BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N'zonzi Deal Agreed

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on what?

I'm not being negative but he's just been relegated from the French 2nd division, what have you seen that makes you think he's going to cut it?

I agree. he's cheap and won't get paid huge amounts but I read a fair bit of the sporting press in French and I've not seen him touted as the next big star. However, we knew next to nothing about Samba when he came and we still got a good deal so who knows?

Based on what?

I'm not being negative but he's just been relegated from the French 2nd division, what have you seen that makes you think he's going to cut it?

Not being negative but Nelsen came from the US championhip, Samba was unused in his team, etc, etc... :rolleyes:

Both were in better sides than Amiens.

Put it this way, Andrews came from a better club. Can't see Nzonzi getting booed though, thankfully.

Bit of the old Rovers new signing syndrome ADB? Lol. Not giving the guy a chance before he has even kicked a ball in anger. Give him a fair chance ADB, we will still love you hahaha

I have little expectation with this signing. He could easily become someone who bobs about in the reserves and falls off the radar. Or he could break through and become the next Vieira. Fingers crossed.

There are not many players bought from the French 2nd division up to the Premier League and there is likely to be a reason for that but Big Sam and his scouting network must have seen something in N'Zonzi that makes them think he can make it otherwise he wouldn't be here. I have confidence in Sam and feel that this could be a decent signing. Low risk and at the age of 20 this lad can make great strides forward to become a quality player for us so I don't think there is much reason to be negative about this lad. If he doesn't turn out as well as had hoped we don't lose much but if he does turn out to be the 'new Patrick Vieira' like he is billed as then we have a lot to gain.

Comparing this signing to the signing of Keith Andrews is pretty wrong. He may come from a poor league but N'Zonzi is 8 years younger and can improve a hell of a lot yet (hopefully anyway!).

Bit of the old Rovers new signing syndrome ADB? Lol. Not giving the guy a chance before he has even kicked a ball in anger. Give him a fair chance ADB, we will still love you hahaha

No no, I'm all for giving him a chance. It's just a bit conceited that Nzonzi won't be judged because he came from a crap club but Andrews was judged and even booed for it. You're making the point I was making, pretty much. :)

EDIT: Anyways this thread isn't about Keef, sorry about that.

Hope we see him in pre-season.

There are not many players bought from the French 2nd division up to the Premier League and there is likely to be a reason for that but Big Sam and his scouting network must have seen something in N'Zonzi that makes them think he can make it otherwise he wouldn't be here. I have confidence in Sam and feel that this could be a decent signing. Low risk and at the age of 20 this lad can make great strides forward to become a quality player for us so I don't think there is much reason to be negative about this lad. If he doesn't turn out as well as had hoped we don't lose much but if he does turn out to be the 'new Patrick Vieira' like he is billed as then we have a lot to gain.

Comparing this signing to the signing of Keith Andrews is pretty wrong. He may come from a poor league but N'Zonzi is 8 years younger and can improve a hell of a lot yet (hopefully anyway!).

And technically, France are way ahead of us!!

There are plenty of good players in the French second division as relegated sides get raided far less and many more players are developed at a lower level and then move up. Having said that, Nzonzi was hardly a key figure in the Amiens side, so looking at either their level or their performance is a bit irrelevant.

Both were in better sides than Amiens.

Samba was struggling to get into Hertha Berlins C team! Surely Ameins are better than that and ironically played in the same division as N'Zonzi back in 2003, although N'Zonzi wasn't around then.

Archived