BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The guy is 21 yrs old. Coming to another country all by himself.

Getting slated after his first performance. Being a striker is a lot about having the right confidence.

I am surprised that people are slating him off and saying its a new Grabbi.

To all of you who have been playing the game yourselves - you know how hard it is to have a influence on the game when you get subbed in, the team is down by 3 and now one is caring anymore.

Give they half a season before judging him! Roberts have had a lot of seasons, and almost cost ut the premiership last season. I dont know why he is being given the chance to relegate us again?

It's not the right time to judge Kalinic. Im sure most of you remember the situation when Pedersen came....he was absolutely awful and got dropped out of the entire squad for about 3 months. So maybe we need to forget about Kalinic for now, build him up a bit, bring him back in January in the 3rd round where he will score, then continue to play amazingly well, then score the winner at turf moor. Then get linked with Spurs. I should be manager.

I agree. He is very eager to please on the pitch. That is obvious from every second of his performances. Id like him to start tonight and also the next league name, irrespective of his performance tonight. I think he is the type of player that needs confidence and love from the squad and management, as well as fans.

How will people feel if he looks complete rubbish against forest. The excuses must stop he has enough time to train and bed in now.

I'm not sure. The times I've seen him he looked rubbish against Gillingham and very promising against West Ham. Inexplicably he was not given a chance to bag a goal when we were 3-0 up against Wolves, instead we made 2 defensive changes.

Tonight is a big game for him, but bear in mind the intangibles. If Sam sticks him up front on his own and plays Andrews in midfield the boy will need a miracle to look good.

I'm not sure. The times I've seen him he looked rubbish against Gillingham and very promising against West Ham. Inexplicably he was not given a chance to bag a goal when we were 3-0 up against Wolves, instead we made 2 defensive changes.

Tonight is a big game for him, but bear in mind the intangibles. If Sam sticks him up front on his own and plays Andrews in midfield the boy will need a miracle to look good.

To be fair to Sam, one of those changes was forced.

We need our 6m forward getting minutes on the pitch to get his confidence up. Doing anything other than bringing him on at 3-0 up is ridiculous. When will we next be in that position?

Agreed. Keep him benched when we're 3-0 up against Wolves but bring him on with we're 3-0 down to Everton? I don't see the logic, especially with Sam's own creed about bedding him in.

Archived