BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] N'zonzi Deal Agreed

NZonzi showed the spirit of Blackburn Rovers, bit of blood - bandage it up and get back out there.

And that ladies and gents is why we won. A slight knock to a Chelsea player and his heart isn't in it anymore.

We showed zeal and gusto.

Chelsea may have been down to 10 men, but we beat them with our kids.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my opinion Grizfoot, the gap is huge. Nzonzi's passing for starters, is far superior to Andrews'.

And based on what we have seen so far - the gap will just get wider and wider as NZonzi improves.

Andrews is our weakest midfield player - simple as!

I wouldn't disagree with that he's undoubtley the best central midfeild we have, interesting to note he's arguably played best when he's been the only central midfielder on the park as was the case last night.

Just playing Devils Advocate, but -

If N'Zonzi was 28 and had been signed for a similar amount from the 3rd tier of English football rather than French, and had put in the performances he has, would he be getting the praise he is above, or the same criticism as Andrews?

Have N'Zonzi's performances this season been as superior to Andrews as their respective feedbacks would suggest? Or have they been fairly similar, yet N'Zonzi gets cut more slack because he's younger and foreign (and not signed by Ince)?

I'd agree with you that N'Zonzi has been better - but I don't think it's by very much. Certainly, the differences between their performances and the differences between their standing with the support are not relative.

:lol::lol::lol: Did you attend today? If so Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ha ha

Andrews doesn't look like a PL footballer- his decision making, his passing and tackling and football brain are simply not at that level. He tries incredibly hard and clearly brings something to the football pitch or else, as has been repeatedly been explained, Sam and Trap would not be picking him (out of desperation).

Nzonzi on the other hand is the most promising young midfielder we have seen at Ewood since the emergence of Dunn almost a decade ago. In fact I'd go as far as to say "the new Viera" is not hype but increasingly looking like it will be reality.

That is a totally mendacious devil you are advocating for there T4E and you know it!

Andrews doesn't look like a PL footballer- his decision making, his passing and tackling and football brain are simply not at that level. He tries incredibly hard and clearly brings something to the football pitch or else, as has been repeatedly been explained, Sam and Trap would not be picking him (out of desperation).

Nzonzi on the other hand is the most promising young midfielder we have seen at Ewood since the emergence of Dunn almost a decade ago. In fact I'd go as far as to say "the new Viera" is not hype but increasingly looking like it will be reality.

That is a totally mendacious devil you are advocating for there T4E and you know it!

I`m glad it`s not just me who thought this,both in how he plays and lanky appearance! once he gets a bit more confidence and starts to realise how good he can be,he will start dictating games.

He is rapidly going to start catching the eyes of the big boys.

He will of come in on small terms so in a few more months if he is still progressing at this rapid rate then we need to tie him to a 5 year contract on improved terms, just to give us some serious security.

Outside chance of breaking into the France world cup squad if he continues his progress???

Don't say things like that Hughesy, the last thing we need is N'zonzi breaking into the France squad, as we all know that means the rest of their midfield will get injured, and he'll step in and single handed lead them to World Cup glory, which will almost certainly see him sign for Spurs.

Don't say things like that Hughesy, the last thing we need is N'zonzi breaking into the France squad, as we all know that means the rest of their midfield will get injured, and he'll step in and single handed lead them to World Cup glory, which will almost certainly see him sign for Spurs.

:lol::lol:

Yet another brilliant game from Stephen yesterday, looked good getting forward a bit more with Grella sitting deeper. Superb ball through for Di Santo who should've at least got a shot in. He is total class. Anyone still mentioning him in the same breath as Andrews is having a laugh.

Was funny too when he told Mascherano to be quiet!

I think he should keep the white headband, it can be his trademark look.

Yet another brilliant game from Stephen yesterday, looked good getting forward a bit more with Grella sitting deeper. Superb ball through for Di Santo who should've at least got a shot in. He is total class. Anyone still mentioning him in the same breath as Andrews is having a laugh.

Was funny too when he told Mascherano to be quiet!

I think he should keep the white headband, it can be his trademark look.

steVen ;)

• Backroom

2009 Blackburn Rovers sign French starlet NZonzi for £600,000 - labelled the New Viera, he makes an immediate impact in the central midfield zone for Rovers.

2012 Blackburn Rovers sell French susperstar NZonzi for world record sum of £90m to Real Madrid !

2009 prediction appears to be coming true :P if he continues to improve at this rate I doubt we'll keep him til 2012 though.

Im talking more about comments like this one

"I'd agree with you that N'Zonzi has been better - but I don't think it's by very much. Certainly, the differences between their performances and the differences between their standing with the support are not relative."

My personal opinion is that he's better than Andrews currently, and by the time he's Andrews age he'll be 10 times the player.

I was just wondering if maybe we are slightly imbalanced in our views of them both this season, due to age and where they've come from, rather than basing it solely on performances.

Either way I'm glad we've got the kid, we'll make big money off him one day.

Archived