BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
However, after a couple of beers i calmed down and ended up watching it. I'm sorry, but some people on here must have been introduced to football in the last couple of weeks to have made such ill informed posts. I was lead to believe his final missed chance was an open goal sitter. Ala Kanu or Ronnie Rosental. The guy managed to get the ball under control in quite a frenzied situation and get his shot away. OK i admit the shot was poor. You would hope it would have been on target or closer to being so. But it was a snap shot from a keen to impress big money signing who is 21 years old!! Someone posted something along the lines of "I could have knocked it in with my **** ". Well whoever it was must be a significantly better lover than i am! There were atleast 4-5 players including a keeper in front of the "open goal"!

Patrick... what I was referring to in all my previous posts wasn't in reference to that shot at the end. That was just what really blew my cap. After a series of embarassing miskicks and misses and stray passes, that final miss in the end was the icing on the cake. How do you expect a fan to react to that sort of performance? I don't think anyone is honestly writing him off, but credit where credit is due, and criticism where it's due as well.

Maybe we were all just expecting too much following the brilliant start to the season by N'zonzi and we were expecting something similar from Kalinic.

How do you expect a fan to react to that sort of performance? I don't think anyone is honestly writing him off, but credit where credit is due, and criticism where it's due as well.

I expect a fan to give a 21 year old new signing a little bit of time to settle in. Especially when we won the game anyway.

Young players need time and just because N'zonzi has got off to a good start doesn't mean Kalinic will. It also doesn't mean Kalinic won't improve sooner or later. He has had less time to prepare, but his pedigree and record is decent enough to suggest he will come good.

I wish people wouldn't get on the young players' backs so quickly. Ollson, Hoillet, Kalinic and N'zonzi need support and time to develop.

All four of them have talent, it just needs some guidance and patience.

People are blaming Kalinic for Saturdays defeat but we conceded two bad goals when we were a goal up. The senior players in the back four were responsible for those.

I expect a fan to give a 21 year old new signing a little bit of time to settle in. Especially when we won the game anyway.

Young players need time and just because N'zonzi has got off to a good start doesn't mean Kalinic will. It also doesn't mean Kalinic won't improve sooner or later. He has had less time to prepare, but his pedigree and record is decent enough to suggest he will come good.

I wish people wouldn't get on the young players' backs so quickly. Ollson, Hoillet, Kalinic and N'zonzi need support and time to develop.

People are blaming Kalinic for Saturdays defeat but we conceded two bad goals when we were a goal up. The senior players in the back four were responsible for those.

No... we lost 2-1?

I didn't see the Gillingham game, so have no idea how he performed.

After 1 game? Sure I'lll be patient, but if he's like that after 3 or more then I won't be that patient anymore. You can be patient with someone like N'zonzi who's consistent and doesn't make many mistakes, but hasn't exactly been brilliant. I'm not very patient with Olsson though, who's consistently shown that he is poor defensively. So playing him there seems pointless to me.

I don't know if anyone's actually blamed Kalinic for Saturday's defeat, at least not that I've seen. Myself, I've pointed out that he was awful on Saturday, but I haven't made any suggestion that he was the reason for our loss.

After 1 game? Sure I'lll be patient, but if he's like that after 3 or more then I won't be that patient anymore.

Think your contradicting yourself in the space of one sentence there. ;)

The reason we are having to play him already is because we can't rely on Roberts or Benni putting the ball in the net at the moment and they have been here more than 3 years.

Kalinic might prove to be a shocker but let's give him more time. Some of the posts about him have been too harsh too quickly.

People complained that our team was too old for the last few years and the minute we get some younger players they want to stick the boot into them the first mistake they make.

Olssen doesn't seem the best defensively but has raw talent and pace and I would like to see him playing further forward.

N'zonzi has made a great start and is one of the positive things we can take from the start of the season. He looks like he could turn into a very valuable player.

Can't be Salgado's influence, Splitscreen. Such is his virility that, if they were to share the shower with him, then it would be broken backs, necks and jaws along with shattered pelvises keeping them out of the team.

Good grief, it would look like the scene out of Kill Bill Vol 1 where Uma kills and dismembers the entire Crazy 88 gang.

When you were battered at school, as you surely were, just for being an irritating, inept and inadequate member of any social group, did you dream of wreaking your revenge on cruel society through collecting more stamps than anyone else? Or perhaps writing angry letters to the paper about BROKEN BRITAIN ? Or, having worked out how to spell HELLO upside down on a calculator, did you then realise that you could squeal inanities through technology rather than in person thus avoiding previous well deserved shoeings? That must have been a nirvana moment. Despite no knowledge of football, the game, structure, or how a team works, through a keyboard and a screen you can sneer to your hearts content safe in the knowledge that No Mates Is a Good Thing, because no one knows who Densey Spensey is, and so no one an put your windows through. Congratulations.

