BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Some of you lot make me laugh. Two of Europes biggest clubs thought Luis Garcia were good enough to play a role for them over the past however many years, but no way is he good enough to aid our triumphant march into the top half of the table.

More brain has arrived!! Thank you. At least I know that it isn't me thats going mental (yet) at sensible posts!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Some of you lot make me laugh. Two of Europes biggest clubs thought Luis Garcia were good enough to play a role for them over the past however many years, but no way is he good enough to aid our triumphant march into the top half of the table.

Remind me again why he's a free agent at 31 and willing to sign for Rovers will you...

Your post wasn't sensible, you said he could replace Tugay.

Tugay never played as a winger.

I never mentioned the fact he was a winger!! What do u think we were going to do with Rothen?? Ghilas was lined up for the same role!! Garcia has a good touch, can pass a ball and can shoot. Thats why I formed such a conclusion. Sorry for having a different opinion to you mate. Diouf could NEVER play as a winger and a striker could he? Emerton would NEVER have been decent as a winger AND a RB AND a CDM would he? Olsson at LB would NEVER be slightly better on the left of midfield would he?

Remind me again why he's a free agent at 31 and willing to sign for Rovers will you...

Because he's past his best as far as playing at the VERY TOP level goes. We don't roam in those regions. Remember Djorkeaff, Campo, Okotcha?

They didn't.

Most Liverpool fans that I know don't and never did, rate him.

Oh really? Sorry I didn't know. Seems you're right, and Raphael Benitez and whoever the frig manages Atletico Madrid is wrong.

Not been on the forum for quite some time but starting to get a little frustrated at the lack of transfer activity at Rovers.

I know Big Sam has a reputation for pulling a few rabbits out of his magic hat, but the season is now only a matter of days away and we will be relying on Benni and Roberts for goals....something neither have been good at during recent times !

I don't want to get on their backs as Benni proved in his first season that he can score goals. I strongly believe that we have a serious lack of good quality wide players to feed the front two...this has been evident since Bentley left and Pedersen's form....errr....vanished !

I will be very interested to see what happens these next 2 weeks....otherwise I really see us struggling

PS....at 24 years old, surely Leroy Lita would be worth a punt ? He had a great first season, and maybe a fresh start would be just what he needs ?

I think a lot of people are frustrated, and want something to happen. I'm sure even Sam himself would have wanted to get the right player in at the right price by now, but we have to play the waiting game.

The season is a matter of days away, but it's also a matter of weeks away :P . Like you said yourself, Benni has proved he can score goals, Roberts misses a lot of sitters but is useful to us, Di Santo is apparently on his way, and if he lives up to his potential then that would be another good option, and we have Hoillet to add a bit of pace and youth. I could add Diouf and Gally, but they wouldn't be anyones' choice to start up front. Then Sam is looking to add a 'star' striker. So I don't feel we are or will be only relying on Benni and Roberts come the start of the season.

We might be lacking quality wide players, or the players Sam brought in might turn out to be good uns who can push Peds and Diouf.

Because he's past his best as far as playing at the VERY TOP level goes. We don't roam in those regions. Remember Djorkeaff, Campo, Okotcha?

Oh really? Sorry I didn't know. Seems you're right, and Raphael Benitez and whoever the frig manages Atletico Madrid is wrong.

I'm sorry but Luis Garcia has never been as good as Campo, Okocha or Djorkaeff at any stage of his career. He is poor.

It is their opinion, surely they are entitled to it, if you disagree fine, but no need to get so worked up about it!

Just because a manager uses a player, doesn't mean that they can't be wrong about them. Rafa has bought some poor players before and stuck with them for a time. Maybe he didn't rate him in the end and that is why he sold him?

I'm sorry but Luis Garcia has never been as good as Campo, Okocha or Djorkaeff at any stage of his career. He is poor.

