BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N'zonzi Deal Agreed

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If only Grella could run.

If only Grella could stay fit you mean. Not the box to box player that we need but would take a heck of a lot of the pressure off N'Zonzi. I'm sure not having to be relied upon quite so much would do wonders for the lad's progress, not to mention having an intelligent footballer to learn off.

N'Zonzi is instantly replaceable. He hasn't played his way into the team- its more a sign of the dirth of quality we have in midfield that he has played so much. Just two or three years ago he'd have been alongside DeVita, Peter and Treacy in the reserves.

Codswallop to be honest, but that is just my opinion and we all know about opinions don't we.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

Congratulations on player of the season to N'Zonzi, well deserved.

Stepping up from the lower French leagues to the Premiership in one go is no easy feat.

i think he will only get better and better. yes he is raw, but he is great in the air, wins a lot of second ball, really strong at holding players away from the ball, safe passer of the ball, even though he often passes the ball backwards. that's just his role in the team. actually, in his last few games he showed som great passing forward as well, and a great run were he passed a few guys on the wing. i'm positive he will be even better next year!

Nzonzi has done really well. He has been picked everytime when fit. It´s no surprise to hear team like Arsenal keeping eye on him. I don´t want to sell but unlike Jones´case I would be open for offers. How much better can this guy perform? We thought Gamst will be much better and no one would have liked selling him even for rumoured £7M. Sorry if remember the figure wrong but there was talks that Spurs were willing to pay something like that for MGP. It´s gonna be a tough decision if Arsene comes with check book.

Sam has already publicly stated that good offers for any of our player will be accepted by BRFC. Sam then has to find a suitable replacement.

actually he said they would have to be offers that made his eyes water. I don't think most teams will have that kind of money. Arsenal do but wenger doesn't like spending, and other clubs will find it if they have to, but not most

Nzonzi has done really well. He has been picked everytime when fit. It´s no surprise to hear team like Arsenal keeping eye on him. I don´t want to sell but unlike Jones´case I would be open for offers. How much better can this guy perform? We thought Gamst will be much better and no one would have liked selling him even for rumoured £7M. Sorry if remember the figure wrong but there was talks that Spurs were willing to pay something like that for MGP. It´s gonna be a tough decision if Arsene comes with check book.

I don't think we've ever received a solid offer anywhere near £7m for MGP. If we had he'd have gone without a doubt.

I can't see Fonzi leaving, I think he's enjoying playing week in week out too much to go somewhere and be nurtured.

I don't think we've ever received a solid offer anywhere near £7m for MGP. If we had he'd have gone without a doubt.

I can't see Fonzi leaving, I think he's enjoying playing week in week out too much to go somewhere and be nurtured.

I 'm pretty sure Spurs would have spent quite a lot more than that on him in the summer of 2006, but we fought them off. They were very keen at the time. However if we had sold him everyone on here would have been slitting their wristis in the same way that occured after Bentley left in 2008. He was considered our exceptional prospect at that time and to be fair had a much better season than our current new hopes (Olsson, NZonzi, Hoilett, Kalinic....). Everybody was very excited about him. How things have changed... ha.

It would have ben much the same if Bentley and Cruz has stayed imo.

Worth pointing out that I've heard he has a 30% sell on fee to Amiens for any profit we make on him so that's got to up his price tag a bit.

Why oh why did we give him the Player of the Season award though, you'd think we'd learn! Should have gave it to Franco, he's off anyway!

• Backroom

I think it's quite fair to be honest, if a smallsh club has nurtured him to an age where he can move to a bigger league and progress why should they be content with the small fee they got and not want more if he goes all the way to the top. It's clauses like these that help out clubs in lower leagues.

Having said that I do think 30% is a lot

Can't believe we gave his previous club a 30% sell on fee for any profit we make. That's ridiculous!

Gotta agree here - for a player like Bentley maybe - but playing in the French lower leagues it seems a little daft - especially as his fee wasn't exactly huge. We can only hope this is only a rumour.

Archived