BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

From another board...

"..Told from a good source in Dublin that Blackburn will sign Eidur Gudjohnsen for £4m within the next week. Rovers are also tracking midfield duo Nigel Reo-Coker and Kevin Nolan as well as Milwall defender Zak Whitbread....."

Too much Guinness I suspect.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Daily Mail: Pavel Pogrebnyak is set to reject Blackburn Rovers' overtures by joining Stuttgart in an £8.5m deal worth £50,000 a week for four years. He is likely to leave but is also considering Zenit's extention offer.

No doubt from the agent trying to take him to Rovers and starting to worry that it's not happening...

On Pedersen, would be very surprised if left, as his long throws and very occasional decent set pieces (corners etc) fit perfectly into Sam's style of play.

Plus we are apparently in talks to extend his contract.

We seem to be collecting midfielders again. When will we learn. Bring in fewer, quality players with good injury records. Spend big money, but do so wisely. It's all well and good having depth, but not when you've got they're distinctly average and injury prone.

So that's: Van Heerden, Diouf, Hoilett, Pedersen and Garcia(?) for the wings; and N'Zonzi, Grella, Dunn, Reid and Andrews in the centre. That's 10 mifielders, 11 if you include Doran, 12 if you include Judge.

I won't complain about our numbers in defence, because that area of the team is extremely strong for a side outside of the top six, but you can add another 9 names there (excluding the sub keepers because they'll virtually never play).

Then you can expect minimum of one more striker to come in, more likely two. That would take our first team squad to between 23 - 25 players. That is far, far, far too many for a side that was involved in a relegation dog fight last season.

Trim the squad and add some quality, that is what we should be doing. Instead, it's even more bloated than ever.

Which is exactly what spencey is doing (and is being criticised for doing it)

I rest my case.

A further point, theno's opinion on Paul Ince was based on his character as a player. spenceys opinion on Allardyce is based on his style of football at Bolton, Newcastle and last season with us. So his argument probably has more weight to it than theno's at this time last year (even if he was subsequently proven correct).

Possibly but it's not what he is saying (or Gav also) but the continuous repetition of the same thing.

Theno backed his up with his reasons - not the same repetitve script.

In all honesty, I concur with what Spencey and Gav say and am more sided in their argument as Iam yet to be convinced also, however willing to give Sam benefit of the doubt this season to show us differently.

Hopefully a sign that he is ready to join on loan

Regarding the speculation surrounding his future, the young Argentine believes that a loan move was a good sign that the club did not want to get rid of him completely.

"It's my idea to play with Chelsea. But if that's not an option, a loan is not a bad idea. It's nice that they don't want to sell me," he said.

Luis Garcia is negotiating with Blackburn Rovers

The future of Luis Garcia is about to be clarified. After only a few weeks training near his home in Badalona, while his agent was looking for him, football is about to return to the Premier League. Several teams of England, where he still retains a good sign, have become interested in the services of the player. Most likely is coming from inside the team Blackburn Rovers, who already have advanced negotiations to join the workforce.

Before starting the preseason Atletico told the player who did not join the rest of the staff, and authorized him to find equipment without paying any transfer. Atletico are satisfied with ballast remove the ailing club's cash and not have to pay the tab for Luis Garcia, one of the highest in the template. His second period as rojiblanco completed after two years in which not provided performance exhibited in Liverpool and in his previous stint at the bank of the Manzanares

Luis Garcia negosioso con Blackburn

I would be very happy with Luis Garcia on a free.

Will be a very good striker along Di Santo I think.

i seriously hope this is a wind up............we'd only be playing with 9 outfield every week the guy is so light weight, he's a shocker and would bring absolutely nothing to the table.....he looked awful in a good liverpool team. he has a worse reputation than ronaldo for falling over.........kind of got my back up the same as the links to smith did.

sure it has to be garbage.

I think Luis Garcia would be brought in as Tugay's replacement tbh. An EXCELLENT touch, good passing range and the occasional screamer locked up in there somewhere! I'd be VERY happy with him as a midfield option.

first part is blasphamous and the 2nd a downright lie

Not been on the forum for quite some time but starting to get a little frustrated at the lack of transfer activity at Rovers.

I know Big Sam has a reputation for pulling a few rabbits out of his magic hat, but the season is now only a matter of days away and we will be relying on Benni and Roberts for goals....something neither have been good at during recent times !

I don't want to get on their backs as Benni proved in his first season that he can score goals. I strongly believe that we have a serious lack of good quality wide players to feed the front two...this has been evident since Bentley left and Pedersen's form....errr....vanished !

I will be very interested to see what happens these next 2 weeks....otherwise I really see us struggling

PS....at 24 years old, surely Leroy Lita would be worth a punt ? He had a great first season, and maybe a fresh start would be just what he needs ?

Not been on the forum for quite some time but starting to get a little frustrated at the lack of transfer activity at Rovers.

I know Big Sam has a reputation for pulling a few rabbits out of his magic hat, but the season is now only a matter of days away and we will be relying on Benni and Roberts for goals....something neither have been good at during recent times !

I don't want to get on their backs as Benni proved in his first season that he can score goals. I strongly believe that we have a serious lack of good quality wide players to feed the front two...this has been evident since Bentley left and Pedersen's form....errr....vanished !

I will be very interested to see what happens these next 2 weeks....otherwise I really see us struggling

PS....at 24 years old, surely Leroy Lita would be worth a punt ? He had a great first season, and maybe a fresh start would be just what he needs ?

ugh, horrible post

and everything is days away, the start of the season after next is days away. scaremongerer

lita is an awful player too

ugh, horrible post

and everything is days away, the start of the season after next is days away. scaremongerer

lita is an awful player too

braddock,

i'm really getting tired of you attacking other members posts! give it a rest will you ?

the game is about opinions & discussions, braddock.

just a pointer.

Some of you lot make me laugh. Two of Europes biggest clubs thought Luis Garcia were good enough to play a role for them over the past however many years, but no way is he good enough to aid our triumphant march into the top half of the table.

Some of you lot make me laugh. Two of Europes biggest clubs thought Luis Garcia were good enough to play a role for them over the past however many years, but no way is he good enough to aid our triumphant march into the top half of the table.

So your argument is that the big clubs don't sign poor players?

Archived