BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

I can't quite understand what people see in Samba to say this, a lot people seem to hold this view though.

He's big and powerful and pretty fast, but he doesn't turn very quickly, his touch isn't great and his passing is relatively poor. I think he'd be a disaster in midfield, I can't see how he'd better than someone like Mokoena in that role with his attributes.

Samba`s touch is pretty good, and his driving runs and passing is not bad to be fair. Mokoena`s passing was absolutely terrible LeChuck, and he panicked on the ball, not a natural footballer in my eyes !

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Done a solid job coming in, scoring goals, playing a number of positions and keeping injury free. He's a good squad player IMO, someone to come in off the bench or in place of an injured player and do a job.

If Sam wants to use some of the money from Roque's sale to bring in a top class midfielder and the only way is for him to sell then i wouldn't be opposed to selling Andrews. If we have noone in place or no intention of replacing him then i wouldn't be happy with the deal.

He was arguably our best player last season

Very arguably!

Without knowing the fitness of Emerton, Dunn and Reid, and ready for first team football N'Zonzi is, it's hard to say. If all our midfielders were fit I'd happily take the money. Sam has been told that he has to sell before he can buy a central player don't forget, and it's unlikely we could flog any of the others.

I said arguably because of fans opinions on him. If he hadn't been bought from MK Dons and by Paul Ince, he would have been liked. He did nothing wrong and without his goals we would have been relegated, its as simple as that

Fulham is not a stranger to paying over the odds for mediocre players (Zamora and Pantsil for £6.3m, Andy Johnson for £10.5m, etc). If they are willing to repeat their mistakes and pay well over the odds again, I'd be slightly tempted to sell. However, Keith is a versatile and reliable squad player, and we would need to spend the cash on a similar player - and I don't know how easily we could replace him.

• Backroom

No point in selling for anything less than £4million I think, if we get a bid of that size it could go towards subsidising a striker move and making the different between a Zigic and a Cardozo.

Jacobsen at right back could mean a move for Emo into CM

If Fulham have made an official bid, they must believe they are within the ballpark of getting him.

I am astonished at this but of course Fulham are in the Europa so need to bulk out their squad.

I still think that Andrews is one of the worst players I have seen at Rovers since we were promoted back in 1991/2. Assuming the bid is into seven figures I expect we will see him on his way.

Archived