BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Oh for God's sake.

THERE IS A MIDDLE GROUND.

We don't have to play like a Sunday league team! How about we adopt the football approach of: Sunderland, Burnley, Birmingham, West Ham, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Everton, Portsmouth, etc, etc...

We have good players - but seem terrified to use them in the proper way. Any footballing system which stifles players own dynamism, creativity or freedom to express themselves is an absolute non-starter in my opinion. This is professional football at the highest level.

sunderland, everton, villa all play direct styles of football... like ourselves! when everton finished 4th they used to bang the ball into the channels and play for corners and freekicks.

one of our strengths is now the long throw and we do pump the ball long a fair bit, but also

i think we've played some decent stuff in our opening 2 games,maybe you should have got yourself down to ewood/ up to the stadium of light. ;):D

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm excited that we've signed a future star. I really hope he takes his time to settle into our country and team because then we'll see the best of him. We've seen in the past when we put too much pressure on them to perform and settle quickly for it all to end up going wrong. We've spent a lot of money on him and we've signed him on a long term deal so we need to remember that and just be patient. If he settles quickly then that's a bonus. If it takes him a year then fine as long as we support him and help him settle.

His first touch, yesterday, saw him barged off the ball unceremoniously.

From that moment on, he got stuck in and showed some good touches.

I think he has the makings of a very good player for us.

There is no mention of a win against Burnley. Did we win ?

4 - 1. It's back page of the LT. He scored one, didn't have time to read it through as I was on my way out the house. You can't read too much into these sort of games obviously but it sure is a darned sight better than getting turned over 4-1!!

Haha, I see Vinjay is back to his old tricks (check out the comments field).

I just had a strange vision in which Kalinic bagged a hat trick for Croatia, and then tearing his knee ligaments whilst in the process of celebrating his third goal :o *Touches wood* I always fear for the worst when our players get called up to their national squads.

Above all he needs playing time - looks to have something about him but has looked like caught in headlights thus far seen possibly over eagerness - however got more into it as the game went on on Saturday and certainly looks more than being a dud.

My 1st glance of Kalinic yesterday. He looked lively & pro-active. We live in hope!!!

Go along with that line of thought cletus, fingers crossed though.

Big Sam said it would take a while for the lad to adjust so hopefully the senoir players can guide the lad along at a comfortable pace allowing him time to settle.

LET says Dunn scored. Salgado "starred" at right back and Emerton played the majority of the match - probably at right wing.

Found this on another MB, there team was.

Penny

Ekersley

Edgar

Duff

Kalvanes

Eagles

Gudjonsson

Alex Ray-Harvey

Guerrero

Thompson

Rodriguez

Almost all are in or around there main squad I think, including nicko's little gem.

Archived