BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we sign this Jones fella from Sunderland i might kill myself. 8 or 9 million would be absolutley wasted on him. If anything we need to go full out for Darren Bent, at least he can put the ball in the net.

IF Sam insists on a big man, then just stick Vieri and Di Santo up there, and spend the 13million pound budget on 2 midfielders please!

Because Currentley, none of our midfilders can score goals, SO WHATS THE POINT IN HAVING A BIG TARGET MAN!!

Either splash the cash on a goal machine, or improve the midfield!

Please!

I said arguably because of fans opinions on him. If he hadn't been bought from MK Dons and by Paul Ince, he would have been liked. He did nothing wrong and without his goals we would have been relegated, its as simple as that

Totally agree. If he was called Keithinho then people would have said his first season in the Premier League would have been considered a success. Unfortunately he'll always be linked with Paul Ince and certain fans cannot separate the two.

Personally I feel that if we get an offer which is considered too good to turn down AND we've got a replacement in mind (whether it's one of our lads returning from injury FULLY fit or a new player).

I'd also be delighted if he didn't go because he's a good member of our squad and being linked with other Premier League clubs prove that as well as playing superbly for his country.

i cant see how people can say that keith andrews was arguably the player of the season last year, imo i think he is playing above himself in the premier league, and i would personally sell him! i think sam could find a better player for say £2m or whatever it is.

I said arguably because of fans opinions on him. If he hadn't been bought from MK Dons and by Paul Ince, he would have been liked. He did nothing wrong and without his goals we would have been relegated, its as simple as that

"he did nothing wrong"---what about his passing?

i cant see how people can say that keith andrews was arguably the player of the season last year, imo i think he is playing above himself in the premier league, and i would personally sell him! i think sam could find a better player for say £2m or whatever it is.

My thoughts exactly - I thought the game passed him by alot and whilst he was (only) adequate against the lesser teams in the Prem when we played anyone decent he looked out of his depth. Not his fault as he has tried his best to take his chance but personally I dont feel that his best is good enough for this league.

*throws cigar down and picks up phone*

"Sell, sell, sell: Lucky for you, Sir, we have a special on this month:

...buy one Keith, get one free."

"...plus extras. Keith is worth a lot more in add-ons for marketing reasons. He has, after all, developed "cult status" within the Premiership". :lol:

*throws cigar down and picks up phone*

"Sell, sell, sell: Lucky for you, Sir, we have a special on this month:

...buy one Keith, get one free."

:D

Maybe we could the guy from the Safestyle advert in on the negotiations. “You buy one, you get one FREE!”

I'd rather get rid of Dunn or Reid if we had to sell a central midfielder, but I suppose Andrews is the one we could get the most for. I'm only in favour of this if it means we can sign an attacking midfielder as well as the striker we're after. And I'd want £3m+, preferably more.

I still think that Andrews is one of the worst players I have seen at Rovers since we were promoted back in 1991/2. Assuming the bid is into seven figures I expect we will see him on his way.

Sam Allardyce, Giovanni Trappatoni and now bloody Roy Hodgson! Do none of them know anything about football!!!!

Keith Andrews can't play football - any fool can see that.

Fulham finished 7th last year under Roy - you'd think he therefore knows football.

Then why oh why would he possibly want Keith Andrews?

It just doesn't make any sense.

Fulham finished 7th last year under Roy - you'd think he therefore knows football.

Remember it was Roy who broke our transfer record to sign Kevin Davies. Was it Roy who signed Christian Dailly?

He may know football - but they shouldn't let him lose with a transfer budget.

He was arguably our best player last season

He said one of our best players - not the best!

I think we should be looking at 3.5 for him :)

No SHE said HE WAS.

If Sam got £4m for Andrews I'd immediately forgive him spending £5m on Davies.

Same here. £13m to spend, get another £4m for Andrews and then off we go shopping.

Sam is the best person possible to have in haggling deals and getting bargains.

Sam Allardyce, Giovanni Trappatoni and now bloody Roy Hodgson! Do none of them know anything about football!!!!

Keith Andrews can't play football - any fool can see that.

It just doesn't make any sense.

The stick Andrews has had, imo, has been way OTT. He wont ever be forgiven by some for -

a) Being an Ince signing

b ) Being signed from MK Dons.

That having been said I'm not his biggest fan so I'm hoping the knock back Fulham have had is Rovers' opening salvo in negotiations to take him south. Anything over the £2m mark represents a very good deal for us and it could be one of those rare transfers that suit all three parties.

I'm pretty sure the Fulham fans will be more fair with him than a proportion of our support has been.

Remember it was Roy who broke our transfer record to sign Kevin Davies. Was it Roy who signed Christian Dailly?

He may know football - but they shouldn't let him lose with a transfer budget.

Clearly. The bloke's completely lost the plot.

Keith Andrews - he's championship at best isn't he?

Incidentally, weren't we trying to sign Kevin Davies back, or did I dream that?

Hodgson - bought Christian Dailly for £5.3m

Trappatoni - played a centre midfield of Keith Andrews and Glenn Whelan - should we sign him too?

Allardyce - rates Andrews that highly as a centre midfielder that he played him at right back even when the only alternatives were a 39 year old or Mokoena.

If we get above £2m for Andrews I'll eat my own hat. Do you lot seriously think Fulham will cough up £4m?

No - but then I never thought anyone would bid for him in the first place.

Remember Kuqi?

If we get above £2m for Andrews I'll eat my own hat. Do you lot seriously think Fulham will cough up £4m?

We paid close to £1.8m with all the add-ons - he then became a full international, played a full premier season, and proved he can score goals from midfield. Why would he now only be worth about £200k more??

That guy a complete _____.

And he used to "get the crowd going" at Burnley. :lol:

Did he really? Another reason to hate him then.

I can't remember exactly what company it is, but it's one of those companies like InjuryLawyers4U or Personal Injury Lawyers that you see advertised. Anyway, my girlfriend started work at one of those over a year ago, and on the induction day she was told the Safestyle guy owned the company. She couldn't handle the thought of working for his company so just quit there and then. He's hardly the respectable sort of person you'd want for legal advice anyway.

Archived