BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Nicko.

Bloomin' "Carlo" and "Franco"! I remember when I knew every player we bought. Proper football then.

The only doubt in my mind is that Franco might not fancy Sam's hoofball. Probably doesn't fit in with the sexy football that Chelsea play - and he wants to associate himself with.

It's called old age Den. Just wait until you get to the stage where you get up from your chair to go and get something, then halfway there you stop and ask yourself "what was I going for?" :lol:

Really???

that diet of his must be working a treat, he used to stand out a mile. :lol::lol:

You had me wondering if I saw things, I just watched it on Roversworld again and he's sat down near the back. About half way though the video.

:huh:

How about the fact that Allardyce has instilled this embarassing approach at literally EVERY SINGLE CLUB he has ever managed? And how about last season? And now the desperate search for a 6-foot-plus "target man"?

Honestly Nicko, for someone who clearly appreciates footballing teams, I'm flabbergasted at your mere attempt to defend Allardyce's methods. Do you enjoy watching Stoke as well?

You've hidden it very well but I think I've worked you out. You don't like Allardyce and you do like Pogrebnyak

That's that sorted, maybe you can post about something else now?

You've hidden it very well but I think I've worked you out. You don't like Allardyce and you do like Pogrebnyak

Unfortunately it seems that those of us who aren't keen on the sort of football that Sam Allardyce's teams produce get shouted down on here for saying so.

How about the fact that Allardyce has instilled this embarassing approach at literally EVERY SINGLE CLUB he has ever managed? And how about last season? And now the desperate search for a 6-foot-plus "target man"?

Honestly Nicko, for someone who clearly appreciates footballing teams, I'm flabbergasted at your mere attempt to defend Allardyce's methods. Do you enjoy watching Stoke as well?

Pick up the record books, have a look at West Brom season 2008/9 - it shows them to have been relegated!!

Have a look at Rovers record forthe same season up to early December - it shows them in a poor situation!!

In both those records, I am afraid I can find no reference to the style of play, pretty football etc.

A manager is paid to get results, its a results business, let me point out the last club who's fans insisted upon pretty flowing football, winning matches and scoring loads of goals!! forever changing managers to find the formula????

Gentlemen I give you, Newcastle United!!

No manager, cant sell the club, losing millions every month and in danger of dropping another league if they are not careful!!

Unfortunately it seems that those of us who aren't keen on the sort of football that Sam Allardyce's teams produce get shouted down on here for saying so.

Not at all. If and when it happens this coming season you have as much right to vent your spleen as I have to point out that doing it in every single post can be irritating (not that I necessarily think that applies to you)

Heh, fat chance of that happening. Could you ever see vinjay post about something other than the trust betraying the fans, Jack Walker, the staff and the players? Jan not going off on a rant whenever Souness or Rangers are mentioned? waggy posting without the stupid smileys? etc etc. Some people will essentially post the same thing over and over for years, not much chance of changing that. Others don't have a specific issue, but rather a very constant point of view. I.e if there's even the slightest chance of something having a negative outcome, or if one of two thousand different ways to intepret a quote is negative, then you just know some people will announce that they saw four blokes on horses the other day (Hi Rev!). You'll also have those putting a positive spin on a 30% loss in revenue or a 1-6 loss at home to Burnley.

People change, posters on BRFCS don't ;)

Don't let the b******s grind you down :lol:

This is a genuine question.

Did we play hoofball in the last 20 games of last season?

I hated the "we cannot win these" abject capitulations against the Big 4 and Sam got the Stoke game horribly wrong but we were not playing hoofball even in those games.

Are the actual players we have signed hoofballers?

Do Givet and Jacobsen lash it up field? Are Elrio, Nzonzi and Hoilett agricultural toilers? Was the ill-fated Khamel 6ft 7ins and built like the proverbial outhouse?

In short Spency and Spoon what evidence do you have that Rovers are playing crud football under Sam? I think that so far as Sam's football at Rovers is concerned, you will find at the moment that it is a load of prejudice and precious little evidence to support your positions.

ROVERS...want the player on loan...no-brain deal...possible and maybe even probable starter...right good player for nothing but wages.

