BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N'zonzi Deal Agreed

The great pass from Moko was definitely in the Norwich game

It was the Southampton game. I remeber because it was one of the few games i made the trip up to Ewood for. I remeber almost wetting myself in disbelief at what i had witnessed. And i was right behind the goal in with the saints fans i'm ashamed to say.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No it wasn't bish. See the clip in Le Chuck's post, just over a minute in. If you reckon that's the Axe making the pass, I suggest you could have a long career as a referee beckoning.

I've seen that post. It's a different goal. The goal I am thinking about was shooting towards the Darwen End.

I've seen that post. It's a different goal. The goal I am thinking about was shooting towards the Darwen End.

I think Norwich have only played one season in the Premier League since Gamst has been here. Whatever goal you are thinking of can not have been scored against Norwich, it must be the Southampton one.

• Backroom

the video reminded us of how good Pederson used to be.................... appearing almost everywhere to squeeze in a goal or 2....

When was the last time he hit one that clean and hard? It used to be a regular occurance but he seems to have lost something

• Backroom

Back on topic I hope Steven plays today, it will signify quite a leap in his career, from the French lower leagues to going toe to toe with one of the worlds best CM's in a few months is really something if he can pull it off.

Was at the National Stadium supporting the Malta U 21s but secretly hoping for Steven Nzonzi to start for France.

He didnt start but came on early in the second half. He wasnt spectacular but I think its safe to say he didnt misplace a single pass. A few slicing through balls, and turning hurried situations into safe, controlled play at the heart of the French midfield.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Sam should have a word with NZonzi and tell him to be more ambitious with his passing from time to time. He is very good at retaining the ball but plays it mostly backwards or square, however when he has tried the progressive pass it has actually been very good. It just happens too rarely at the moment.

Looking at him I think he could become a decently creative player from deep if he gambled a bit more on the pass.

I think Sam should have a word with NZonzi and tell him to be more ambitious with his passing from time to time. He is very good at retaining the ball but plays it mostly backwards or square, however when he has tried the progressive pass it has actually been very good. It just happens too rarely at the moment.

Looking at him I think he could become a decently creative player from deep if he gambled a bit more on the pass.

Yeah, he's definitely one for the future who is performing now which may sound like a contradiction but I'll try and explain. Having watched his play in recent games, he is very assured and can pass it around very accurately. He has a tendancy to play it safe and to slow play right down by taking the ball into safe areas and passing it comfortably. He will learn the best time to pass it quickly into attacking danger areas and when he can take his time about his next move. He hasn't got that yet. It's working because he is accurate and generally careful. He needs to work on his pressing and learn to position himself to pick off the opposition which will come with experience but his ability is there to see now. Along side a good, hard working midfielder who can close down and can sense danger (like Savage who is underated in my mind regarding that) he'll learn well. Andrews is, unfortunately, not that player. Andrews has some of the attributes but is missing others. He's limited in what he can do but he works very hard which works in some games but not against the best.

While he has his definite limitations right now, Nzonzi is potentially one of the best midfielders we've had in blue and white.

I agree that NZonzi has started very well... especially considering our midfield!

Id like to see him play tonight, alongside Reid, with Van Herden & Hoilett on the wings.

NZonzi will go on to become a very good player for us, that was something Iv thought since Leeds in pre-season.

He is a good player and has improved game by game especially physically imposing himself much more.

I can see him being a good player for us for years to come but it wont happen, cause he will leave within 2-3 seasons at most. At least he will fetch us over 5 million pounds though :(

Archived