BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same nationality, same age, same position, free agent.. what more do you want? Same name?

De Pedro is the closest thing we've signed to Garcia. And that didn't go well. I'm not saying it would end up in tears with Garcia too: just trying to bring these "only 31, Spain International, free - must be better than anyone we have" -posts an alternative.

ok so all because they're both spanish, same age, same agent and same position obviously means they're just the same player. I'm the same age as Chris Sutton, were both English and both played centre forward. Does that make us the same?

ok so all because they're both spanish, same age, same agent and same position obviously means they're just the same player. I'm the same age as Chris Sutton, were both English and both played centre forward. Does that make us the same?

Yes.

From what i remember of Luis Garcia at Liverpool, he was a very greedy player. Was only interested in what would make him look good & not the team, this stood out most of all in the Champions league final!!

Now, that usually comes down to the manager & i cannot see Sam allowing this! We are a club that is based on hard work & effort, this is not the club for Luis Garcia & Luis Garcia is not the player for us!!

Just had a text from a woman I work with (who is german and is currently there) and she says that word is there that we are interested in Rob Friend, a 28year old, Canadian forward, 6ft 4" according to wiki, she isn't happy that we might be nicking him from them.

Fits the bill of the target man we are after, nickname is The Canadian Tower.

Maybe, when he played for Chelsea!!

Just had a text from a woman I work with (who is german and is currently there) and she says that word is there that we are interested in Rob Friend, a 28year old, Canadian forward, 6ft 4" according to wiki, she isn't happy that we might be nicking him from them.

Great player for his club but never reproduced the same form for the Canadian National Team...good target man though...would be weird to have two Canadians at Rovers!

Great player for his club but never reproduced the same form for the Canadian National Team...good target man though...would be weird to have two Canadians at Rovers!

In your view, required quality to play in the Premiership?

In your view, required quality to play in the Premiership?

I wouldn't see him as a Roque replacement but I think the quality is there...he would definately bring a different look to the striking corps. If I had to make a comparison with a current PL striker, I would suggest a faster. better version of Kevin Davies.

I wouldn't see him as a Roque replacement but I think the quality is there...he would definately bring a different look to the striking corps. If I had to make a comparison with a current PL striker, I would suggest a faster. better version of Kevin Davies.

If we are seriously looking at Rob Friend I will be very worried. The guy played many years in the norwegian first and second division and didn't set the world alight. Far from it! He even struggled in the norwegian second division were he played a couple of seasons for my local team Moss FK.

He played in the Champions League final for LIVERPOOL!! He played for BARCELONA!! That is la creme de la creme!!

John Aston won the European cup with Manchester United - putting in a man of the match performance that day. He was absolute pants for rovers.

Want to try again?

John Aston won the European cup with Manchester United - putting in a man of the match performance that day. He was absolute pants for rovers.

Want to try again?

You've stumped me (twice happened to me in one day - UNACCEPTABLE lol). I may be proving ur point here but who the hell is that???

You've stumped me (twice happened to me in one day - UNACCEPTABLE lol). I may be proving ur point here but who the hell is that???

:D

Left winger who won the Europen cup with Man Utd. Moved to Rovers in the 70? - anyone?

If we are seriously looking at Rob Friend I will be very worried. The guy played many years in the norwegian first and second division and didn't set the world alight. Far from it! He even struggled in the norwegian second division were he played a couple of seasons for my local team Moss FK.

I always thought he stood out when playing for Molde FK in Tippeligaen (Norwegian Premier League). Tall, good header...typical Sam player but not someone to replace Roque imo.

Luis Garcia is negotiating with Blackburn Rovers

The future of Luis Garcia is about to be clarified. After only a few weeks training near his home in Badalona, while his agent was looking for him, football is about to return to the Premier League. Several teams of England, where he still retains a good sign, have become interested in the services of the player. Most likely is coming from inside the team Blackburn Rovers, who already have advanced negotiations to join the workforce.

Before starting the preseason Atletico told the player who did not join the rest of the staff, and authorized him to find equipment without paying any transfer. Atletico are satisfied with ballast remove the ailing club's cash and not have to pay the tab for Luis Garcia, one of the highest in the template. His second period as rojiblanco completed after two years in which not provided performance exhibited in Liverpool and in his previous stint at the bank of the Manzanares

Luis Garcia negosioso con Blackburn

I would be very happy with Luis Garcia on a free.

Will be a very good striker along Di Santo I think.

Tras unas semanas entrenando sólo cerca de su domicilio, en Badalona, mientras su agente le buscaba destino, el futbolista está cerca de regresar a la Premier League. Varios equipos de Inglaterra, donde todavía conserva un buen cartel, se han interesado por hacerse con los servicios del jugador

-- he's been home training on his own as Atleti doesn't want to pay his crazy wages and he's been peddling himself to English clubs as he left a decent

image of himself [w/ the ladies???]

And this comment kills me: Bueno luisito hijo, un placer haberte conocido, bueno viaje y no te molestes en volver

(ok, Louie son, a pleasure to know you, bon voyage and don't bother coming back)

Don't do it Sam!!!!!!!

Left winger who won the Europen cup with Man Utd. Moved to Rovers in the 70? - anyone?

Yep, came via Luton Town, had a fight with Kevin Hird in front of the Riverside stand, funny thing here is Hirdy tells me Aston was one of his idols as a young lad :lol:

He played in the Champions League final for LIVERPOOL!! He played for BARCELONA!! That is la creme de la creme!! He would be a very good signing for us, on a free, wanting to prove a point at 31 AND he's better than ANY of our current midfielders.....nah, don't get him :rolleyes:

So after winning the CL and playing for Barcelona he has a point to prove for us? That doesn't make sense...

I don't rate the guy, but on a free there's not much risk involved in signing him. We need certain starters though, both upfront and in midfield - I'm not so sure Luis Garcia is one.

Have you heard any word on this alleged Pogrebnyak bid Nicko?

Do you know what we've offered? (A simple yes or no is fine, I understand if you'd like to hold back any further details until (at least) 11pm...

Nothing concrete, but I think the word 'alleged' may be appropriate.

This is a weird window by anyone's standards.

I remember it well. We let Waggy go to Blackpool and replaced him with Aston. The dreaded Jim Iley pulled off that major coup - what is it with managers whose name starts in I and is four letters in length? Aston arrived in the summer of 1978 and we were relegated within 12 months. He had been the man of the match in the 1968 European Cup Final but by the time he arrived at Ewood Park his legs had gone.

Because he's past his best as far as playing at the VERY TOP level goes. We don't roam in those regions. Remember Djorkeaff, Campo, Okotcha?

Oh really? Sorry I didn't know. Seems you're right, and Raphael Benitez and whoever the frig manages Atletico Madrid is wrong.

Benitez is a woeful manager who got ridiulously lucky in his first season with russian linesmen not seeing semi final goals clearly not crossing the line, any one can see gerrard has more influence on any success the scousers have...........the man has signed an endless amount of crap but people tend not to look beyond alonso and torres.

nunez was one of the worst players ever to wear a liverpool shirt but also played for real madrid, he should be cheap.

Archived