CHELSEA...love the kid to bits but know he won't play for them and seem to be behaving very well after saying Rovers could have him if Carlo felt that it was the best move.

DI SANTO...promising striker with a reason to look forward to regular Prem action rather than the delights of the ressies...agent works for Chelsea, so will want to keep onside and do what he is told.

There are alot of very good players that nobody knew about until they got the chance. We need to let this kid have a chance and we need to be patient. I know that this is hard to do with last season still fresh in the mind. But, i think Di Santo is going to do well if given full opportunity.

And the price is easy to accept.

I DETEST "sam's style" but it saved us and it gets results. Sure, pass and move is better, but a scrappy 1-0 win will always entertain me more than a nice 3-2 loss. And who's to say we're going down with a method that kept us up? Better yet, who's to say that we will play hoofball at all this year? as i said to spence: Change can happen.

There are alot of very good players that nobody knew about until they got the chance. We need to let this kid have a chance and we need to be patient. I know that this is hard to do with last season still fresh in the mind. But, i think Di Santo is going to do well if given full opportunity.

And the price is easy to accept.

I retract my previous post until a deal is finalized. :rolleyes:

In short Spency and Spoon what evidence do you have that Rovers are playing crud football under Sam? I think that so far as Sam's football at Rovers is concerned, you will find at the moment that it is a load of prejudice and precious little evidence to support your positions.

This isn't the place to debate this point, but the football we played, despite keeping us up, was absolutely terrible to watch, even worse than some of the stuff Hughes served up.

How you can say "it is a load of prejudice and precious little evidence to support your positions" is beyond me. These people sat on the terraces, as I did, and witnessed just how terrible the football was.

If that’s not enough evidence I don’t know what is.

I have been at both the first team and reserve team matches this week.

Both sides used a 4-4-2 system and tried to play football.

Got to say, I don't know if you were at either, but sometimes it pays to do a wee bit of research and see what is going on.

Bear in mind that Di Santo would probably only be able to play in a 4-4-2 system and Rovers are actively chasing another striker.

Sam had to play a certain way last season to survive. Perhaps he realises that he needs to be more expansive. Perhaps he has been advised to...

And that was a hugely interesting contribution you just made. Thanks.

I find this board fascinating. The vast number of people who seem hellbent on ignoring all the evidence, facts and past history surrounding Sam Allardyce to somehow believe we'll play anything like actual football next season is astounding. If you are one of the blinkered minions who must desperately believe that "change can happen", then I'm afraid you're in for a crushing disappointment.

philipl - We were completely and utterly unwatchable under Allardyce last season, it was dross of the highest order. And (apart from Newcastle, of course) we very quickly became the laughing stock of the Premier League, resorting to playing a centre back up front while strikers warmed the bench. If you'd be happy to watch more of the same again week-in-week-out for the next few seasons, then you'll forgive me if I don't join you.

We have to demand better.

nicko

I have read that dean ashton is on his way out of west ham, is this true and how much will he cost

This is a very strange one. The guy isn't fit and clearly won't be. He has a history of being unfit.

West Ham would love to sell him for a fortune but he won't be fit enough to do that in this window.

Maybe Stoke City are daft enough to try.

Good luck to them if they do. They will need it.

And that was a hugely interesting contribution you just made. Thanks.

I find this board fascinating. The vast number of people who seem hellbent on ignoring all the evidence, facts and past history surrounding Sam Allardyce to somehow believe we'll play anything like actual football next season is astounding. If you are one of the blinkered minions who must desperately believe that "change can happen", then I'm afraid you're in for a crushing disappointment.

philipl - We were completely and utterly unwatchable under Allardyce last season, it was dross of the highest order. And (apart from Newcastle, of course) we very quickly became the laughing stock of the Premier League, resorting to playing a centre back up front while strikers warmed the bench. If you'd be happy to watch more of the same again week-in-week-out for the next few seasons, then you'll forgive me if I don't join you.

We have to demand better.

:lol:

We were a laughing stock for the first 17 games. We were far from a laughing stock after that. If that's what you choose to believe then so be it. Probably best just to leave you to it

Archived