Luis Garcia is not poor, especially by our standards. He was ok at Liverpool, not amazing but not rubbish either. He'd be something a bit different for us and is much better than Campo ever was. Youri and Okocha I'd go along with your opinion.

ugh, horrible post

and everything is days away, the start of the season after next is days away. scaremongerer

lita is an awful player too

I'm not really a fan of Lita, but there was absolutely nothing wrong with his post. I'd hardly say he were scaremongering either, more that, like a large number of others, he is slightly concerned at our lack of activity. He also has a point on our wingers - if we are to be playing a 4-5-1 formation, then their role in supporting the attack is crucial. Whether our current personnel in these positions are up to scratch is very much open to debate.

It is their opinion, surely they are entitled to it, if you disagree fine, but no need to get so worked up about it!

Just because a manager uses a player, doesn't mean that they can't be wrong about them. Rafa has bought some poor players before and stuck with them for a time. Maybe he didn't rate him in the end and that is why he sold him?

Worked up? Have you been reading someone elses posts, or just reading mine out aloud through a megaphone?

I think Garcia is a dangerous player, who creates and scores goals. We don't have many of them. Maybe I'm a bad judge. Maybe Allardyce is. Maybe Benitez is? All academic really, but he's certainly a step up from Andrews, Pedersen, Reid et all.

I think the important thing is that we don't fill our squad with deadwood again. Slowly we're getting rid of it and buying the likes of Lita who struggles in The Championship, an older Luis Garcia etc will just undo the positive changes we've already made to the squad.

We've got to aim for players who are better than what we've got and be able to challenge for a first team spot. Otherwise we'll end up playing another season trying to avoid relegation.

So far Sam's bought players in who can challenge for a first team spot as well as include younger players with big potential. Hopefully a mix will result in the correct balance the team needs.

he is not poor !! And how many times have you seen him play?? Did he not play good football and score on a regular basis for pool?? Did he not score the goal that put them in the champions league final ??

FFS were blackburn rovers not utd or Chelsea who are challenging for the title ... We almost got relegated last season you seem to think that were the greatest team in the league and that we have loads of cash to spend on players !! we can NOT attract big name players to our club we have to do with what we have and what is available for us

Garcia would be am amazing signing for us he has everything most our other players don't ... You must not watch rovers that often because if you did you would realise that players such as pederson and grella are hopeless but from the way I take it you see them as better players that him .

Take a reality check were not Manchester united you need to stop living off wining the league which happened 14 years o

ago !!

Rant over

Damn, I thought we were in the Premier League, one of the best leagues in the world.

I want my money back :lol:

A very good point there Aggy.

That's how we should judge these players. Some say Andrews [sorry, but it is a point] can get up and down, score the odd goal etc, etc. True and he could no doubt do that in any of the lower leagues - but he can do no more than that. In this league, as you say "one of the top leagues in the world" players have to be able to do much more than that, - unless you are happy to compete with the teams like PNE, Oldham, Reading etc, who have loads of players who can do what Andrews, Grella, Mokoena do.

I think Garcia is a dangerous player, who creates and scores goals. We don't have many of them. Maybe I'm a bad judge. Maybe Allardyce is. Maybe Benitez is? All academic really, but he's certainly a step up from Andrews, Pedersen, Reid et all.

I agree with you for a change! OMG!!! :lol:

I think the important thing is that we don't fill our squad with deadwood again. Slowly we're getting rid of it and buying the likes of Lita who struggles in The Championship, an older Luis Garcia etc will just undo the positive changes we've already made to the squad.

We've got to aim for players who are better than what we've got and be able to challenge for a first team spot.

So far Sam's bought players in who can challenge for a first team spot as well as include younger players with big potential. Hopefully a mix will result in the correct balance the team needs.

I understand your point totally, but getting rid of Mokoena, Derbs, Ooijer, Vogel, Simpson etc and replacing with a player like Luis Garcia is not replacing deadwood for deadwood. Who in our midfield is a better player than Garcia - simple answer - Nobody!

That is Keith Andrews. We are talking here about a player who was in Spain's last World Cup squad who is available on a free and whose former clubs include Barcelona and Liverpool.

Obviously he has not been at his best recently or he would not be available on a free. Is he worth a punt however? On a free...why not? Pedersen has hardly wowed us these last few seasons has he?

Archived