BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because he's past his best as far as playing at the VERY TOP level goes. We don't roam in those regions. Remember Djorkeaff, Campo, Okotcha?

Oh really? Sorry I didn't know. Seems you're right, and Raphael Benitez and whoever the frig manages Atletico Madrid is wrong.

Unlike Djorkaeff, Campo and Okocha he has never been a regular at the VERY TOP level. For me he's just another Gamst, only he's 31.

Unlike Djorkaeff, Campo and Okocha he has never been a regular at the VERY TOP level. For me he's just another Gamst, only he's 31.

Gamst? Do me a favour. I have a garden gnome more mobile that Gamst. He's quicker too.

he is not poor !! And how many times have you seen him play?? Did he not play good football and score on a regular basis for pool?? Did he not score the goal that put them in the champions league final ??

FFS were blackburn rovers not utd or Chelsea who are challenging for the title ... We almost got relegated last season you seem to think that were the greatest team in the league and that we have loads of cash to spend on players !! we can NOT attract big name players to our club we have to do with what we have and what is available for us

Garcia would be am amazing signing for us he has everything most our other players don't ... You must not watch rovers that often because if you did you would realise that players such as pederson and grella are hopeless but from the way I take it you see them as better players that him .

Take a reality check were not Manchester united you need to stop living off wining the league which happened 14 years o

ago !!

Rant over

Calm down, weirdo. I've seen Garcia play many a time. He did score goals for Liverpool but he hasn't scored any for 2 years since leaving them. Liverpool do have higher standards than us but he was always giving the ball away and only got in the side because of his knack for scoring goals. He was similar to how Pedersen and Kevin Nolan used to be in that respect.

I don't think Pedersen and Grella are better than him, I think all three are poor and if we are going to buy we could do better than Garcia. He is now 31 years old as well.

If you think Garcia would be an "amazing" signing then you are off your nut...

He played in the Champions League final for LIVERPOOL!! He played for BARCELONA!! That is la creme de la creme!! He would be a very good signing for us, on a free, wanting to prove a point at 31 AND he's better than ANY of our current midfielders.....nah, don't get him :rolleyes:

Anyone remember certain Javier de Pedro? About 31 when he joined and was a starter in previous World Cup.. I'd rather see what's van Heerden and Hoilett made of than sign Garcia for £30k/wk for two years.

Greetings from red hot Lanzarote 34degs and counting upwards.

Have we missed anything ????

No! ^_^

Di Santo should hopefully sign within the next few days on loan.

We have apparently made a bid for Pogrebnyak, Russians asking for £9million, we offered considerably less as he's only got 6 months remaing on his contract. Some people on this MB still think we should pay that amount :huh:

We have some Brazillian kid on trial, defender, according to Nicko and his Newcastle chum, he is meant to be a half decent signing.

We were also about to sign Kamel Ghilas from Celta Vigo, but pulled out from the deal after he failed "Sam's Test".

That's about it. Now go enjoy your holiday before you get caught in the Luis Garcia debate!

Why would anyone want Luis Garcia when you have just signed Van Heerden and 'signed' Hoilett?

So we can get rid of Pedersen. ;)

Van Heerden only scored 2 goals for Brugge mind, he's going to have to massively improve on that if he wants to be a winger for us.

Anyone remember certain Javier de Pedro? About 31 when he joined and was a starter in previous World Cup.. I'd rather see what's van Heerden and Hoilett made of than sign Garcia for £30k/wk for two years.

Actually.....u've stumped me on that one. But did De Pedro ever play in the Chamions League? Or win a title? (those aren't rhetorical, they are actual questions)

Actually.....u've stumped me on that one. But did De Pedro ever play in the Chamions League? Or win a title? (those aren't rhetorical, they are actual questions)

Sociedad was in the CL in de Pedro's last season with them, but I'm too lazy to start googling for his possible games in that competition. Haven't won a title -yet :)

I remember him.

Is there a finer point?

Why would anyone want Luis Garcia when you have just signed Van Heerden and 'signed' Hoilett?

Precisely what I was thinking Nicko. Don't see the point in the move really, unless we offload Pedersen, but even still i don't think we need anymore wingers.

We surely have to be at a point now where if we want to bring in any midfielders or wingers, one must go before one can come in. If Sam really wanted to bring in a midfielder he would have offloaded Andrews to Fulham, the signing of that deal makes me think he is happy with the options he has.

So you're basing your opinion on them both being Spanish are you? Garcia has already proved himself over here, De Pedro was a waste of space.

I am sure this is rubbish and someone is making this up Nicko but could you look into this and see if it has any foundation?

barryshoz, Ossy says...

12:03pm Thu 30 Jul 09

Spoke to Ken Beamish last week, he stated that (although he wouldnt say who the other transfer targets are) BFS is trying to get Adriano, former Inter Milan forward, out of retirement and signed on a free transfer.

See what happens

I am sure this is rubbish and someone is making this up Nicko but could you look into this and see if it has any foundation?

barryshoz, Ossy says...

Spoke to Ken Beamish last week, he stated that (although he wouldnt say who the other transfer targets are) BFS is trying to get Adriano, former Inter Milan forward, out of retirement and signed on a free transfer.

See what happens

They wanted him to go to rehab, but he said 'no, no, no.'

Or 'Back to Blackburn' perhaps?

barryshoz, Ossy says...

See what happens

Nice try Sam but that would be a six month project to get him to PL fitness levels!!!

So you're basing your opinion on them both being Spanish are you? Garcia has already proved himself over here, De Pedro was a waste of space.

Same nationality, same age, same position, free agent.. what more do you want? Same name?

De Pedro is the closest thing we've signed to Garcia. And that didn't go well. I'm not saying it would end up in tears with Garcia too: just trying to bring these "only 31, Spain International, free - must be better than anyone we have" -posts an alternative.

Worked up? Have you been reading someone elses posts, or just reading mine out aloud through a megaphone?

You just came across a bit techy...but maybe i'll try without the megaphone and see how that goes.

Adriano hasnt retired has he?

Playing for Flamengo or someone like that.

Yes, he's very influental in the club Flamengo at the moment. Buying drinks after drinks and will most likely rescue the club in these bad financial times... Although it is rumoured that several other night clubs wants his services as well so we might be caught in a bidding war.

Archived