BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ive not always agreed with Gords comments, but half of what he says is spot on. I dont think telling somebody to go and support somebody else, just because he has a different opinion is right. However we have already had endless irritation with Waggy previously, and now Spencey moaning all the time. Its okay to have an opinion about something, but not to repeat yourself over and over about the same thing. Now when are we signing Luca Toni? ;)

Yet that is exactly what he did when Ince was in charge. It'[s difficult to retain any credibility when you are having a go at people for exactly the same thing as you did yourself. Other than that I agree with the point that having an opinion is fine by all means, but continually repeating the same one is incredibly annoying.

Completely..... and I think I am speaking for the vast majority here spencey.

As if you didn't know but won't recognise, SA emulated Hughes's first season by keeping us up from a desperate position (and with a shed load of bad luck initially) with someone else's under performing and greatly demoralised team ffs! If that is ugly football then I'm sure that the people of Middlesborough, Newcastle and West Bromwich would have happily put up with it. Instead of premature criticism let the sacles fall from your eyes and give him time to see what he can do with his own selection of players.

In the meantime most would prefer that you do as you promised and go away in short jerky movements. Oh and don't let the door slam behind you Spencey.

Very good now go and take your crumby £200 and use it all to buy a HALF season ticket anywhere else local.

Well done Gordon - agree with you here. The football last season was a means to en end after the position that Ince had left us in, can`t understand why people can`t get their heads round it - Championship or Premiership, its a no brainer really.

Sam is very much in to his science and tactics, and as someone else has stated way back on the thread, Sam will play to the weaknesses of the opposition, if that dictates long ball, or long throws, or direct play, then so be it, and if it leads to 3 points, excellent, well done SAm, pat on the back from me.

If we pass the ball around and get 3 points, brilliant, even better ! Lets see how he sets the team up, and how we play before chaatising the way we play football for the upcoming season before it has even started ffs.

Yet that is exactly what he did when Ince was in charge. It'[s difficult to retain any credibility when you are having a go at people for exactly the same thing as you did yourself. Other than that I agree with the point that having an opinion is fine by all means, but continually repeating the same one is incredibly annoying.

No, it's different. Theno was spot on about Ince, as history has proved. The people giving stick to Allardyce don't have a leg to stand on.

I know it's only 'tripe'alfootball.com but this story contains a quote from Di Santo who seems to be happy with a loan move, contrary to what a 'visitor' was claiming earlier:

http://www.tribalfootball.com/chelseas-di-...urn-move-260181

Like most, I haven't seen much of Di Santo but he does seem highly thought of at chelsea and his set up for the second chelsea goal the other night looked like he's got more to him than simply target man attributes.

Regarding the 'biggie', I'm not panicking as yet, it would have been nice to have all signings installed in time to gel with the team before the start of the campaign but it looks like that isn't going to happen. I'm still confident sam will pull a rabbit out of a hat, he has cash to spend and the closer we get to window closure we'll hopefully see the price tag on his targets come down.

The glass is half full.

Well done Gordon - agree with you here. The football last season was a means to en end after the position that Ince had left us in, can`t understand why people can`t get their heads round it - Championship or Premiership, its a no brainer really.

Sam is very much in to his science and tactics, and as someone else has stated way back on the thread, Sam will play to the weaknesses of the opposition, if that dictates long ball, or long throws, or direct play, then so be it, and if it leads to 3 points, excellent, well done SAm, pat on the back from me.

If we pass the ball around and get 3 points, brilliant, even better ! Lets see how he sets the team up, and how we play before chaatising the way we play football for the upcoming season before it has even started ffs.

Beautiful words. They bring a tear to my eye. At least some people have their heads screwed on here!! (Unfortunately I hated your TV show ;))

No, it's different. Theno was spot on about Ince, as history has proved. The people giving stick to Allardyce don't have a leg to stand on.

That is incorrect. Theno was correct in hindsight. Looking at Sam's past, spencey and Gav have concerns that are based on fact. The only thing that is an assumption is that we "won't" be playing hoofball. At the moment I wouldn't say that is unlikely. I hope it is though.

And that was a hugely interesting contribution you just made. Thanks.

I find this board fascinating. The vast number of people who seem hellbent on ignoring all the evidence, facts and past history surrounding Sam Allardyce to somehow believe we'll play anything like actual football next season is astounding. If you are one of the blinkered minions who must desperately believe that "change can happen", then I'm afraid you're in for a crushing disappointment.

philipl - We were completely and utterly unwatchable under Allardyce last season, it was dross of the highest order. And (apart from Newcastle, of course) we very quickly became the laughing stock of the Premier League, resorting to playing a centre back up front while strikers warmed the bench. If you'd be happy to watch more of the same again week-in-week-out for the next few seasons, then you'll forgive me if I don't join you.

We have to demand better.

What this has to do with the transfer topic beats me... New season, new opportunities. Judging before you see any evidence of THIS SEASON (not last!) is just slightly premature... ;) Anyway, back to the transfer topic... Here's hoping Di Santo arrives today and a decent striker (I'm not expecting the saviour of football to arrive btw) very soon afterwards...

That is incorrect. Theno was correct in hindsight. Looking at Sam's past, spencey and Gav have concerns that are based on fact. The only thing that is an assumption is that we "won't" be playing hoofball. At the moment I wouldn't say that is unlikely. I hope it is though.

But Sam has done a great job with us so far, we were certain to get relegated with Ince in charge. If we are playing terrible football halfway through the coming season then moan at Allardyce. Once thing is sure though, we won't be as bad as we were under Ince, will we?

Why don't we just let him get on with it. If we play poor football next season there will be plenty of time to criticise it, but why not give him a chance first.

