BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers Transfer Topic

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sam should look at Maniche for midfield.

Quality player on a free.

Is he now a striker? Has he become taller? If you answer yes to both, then he might interest Sam

Get out clauses PROTECT the selling club ( Rovers ) against losing players "on the cheap".

We got a better deal for Roque BECAUSE of the get out clause.

As long as the contract is set at the right level then a get out clause is hugely BENEFICIAL to us - as Eddie correctly pointed out.

WHO THE HELL DO SOME OF OUR FANS THINK WE ARE - thank god we have the people we do have running the club and not some of the BRFCS idiots..............................................................................

As I drove back today from dingleland I took the opportuinty to have sneak around Brockhall having seen 2 very sleek dark Range Rovers and one of those large Audi's drive down there coming from the direction of Preston. I couldnt see who was in them but it looked liked a total of 7 people between them.

By the time I got down there they were all parked up. Only saw 2 lads milling around (ground staff) who declined to speak.

A few moments later the Audi drove away with a clearly obvious agent, aged approx 50 silver/grey hair carrying a brief case and on the phone almost immediately. No idea who he was but the car had a private reg suggesting its an English based chappie.

Any ideas Alan ?

Sam wasnt one of them as when I drove onto Ewood to pick up my towel and shirt for my hols he was talking to fans outside the Rovers shop.

As I drove back today from dingleland I took the opportuinty to have sneak around Brockhall having seen 2 very sleek dark Range Rovers and one of those large Audi's drive down there coming from the direction of Preston. I couldnt see who was in them but it looked liked a total of 7 people between them.

By the time I got down there they were all parked up. Only saw 2 lads milling around (ground staff) who declined to speak.

A few moments later the Audi drove away with a clearly obvious agent, aged approx 50 silver/grey hair carrying a brief case and on the phone almost immediately. No idea who he was but the car had a private reg suggesting its an English based chappie.

Any ideas Alan ?

Sam wasnt one of them as when I drove onto Ewood to pick up my towel and shirt for my hols he was talking to fans outside the Rovers shop.

Sam talks to fans, while agents are at Brockhall? Seems strange, or does anybody know if JW does all the deals and negotiating.

Any ideas Alan ?

Did you drive straight from Brockhall to Ewood? He could easily have beaten you there, especially if you detoured, and it'd explain why he'd be stood outside the ground (having just arrived).

Sam talks to fans, while agents are at Brockhall? Seems strange, or does anybody know if JW does all the deals and negotiating.

I do recall one manager stating that he decides on the players he wants and JW does the negotiating, then the manager speaks to the player when some kind of dealis Ok!!

I do recall one manager stating that he decides on the players he wants and JW does the negotiating, then the manager speaks to the player when some kind of dealis Ok!!

Cheers Kelbo. Sounds fair enough that.

Sure it wasn't Nico? :lol:

Just a snippet but his name has gone round the continent through a pushy agent and was in talks with Panathaniakos last week.

LUCAS BARRIOS - 6ft 4.

Anyone heard about him?

If we're going to spend £7m+ on Janko, then this guy must be worth a look given his goals per game ratio!

Dear God no. Not Baros. He was always an over rated fanny magnet. At least Garcia had skill and could put the ball in an open net.

While I agree with you about Baro's, I think you'll find that the Special One won't agree with you on Garcia :P

With Alan & Owen written on the front screen :o

More like 'with love Alan and Coyley' lol

With Alan & Owen written on the front screen :o

More like 'with love Alan and Coyley' lol

Anyway, still thinking how on earth we sold 2 strikers and are supposedly struggling to replace them. I was under the impression according to 'i think Nicko' apologies if it wasnt you Mr Nixon, but Sam would only let them leave if he had somebody lined up. Or was it just if Derbs left, but no strikers has arrived.

Get out clauses PROTECT the selling club ( Rovers ) against losing players "on the cheap".

1] We got a better deal for Roque BECAUSE of the get out clause.

2] As long as the contract is set at the right level then a get out clause is hugely BENEFICIAL to us - as Eddie correctly pointed out.

3] WHO THE HELL DO SOME OF OUR FANS THINK WE ARE - thank god we have the people we do have running the club and not some of the BRFCS idiots..............................................................................

1] How much did we get and how much would City have paid without the clause?

2] How is it beneficial? It certainly gives the buying club a stranglehold over the selling club. There's nothing to say that City paid the full asking price, is there? I can't really see the benefit to the selling club. Mark Hughes was entirely in control of Rocky's destination this summer, we had no say in it. Benitez was in control of Bellamy's coming season - not us. Chelsea decided if and when Duff joined them, - we didn't. I just don't see the benefit to the selling club.

3] Try making a reasoned argument, if that's possible Tash - Dummy.

1] How much did we get and how much would City have paid without the clause? LESS

2] How is it beneficial? It certainly gives the buying club a stranglehold over the selling club. There's nothing to say that City paid the asking price, is there? NO

3] Try making a reasoned argument, if that's possible Tash - Dummy. AS BELOW

I refer the honourable gentleman to the answer I gave some moments ago.................................................

I know what you're getting at because generally that is right, but we got shafted with the Bellamy fee because of his release clause. £6 million was a fraction of his worth after the season he'd had and I'm sure Hughes wouldn't have wanted to sell him for that, given the choice.

I know what you're getting at because generally that is right, but we got shafted with the Bellamy fee because of his release clause. £6 million was a fraction of his worth after the season he'd had and I'm sure Hughes wouldn't have wanted to sell him for that, given the choice.

But you could argue - what protection? If Rocky hadn't got his move, he had already threatened to let his contract run down. There's no protection there.

The only argument that I can see in favour of these clauses, is that the player might not join in the first place. That doesn't seem to happen much elsewhere, but I could be wrong there.

• Backroom

Get-out clauses can often persuade bigger "stars" to come to smaller clubs, because they know that at the right price they'll be allowed to go to a bigger club, should they manage to perform well. Would Bellamy have come here without the clause? Would Santa Cruz have signed his new deal without his? Sometimes a club of our size has to include that type of clause to get or keep a player, just the way it is.

But you could argue - what protection? If Rocky hadn't got his move, he had already threatened to let his contract run down. There's no protection there.

The only argument that I can see in favour of these clauses, is that the player might not join in the first place. That doesn't seem to happen much elsewhere, but I could be wrong there.

Thats the point of a contract though Den. You sign a player for a certain amount of time. You either keep that player for that designated period, or you get adequately compensated if he leaves earlier. Thanks to the clause we managed that. If he'd been willing to run his contract down then fine. The club gets in to all contracts knowing that this is a possibility.

I agree - it was set at the wrong level - that is critical as I said earlier.

Who told you about the Rolls?

Is nothing secret any more?

If there are any of the Toon fans about...what do you hear about the takeover??????

Been on this one for the past three hours.

My housemate is a Toon fan. Reckons that Malaysians have been shown around twice but they're not offering as much as Ashley would like and the tours are just a media exercise to pressure Shepherd and some Americans in to putting a serious bid in.

Very little known about the takeover up here though (I live in Newcastle for the record!)

Archived