BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N'zonzi Deal Agreed

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just playing Devils Advocate, but -

If N'Zonzi was 28 and had been signed for a similar amount from the 3rd tier of English football rather than French, and had put in the performances he has, would he be getting the praise he is above, or the same criticism as Andrews?

If N'Zonzi was 28 and had been signed for a similar amount from the 3rd tier of English football rather than French, and had put in the performances he has, would he be getting the praise he is above, or the same criticism as Andrews?

What's the point of this question?

What's the point of this question?

Would have hoped that was fairly obvious, but I'll simplify it.

Have N'Zonzi's performances this season been as superior to Andrews as their respective feedbacks would suggest? Or have they been fairly similar, yet N'Zonzi gets cut more slack because he's younger and foreign (and not signed by Ince)?

Would have hoped that was fairly obvious, but I'll simplify it.

Have N'Zonzi's performances this season been as superior to Andrews as their respective feedbacks would suggest? Or have they been fairly similar, yet N'Zonzi gets cut more slack because he's younger and foreign (and not signed by Ince)?

Obvious, but still pointless.

Nzonzi has adapted to the PL naturally, and the qualities he already has over Andrews are bound to further improve with time.

Comparing NZonzi's 1st season to Keith Andrews 1st season - he is head and shoulders above him (literally) and has been far better than him this season.

Keith Andrews also cost more cash than him! :rock:

Obvious, but still pointless.

Nzonzi has adapted to the PL naturally, and the qualities he already has over Andrews are bound to further improve with time.

If you think the question is pointless perhaps try not replying to it (twice)?

Comparing NZonzi's 1st season to Keith Andrews 1st season - he is head and shoulders above him (literally) and has been far better than him this season.

Keith Andrews also cost more cash than him! :rock:

I'd agree with you that N'Zonzi has been better - but I don't think it's by very much. Certainly, the differences between their performances and the differences between their standing with the support are not relative.

NZonzi showed the spirit of Blackburn Rovers, bit of blood - bandage it up and get back out there.

Keith Andrews would of gone home and sulked!

Next difference is that NZonzi actually puts his foot in, instead of just chasing shadows.

NZonzi showed the spirit of Blackburn Rovers, bit of blood - bandage it up and get back out there.

Next difference is that NZonzi actually puts his foot in, instead of just chasing shadows.

Nzonzi's positional sense is also vastly superior to Andrews - especially for his age.

Not sure there's much evidence of that in Andrews game?

To be fair I thought Nzonzi started the game a little shakey and gave the ball away on a couple of occassions. Apart from that he had a very good game, he doesn't over-complicate things he gets the ball and looks for the pass straight away. I'd like to see him try and carry the ball forwards at times when there's space infront of him. But his swift passing does help us get the ball forward a lot quicker.

Onto the Andrews comparison I've said previously that they are similiar sort of players. Neither are the sort of players that are going to dive in with tackles in midfield areas they both prefer to hold a position and try to intercept passes. The difference comes in the fact that Nzonzi has a much bigger physical presence, which enables to compete much better. I'd also say Nzonzi really does have exceptational positional sense for someone so young, he also has a good reading of the game and this is shown through some good interceptions. In addition Nzonzi looks elegant and comfortable with the ball at his feet whereas Andrews can look clumsy and he runs like a girl. To conclude Nzonzi is the superior player in my opinion but the quality gap between him and Andrews isn't as big as some people seem to think.

For me Nzonzi's the real deal. When I saw he was playing in the opening game v City I said " Steve Who " ! After 90 minutes I could see the lad had something. For one thing he seems to have an old head on young shoulders, his positional play is good, and he knows when to stick and when to twist on the ball. He's got good athleticism and obviously he's a big item physically. If he doesn't outgrow his strength he should become a top player. Our big problem will be holding on to the guy.

To conclude Nzonzi is the superior player in my opinion but the quality gap between him and Andrews isn't as big as some people seem to think.

In my opinion Grizfoot, the gap is huge. Nzonzi's passing for starters, is far superior to Andrews'.

Surely the point is that N'Zonzi is NOT 28 but young and therefore has a lot to learn but time to learn it. He has already improved as he's got used to the Premiership and now needs to get his head up a bit more and sometimes see the longer pass that will open up the game. I'm not an Andrews basher like some on here but clearly with his being the age he is we're not going to see improvement in him. What he is now is what he's going to be. Since most of us feel he's at best a squad player, we should expect nothing more of him whereas NZonzi has been signed for his potential and is going a fair way to fulfilling it.

Archived