BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is a very strange one. The guy isn't fit and clearly won't be. He has a history of being unfit.

West Ham would love to sell him for a fortune but he won't be fit enough to do that in this window.

Maybe Stoke City are daft enough to try.

Good luck to them if they do. They will need it.

well watched a bit of the west ham game this morning, and Ashton's no9 Shirt has been given to some young kid id never heard of....... id say theyre not banking on him being around long !!

well watched a bit of the west ham game this morning, and Ashton's no9 Shirt has been given to some young kid id never heard of....... id say theyre not banking on him being around long !!

Thought Ashton's number was 999.

No Rovers news and no need for an 11 o'clocker sadly...you got the updates earlier from various sources.

The Lescott thing is moving, which affects you as you face Man City in the first game. Martins has left Newcastle, but nobody at the club knows where he is going [honest].

Poor old Celtic...Coyley missed a bullet there.

No Rovers news and no need for an 11 o'clocker sadly...you got the updates earlier from various sources.

The Lescott thing is moving, which affects you as you face Man City in the first game. Martins has left Newcastle, but nobody at the club knows where he is going [honest].

What happened at Celtic??

SSN are reporting Wolfsburg. Not the case?

However I see encouraging signs at all levels right now. So, give it a chance and leave you bias to one side.

Thanks for your reply Nicko.

But again, you're highlighting the exceptions to the rule as opposed to the rule itself. A handful of games over a number of years certainly doesn't indicate that Allardyce's approach is primarily anything but long, direct and (in my opinion) unwatchable football. I'm sure Bolton fans - as much as they may have enjoyed their successes under Allardyce - wouldn't claim to have been relentlessly entertained by the passing football on display at the Reebok. Sometimes Man Utd play poorly, but for the vast majority of the time, they don't. Sometimes Allardyce's Bolton played decent football, but for the vast majority of the time, they didn't.

You mention that "playing long ball football with players who cannot play it is unwatchable" - but who has arrived during the summer to address this issue and make things any different for next season? Van Heerden? Hoillett? N'zonzi? Jacobsen? I know we're on the look out for a big striker, but surely that can only exacerbate the problem. (Even if it is Pogrebnyak, who would be an asset to any team.)

I'm not looking for anyone to cite examples of the few games Allardyce teams have passed the football - for each example you can give me I can provide 30 which were hideous and soul-destroying to watch. In reading this far most people will no doubt be furious because they believe I'm being pessimistic, but I'm not - I'm being realistic.

Probably them, but he left without telling any of the lads where he was going...

Probably doent know himself!!

His age isnt right somehow , perhaps he's going senile :lol:

No wonder the Toons are in the s***

Nicko,

No identity of the new coach??

One item of late news...

Ressie keeper Mark Bunn could well be going to Sheff U on loan.

Why didn't we loan most of our players to Sheff Utd last season? maybe they'd have shown a little more fight against the dingles.

Martins for £9m? We were mugged by the greeks over Matty!

Bunn to Sheffield Utd. would be good for us-gives him the chance at a higher level so we can see if he is good after all. Means Brown will be on the bench though, although his apparent versatility is a bonus. Hope he doesn't fill Paddy Kenny's shoes in some ways.

I'll just look at the summary to read about this Brazilian.

Sometimes Man Utd play poorly, but for the vast majority of the time, they don't.

I wonder why that is? The Manager? The millions they spend on wages and transfers every year? A bit of both possibly.

Did you read my post over the page spencey? Any thoughts or did it simply not register?

I wonder why that is? The Manager? The millions they spend on wages and transfers every year? A bit of both possibly.

Did you read my post over the page spencey? Any thoughts or did it simply not register?

There is only one track going on repeat, that's what it looks like anyway :(.

And that was a hugely interesting contribution you just made. Thanks.

I find this board fascinating. The vast number of people who seem hellbent on ignoring all the evidence, facts and past history surrounding Sam Allardyce to somehow believe we'll play anything like actual football next season is astounding. If you are one of the blinkered minions who must desperately believe that "change can happen", then I'm afraid you're in for a crushing disappointment.

philipl - We were completely and utterly unwatchable under Allardyce last season, it was dross of the highest order. And (apart from Newcastle, of course) we very quickly became the laughing stock of the Premier League, resorting to playing a centre back up front while strikers warmed the bench. If you'd be happy to watch more of the same again week-in-week-out for the next few seasons, then you'll forgive me if I don't join you.

We have to demand better.

The majority of supporters merely demand that we remain in the Premier League. Some of the most boring football I have seen at Ewood was under Howard Kendall. Yet he won matches and the crowds increased in size because of it. 1-0 became the score that became predictable under him and the fans loved it because we were winning. I only demand that we win more matches than we lose and remain in the Premier League. I suspect most fans of WBA would have been happy with hoofball, as it is becoming known, and still be a Premier League club rather than being relegated and seeing their rivals from St Andrews take their place in the top flight.

I don't expect Sam to radically alter his style. It will be percentage football and it will be geared to winning matches and gaining as many points as possible. I suspect that it will be mixed up rather more than last season and fully expect it to be based on 4-4-2.

I don't mind being the laughing stock of the Premier League if we retain Premier League status. Far better than adopting a superior attitude and saying "We might have been relegated but at least we went down playing football".

Surely Moyes won't be letting Lescott go at any cost - I can't see why Joleon himself would come out and say he wants to go because Everton have a bit more going for them than City (apart from the dough of course) ie. consistently good side and in Europe. Plus it's the World Cup and surely he wouldn't want to risk that by signing for the enigma that is MCFC.

Archived