions in the past when we have had chances and not buried sides, only for them to come back and bite us on the backside. Regardless of whether we create 2 or 22 chances in any given match, i'd rather have RVN trying to convert them over anything we've currently got.

Agree entirely, as long as he is fit!!

Oh no question. Roberts or RVN in a one on one is no contest. However I don't think he will be a silver bullet for us UNLESS we get a creative player or two in as well

Would be a great signing, he's still got plenty and would bag atleast as many goals as Benni/Roberts will next season.

Not bothered about sell-on value, we'll just retire him to stud.

Personally I'd pay £5m or so for RVN even considering his injuries. So if we get him for £1.5m the extra 3.5m could be counted as wages.

I'd love it if he came.

Agreed, how about a huge subsiding sign on fee to make up for the wage cut?

I'm probably completely fooling myself, but I think this has got a chance.

the signing of Van Nistelrooy will bring more people through the gates i am sure of it. Cmon sam pull of the signing of the summer

I can't believe that anyone would go to a match just to watch one player. I know they do, but i really find it very hard to understand.

Archived