BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It occurred to me as I was reading Vieri's bio, that Sam may have an ulterior motive in letting Vieri train with the Rovers. He's a 35-36 year old former superstar. He's desperate for a team. Sam's dealing with more than a few egos, and more than a couple of unmotivated talents (Benni, Gallagher). Having Vieri in the locker room should, if they have half a brain, be a sobering experience for these players. Their shelf-life is short and it won't be long before they're in Vieri's shoes. And maybe sooner than they like to think, considering that Vieri reached far higher than Benni and Gallagher ever have.

Anyway, it occurred to me as Sam has a reputation for being into the mind/motivational games. So even if Vieri doesn't make the cut (and I hope he does), he would have served a purpose.

Are we also after Bent?

Darren bent

Darren Bent 2

From Nicko's article I think:

Allardyce would pay around £8 to £9 million for Jones, whose value has dipped since Tottenham inquired for him in the last transfer window. Spurs have since gone off him.

£8 - £9 for Kenwyne Jones and some money on a midfielder and I will be over the moon!

We are also talking resale-value here ;)

Vieri? Van Der Meyde?

Mein Gott!! Wo ist das Geld Herr Williams?

Bob, I see your wife is posting for you again.

Slightly early one...

KENWYNE JONES...doing a bit on him in paper tomorrow, definitely on the list and a hot one...however Sunderland have to get their men in first...so it will depend on that...obviously if another Rovers target becomes available between now and then the whole picture changes again...this chase is going to go on.

ANDY VAN DER MEYDE...contain your excitement...but he is definitely still an option...due to go to Austria...if he is not already there...oh dear.

NEWCASTLE...this takeover thing could be very close...but some people are telling porkies at that club...so we shall see.

YOUR NEIGHBOURS...had Pancrate in today, but I don't think he has done enough to impress.

Do you get all your newspaper reports from messageboards?

Absolutely - but thats already the case. There's not one of our players whose destiny is in our hands. If a bigger club came in for any of our squad, we would lose them. Its really that simple.

Thats correct T4G, thats the way football is at the moment. A contract means nothing anymore.

u never know if spurs get another forward in, they might let him go for under £10m, or we could offer them a player as well in part of the deal!

I think they are full of confidence in that. The last player they got from us turned out to be a real success :P

u never know if spurs get another forward in, they might let him go for under £10m, or we could offer them a player as well in part of the deal!

So who do you want to offer them? Sam has said nobody else is leaving, and I don't think we can afford to lose anybody else.

Spur's wouldn't drop their price if they got another player in, his price is his price, they don't have to sell.

So who do you want to offer them? Sam has said nobody else is leaving, and I don't think we can afford to lose anybody else.

Spur's wouldn't drop their price if they got another player in, his price is his price, they don't have to sell.

sam has said he still might be willing to trade players out of the club. They didn't get their full asking price for Zokora did they?

bent linked to us in the sun this morning.

And the Lancashire Telegraph.

You have to laugh. This is all part of Big Sam's "Mind Games". Quality stuff from the big man that even Sir Alex Ferguson would be proud of. As follows: Sunderland are mincing about with their bids for Big Crouchy and Big Dazza Bent. All teed up apparently but it still hasn't happened. Meanwhile Rovers are linked heavily with Big Kenwyn Jones from Sunderland but he's not available until they get a replacement(s). Big Sam, not known for his patience (or maybe he is?) decides to force the issue by saying "Well if you won't sign Big Dazza then we will" thus forcing Sunderland to get a move on and do their business quickly but in reality we're really after Kevin Davies.

sam has said he still might be willing to trade players out of the club. They didn't get their full asking price for Zokora did they?

Sam said Warnock & Samba wont be leaving though - who else do you think Spurs would take from us? Pedersen maybe?

Sam said Warnock & Samba wont be leaving though - who else do you think Spurs would take from us? Pedersen maybe?

exactly, Redknapp has always liked MGP and spurs have been linked with him in the past, plus i think they are in the market for a new left winger as well

Think they might have done as the deal fell through a few weeks ago when Sevilla only offered €8m, they paid €10m yesterday to complete the deal.

He's been linked to them every other transfer window so why the hell not.

That was my point to be fair, who else do we trade if we are keeping Warnock and Samba?

I just wish clubs like Sunderland & Spurs would get on with things and then the market will become abit more open, and a few more players should start coming available.

Why are they moving so slow?!

Because they are waiting for the likes of us to make some moves so the market opens up a little... Gridlock...

Don't we have a Kenwyne Jones in Jason Roberts??? A threat to defenses, but can't shoot on target... :wacko:

Utterly different types of player entirely. Jones is awesome in the air. Roberts can't head a ball to save his life. Fair enough both can't finish, but I think Jones can improve in that regard. He has scored some great goals.

Archived