BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

Does a clause affect a buying clubs valuation?

It certainly simplifies an issue. The buying club knows what price its going to take to guarantee getting the player, and can make their decision accordingly. As it happens 4 clubs in the last 6 years have allowed clause prices that we set to affect their valuation of one of our players.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Grauniad claimed Villa went in for a Downing/Tuncay double bid and were quoted £20m for the pair - £12m for Downing, £8m for Tuncay.

Is Downing not out til January or something? Can't be true, surely.

Nicko?

Is Downing not out til January or something? Can't be true, surely.

Nicko?

Nobody knows for sure yet, but the fact that Boro are keeping it quiet suggests it may be serious...and rule him out beyond the window.

Now that would hurt them.

Slightly early one...

KENWYNE JONES...doing a bit on him in paper tomorrow, definitely on the list and a hot one...however Sunderland have to get their men in first...so it will depend on that...obviously if another Rovers target becomes available between now and then the whole picture changes again...this chase is going to go on.

ANDY VAN DER MEYDE...contain your excitement...but he is definitely still an option...due to go to Austria...if he is not already there...oh dear.

NEWCASTLE...this takeover thing could be very close...but some people are telling porkies at that club...so we shall see.

YOUR NEIGHBOURS...had Pancrate in today, but I don't think he has done enough to impress.

ANDY VAN DER MEYDE...contain your excitement...but he is definitely still an option...due to go to Austria...if he is not already there...oh dear.

With Hoilett and Van Der Heerden in and with Emo coming back from injury I reckon we're all but covered on the flanks so see this move as very strange. I know there's no harm in looking and all that, but still - lets get the striker sorted first Sam as you said so yourself.

• Backroom

Not too worried about the likes of VDM and vieri as long as the striker hunt goes on, VDM may not have the legs but can still pick out a pass maybe sam fancies transforming him into a Tugay type passing midfielder, its a long long long loooooooooooooong shot though.

The longer the striker situation goes on the scarier it gets though, as Rovers fans I think we're all expecting a repeat of last year though.

Does a clause affect a buying clubs valuation?

Of course den.

A player is a commodity and worth only what a club is prepared to buy him for - they're obviously going to get him for the lowest possible fee, they won't do the selling club any favours.

Without a clause we wouldn't have sold Cruz for so much.

He was desperate to link up with Hughes, and no way was he really worth 18 mill in today's market, the clause led to artificial inflation of his fee.

Doesn't that go towards the prosecution case Bryan. Chelsea met the Duff clause as he was boarding the flight to America for the pre season. Without the get out clause that wouldn't have happened.

no, it goes towards teh case for the defence.

As I recall, Chelsea were bidding below the trigger fee to try to get us to crack, we held firm and Chelsea left it right to the last to bid the fee we wanted.

without that he would've left for Chelsea long before rovers got to the departure lounge.

Woohoo, we're going to sign the right side of the Everton side that never actually played for the Toffees last season :lol:

I'm not actually against giving him a trial, it can hardly cost us more than a few quid for a training kit and who knows he might actually have decided he wants to play football again.

I'm liking the fact that Jones appears to be on our radar. With Sunderland apparantly flush with cash at the minute and Bruce and Big Sam good mates, then I think we may just be able to get him for around £8m - just my opinion.

Nicko any idea on the price for Kenwyne? Will this not just alert Spurs who now have at least £8m+ to play with?

Spurs are unlikely to go for him again...Sherwood slammed him and I think he spoke for Harry...if not, it would make for an interesting chat should Jones go to Spurs. :lol:

i'm kind of hoping for kenwyne now.. seems the best possible target, hoping for bent and crouchie off to sunderland in the next couple of games.. but it's not likely.

nicko: are sam just talking bullshit when he says he would just sign quality players and not quantity, and then possibly going for van der meyde..

and is it true that he would prefere a young striker rather than a older more experienced one?

how the fu** can we be in for van der mayde van sam clearly said we were going to get quality not quantity.. it amazes me.. depressing news

He's a freebie - whats wrong with taking a look?? :huh: Do you realise how many trialists clubs take on each season!?

In other news :lol: - Alan Mahon has re-joined Rovers following his release at Burnley

He's had some key hole surgery on a bone growth niggle, still a bit sore, but Sam is still very interested, and its up to him to prove himself.

There's nothing to lose for Rovers and Sam. If he turns it around great, if not we've only paid him basic, plus add ons, and if he doesn't perform he doesn't get any.

Archived