BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Surely the tribalfootball's have copied the story by evening making it international.

As I do not live in lancashire I have no idea when LET published the article - Have tribalfootball published the same, saying rovers have put in a bid for a player, have they named the player?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have Rovers gone international with this bid story? Not fully knowing how the media works, I cannot see the above mentioned clubs reading the LET - just a thought.

I wouldn't be surprised if it hit SSN before lunchtime...

As I do not live in lancashire I have no idea when LET published the article - Have tribalfootball published the same, saying rovers have put in a bid for a player, have they named the player?

The Internet version of the story is dated 9:40am, no idea if it is in the paper version.

Haven't yet seen the story anywhere else, but I'm sure we'll see it soon enough.

No player named as yet.

As for Nicko's list of selling clubs, that is the reason why I think prices will ease later in the window- there are more wanting rid than credible buyers left.

If you are Real Madrid with three name strikers to shift off the books, you are looking at perhaps ten La Liga, three Potuguese clubs, one French, half a dozen German clubs, half a dozen Italian clubs, one Greek, two Turkish clubs, two Ukranian clubs, four Russian clubs and twenty Premier League clubs as having the ability to pay the transfer fee AND the wages.

Of that lot, at least half of them don't need a striker at present so 55 reduces to about 25 and it takes someone perhaps 30 minutes to scan the online newsfeeds for all 25 clubs each morning.

So I'd be absolutely astonished if any of Real Madrid, Valencia, Bordeaux, Benfica and Zenit St Petersburg either haven't received an offer from Rovers this morning or don't already know that Rovers are reported as having made a bid to someone for somebody....

Guest TrueBlue2009
Wonder if the mystery bid could be for Kalinic seeing as how Pompey's bid has floundered. (allegedly)

From another board...

"..Told from a good source in Dublin that Blackburn will sign Eidur Gudjohnsen for £4m within the next week. Rovers are also tracking midfield duo Nigel Reo-Coker and Kevin Nolan as well as Milwall defender Zak Whitbread....."

That is incorrect. Theno was correct in hindsight. Looking at Sam's past, spencey and Gav have concerns that are based on fact. The only thing that is an assumption is that we "won't" be playing hoofball. At the moment I wouldn't say that is unlikely. I hope it is though.

Having concerns is one thing but changing facts to suit your argument is another. For example stating that we were a laughing stock when we patently weren't. And stating opinion as fact. I happened to find the direct approach we employed against west ham both exciting and entertaining. That's my opinion and if every home game is as exciting as that, and we win, I'll be happy enough. I suspect spencey won't be - spencey?

Luis Garcia is negotiating with Blackburn Rovers

The future of Luis Garcia is about to be clarified. After only a few weeks training near his home in Badalona, while his agent was looking for him, football is about to return to the Premier League. Several teams of England, where he still retains a good sign, have become interested in the services of the player. Most likely is coming from inside the team Blackburn Rovers, who already have advanced negotiations to join the workforce.

Before starting the preseason Atletico told the player who did not join the rest of the staff, and authorized him to find equipment without paying any transfer. Atletico are satisfied with ballast remove the ailing club's cash and not have to pay the tab for Luis Garcia, one of the highest in the template. His second period as rojiblanco completed after two years in which not provided performance exhibited in Liverpool and in his previous stint at the bank of the Manzanares

Luis Garcia negosioso con Blackburn

I would be very happy with Luis Garcia on a free.

Will be a very good striker along Di Santo I think.

Wrong. Your memory is seriously flawed Bucky. I was against Ince from the off, in fact as soon as he was mentioned to be in the frame never mind appointed. Everything I warned about was accurate.

But the truth is it was obvious imo. What suprised me was the number ands quality of people whose perceptions got blinded by baseless optimism and collective eupohoria. I really do find that a very weird phenomenon. It's not as if he is a demagogue is it for goodness sake? His press conference performance alone proved that.

Isn't that normal though if you love your football club? I'm not saying you don't, but whenever Rovers make a signing or appoint a new manager, regardless of their history, myself and i'm sure many others are excited by the prospect, and are willing to give somoene a chance. If we didn't give Paul Ince/or any other manager in that case, a chance to succeed and were against him right from the start, then where would that have left us?

There was a reason to be optimistic with Paul Ince, he was successful at MK Dons and prior to that he had saved Macclesfield from relegation. I think that is what created the optimism, the fact that he has been able to gain some sort of success with his previous clubs, and that he would bring the same to our club. We were willing to give him that chance, and it is the same with Allardyce, he has done well in his previous clubs and has bought some sort of success, mainly at Bolton, and that is why the Rovers fans are willing to accept him.

Garcia is a midfielder, not a very good one at that either.

Indeed, he'd be an alternative in the wing positions since Ghilas broke down.

He's one of those players who has a tendency to do something special every so often but contributes little in between those spells. I honestly don't think he's much of an improvement on Pedersen.

From another board...

"..Told from a good source in Dublin that Blackburn will sign Eidur Gudjohnsen for £4m within the next week. Possible but wages ?????? Rovers are also tracking midfield duo Nigel Reo-Coker doubt it and Kevin Nolan again possible but wages???as well as Milwall defender Zak Whitbread....." No chance we don't need another CD

Could have to eat a big slice of humble pie. :lol:

From another board...

"..Told from a good source in Dublin that Blackburn will sign Eidur Gudjohnsen for £4m within the next week. Rovers are also tracking midfield duo Nigel Reo-Coker and Kevin Nolan as well as Milwall defender Zak Whitbread....."

Which board?

Reo-choker? No thanks

Nolan? Not likely he would come....he's poor anyway

Whitbread has just been rejected by Posh for too high wage demands

Gudjohnsen? £4M isnt too bad, id be happy with that one

Luis Garcia is negotiating with Blackburn Rovers

I would be very happy with Luis Garcia on a free.

Garcia is a midfielder, and he is quite creative too - id be happy with his addition on a free

Daily Mail: Pavel Pogrebnyak is set to reject Blackburn Rovers' overtures by joining Stuttgart in an £8.5m deal worth £50,000 a week for four years. He is likely to leave but is also considering Zenit's extention offer.

The Mirror must have some fantastic moles to have found all that out in such a short space of time.

You've got to be joking, 31 years old and not a prolific goalscorer...

It sounds like a Blackburn transfer though, sell an £18 million pound top striker and replace with a loan and a freebie... :rolleyes:

he's a bloody midfielder!!!!! :huh:

Luis Garcia would be a good signing IMO. No risk, and though he is the kind of player who can go missing, if Sam can instill a good work ethic, he is an improvement on Pedersen, no doubt. It looks to me like a big man up top with Diouf and another floating behind him is the way we'll go, which is the same system as he player at Bolton. (Silly buggers who don't want to challenge for the top 6 start your moaning now)

Too many midfielders and our most likely saleable midfielder has just got a new contract. I just can't see us adding to our midfield unless we sell.

We still have some that could move/ go out on loan yet though.

Judge & Doran. Reid, Emerton & Dunn are also still big risks!

Too many midfielders and our most likely saleable midfielder has just got a new contract. I just can't see us adding to our midfield unless we sell.

Pedersen is very saleable and Garcia is a left winger...

Garcia is no Tugay replacement! He's a winger, I bet he's never played a game in central midfield in his life.

Archived