To be honest our signings and the way we have been set up for the friendlies hardly point towards us hoofing it. Why not wait a couple of weeks and see how we play against Citeh.

Not quite Bucky - to be fair to Theno (and he may not be everybody's cup of tea) he stood on his crate from the beginning of Ince's tenure if not before and stuck to his guns and was proven correct

Ive not always agreed with Gords comments, but half of what he says is spot on. I dont think telling somebody to go and support somebody else, just because he has a different opinion is right. However we have already had endless irritation with Waggy previously, and now Spencey moaning all the time. Its okay to have an opinion about something, but not to repeat yourself over and over about the same thing. Now when are we signing Luca Toni? ;)

Indeed Iceman........... And when are we publically executing Paul Ince? :lol:

btw what about the other half?

Not quite Bucky - to be fair to Theno (and he may not be everybody's cup of tea) he stood on his crate from the beginning of Ince's tenure if not before and stuck to his guns and was proven correct

Which is exactly what spencey is doing (and is being criticised for doing it)

I rest my case.

A further point, theno's opinion on Paul Ince was based on his character as a player. spenceys opinion on Allardyce is based on his style of football at Bolton, Newcastle and last season with us. So his argument probably has more weight to it than theno's at this time last year (even if he was subsequently proven correct).

I would be very concerned if I was preparing for a new season with a 442 formation, using the wide men, playing with pace

and then reverting in games to 'hoofball' as you call it!!

I can tell you from experience, pre season prepares teams not only in fitness but in formation and the games to date have definately shown a consistant trend in so much as the long ball is being used sparingly.

The signings also seem to substantiate this but of course the Biggie signing could change all that, my feeling is that this season, we will use two systems as a plan A and B and choose each game accordingly.

Last year, due to personell and lack of pace, we had little option than to keep a tight line at the back and go long!!

We will see who is correct, fact is something which happens, the only fact is previously Sam has played the long ball game, it is an assumption he will do that this coming season, it is therefore not a fact!!

It is not a fact, but it is based on his previous three jobs. Therefore if you were asked to give an educated guess, you would assume it would continue.

I am not anti-Allardyce, I like what he says and his general attitude.

Just so I am not misrepresented. I do not think we will play "hoofball", I just think it is wrong to have a go at spencey and Gav for raising the point. It is a valid concern based on historical evidence.

Di Santo to have talks with Ancelotti today after Chelsea accepted the loan move.

Di Santo expected to decide today

Also - WE HAVE made a bid for an un-named striker yesterday afternoon, any ideas nicko?

Article here

I take it this is from the local paper...the first two bits sound awfully familiar.

The 'bid' is surely for Poggy. Put in a low but sensible offer and see whether the Russians really want £9 million or will take much less.

Got to say I haven't heard of anyone else bidding for the fella.

Of course the 'bid' story from the club could just be a line to get all of the other selling clubs - Valencia, Real Madrid, Bordeaux and Benfica to name a few - sitting up and taking notice.

It happens.

Wrong. Your memory is seriously flawed Bucky. I was against Ince from the off, in fact as soon as he was mentioned to be in the frame never mind appointed. Everything I warned about was accurate.

But the truth is it was obvious imo. What suprised me was the number ands quality of people whose perceptions got blinded by baseless optimism and collective eupohoria. I really do find that a very weird phenomenon. It's not as if he is a demagogue is it for goodness sake? His press conference performance alone proved that.

It is not a fact, but it is based on his previous three jobs. Therefore if you were asked to give an educated guess, you would assume it would continue.

I am not anti-Allardyce, I like what he says and his general attitude. I just don't appreciate people making him into something he is not.

Get over it Bucky..... they certainly did with Ince.

Wrong. Your memory is seriously flawed Bucky. I was against Ince from the off, in fact as soon as he was mentioned to be in the frame never mind appointed. Everything I warned about was accurate.

But the truth is it was obvious imo. What suprised me was the number ands quality of people whose perceptions got blinded by baseless optimism and collective eupohoria. I really do find that a very weird phenomenon. It's not as if he is a demagogue is it for goodness sake? His press conference performance alone proved that.

What I meant is that, you could only have been proven correct with hindsight. You had only based your assumptions on what you thought of him as a player and your opinion of his IQ. You just didn't like him. Spency and Gav are basing their opinions on Sam's performance in his three previous jobs.

The reasons we were blinded by Ince was his impressive lower league managerial record and because the alternative was Sam's hoofball. Luckily for us, we appointed Ince so that when Allardyce eventually came in he had most of the fans (waggy excepted) behind him. I just hope that "collective euphoria" doesn't wear off and we become Bolton mk2. (I don't think that will happen)

I take it this is from the local paper...the first two bits sound awfully familiar.

The 'bid' is surely for Poggy. Put in a low but sensible offer and see whether the Russians really want £9 million or will take much less.

Got to say I haven't heard of anyone else bidding for the fella.

Of course the 'bid' story from the club could just be a line to get all of the other selling clubs - Valencia, Real Madrid, Bordeaux and Benfica to name a few - sitting up and taking notice.

It happens.

Have Rovers gone international with this bid story? Not fully knowing how the media works, I cannot see the above mentioned clubs reading the LET - just a thought.

Have Rovers gone international with this bid story? Not fully knowing how the media works, I cannot see the above mentioned clubs reading the LET - just a thought.

Surely the tribalfootball's have copied the story by evening making it international.

The main concern was that Sams past was about long ball. He had to use that tactic to keep us up, after a mess by Ince to try and play proper football. We dont have the players to entertain, with silky football, rather a hard working bunch who along with Sam saved us from becoming the laughing stock. Had it not been for Allardyce, we would be down with Newcastle staying up.

Archived