Pot. Kettle?

The lad needs the senior pro's to pull thier weight, take the pressure off whilst he gets used to the league.

No... we lost 2-1?

I didn't see the Gillingham game, so have no idea how he performed.

After 1 game? Sure I'lll be patient, but if he's like that after 3 or more then I won't be that patient anymore. You can be patient with someone like N'zonzi who's consistent and doesn't make many mistakes, but hasn't exactly been brilliant. I'm not very patient with Olsson though, who's consistently shown that he is poor defensively. So playing him there seems pointless to me.

I don't know if anyone's actually blamed Kalinic for Saturday's defeat, at least not that I've seen. Myself, I've pointed out that he was awful on Saturday, but I haven't made any suggestion that he was the reason for our loss.

Who was the Arsenal youngster almost hounded out of the club last year but is really cutting it this year, scored last night too!!

With younger players, things do take time, give the lad a chance, yes, he snatched at a couple on Saturday, but I looked at some of his finishing on you tube and his finishes were precise and good ones too, I think it was pure nerves, he got into the positions well, worked well off the ball, I feel sure he will come, for you cant finish so clinically in one league and not in another if you get into the right areas, he certainly does that, thats why he missed three chances by getting there in the first place.

I do think though he will be better alongside another striker as he doesnt look as though he can play as a 1 up top and needs the ball into the channels and in and around the six yard box, as I said when we signed him, his game is very similar to Gary Linekar as he attacks space.

Shearer has a serious problem with Rovers.

He wants to be seen as the Geordie centre foward hero in the Millburn tradition but he knows he is only a legend because of what he did whilst he was at Rovers.

The Rovers fans booing Shearer undoubtedly hurt a man of his ego so of course he is going to have it in for anyone wearing the shirt he used to wear at Ewood.

This Croatian League/ Premier League thing has truth but is being over done- the Croatian teams are a darned sight more useful than the standard you'd find in Scotland or Austria picking a couple of places at random.

I have seen zero footage of Kalinic playing for Rovers thus far so I am not going to comment on the player himself.

Its a shame really that he never gives us much praise considering we got the best years out of him, he won his only honour here and he is regarded by many to the greatest player ever to play for us (well certainly by the younger generation, myself included).

Shearer himself went through blips in his career where he couldn't find the net no matter how hard he tried. Its far too early to write off young Nikola, its not just on the field he has to adjust but it will come as a big culture shock off the field as well.

From what i've seen of him he is just lacking a bit of confidence and suffering from nerves. Once he gets used to the style of play and gets his first goal i am confident he will start banging the goals in.

I expect a fan to give a 21 year old new signing a little bit of time to settle in.

Amen Winston! How did Modric first look for Spurs?! Now look at him. Takes time to adjust, they often say it can take 12 months. Hopefully Kalinic will come good, yes he fluffed a couple of chances in his first game for a few months, but he was unfit, rusty and not expecting to play much. He was also on his debut so nervous.

Give him time Miker. 3 games isnt enough either.

I love your posts.

You're the Russell Brand of Blackburn.

Is that because of the rambling incoherence? Or because he's one of the most hated men in Britain?

Also, from the Gillingham thread match reports:

We were the better team all game, but only really dominated the last 20 minutes. Quite often, especially in the first half, we found very little rhythm despite the early goal and we looked vulnerable on the counter attack, especially in the full back positions. We did hoof it quite a lot it has to be said.

First half we were pretty awful except for the goal we scored.

Overall it was a decent enough performance - we did what was needed but we were lucky that Gillingham were truly awful.

It seems not everyone saw the deluded Parsonblue's "very attractive passing football" :lol:

That quote from Joey is pretty accurate, although Gillingham definitely should have scored at least one in the first half. Also, I didn't see much hoofing on Tuesday, the game was played by and large on the ground. It wasn't spectacular flowing football in the first half, but it was far from long-ball football. The second half was much better as well, it must be said.

Sorry Spencey, but on the basis of the Gillingham game, there wasn't an awful lot of difference in terms of style than what we were used to under Ince and Hughes.

Sorry Spencey, but on the basis of the Gillingham game, there wasn't an awful lot of difference in terms of style than what we were used to under Ince and Hughes.

Against lower League One opposition I would certainly hope we tried to pass the ball!

Can't we try to play football against decent teams too? The evidence so far suggests that we won't be.

Against lower League One opposition I would certainly hope we tried to pass the ball!

Can't we try to play football against decent teams too? The evidence so far suggests that we won't be.

Matey,If you don't moderate your criticism you'll end up talking to yourself ( maybe you do already ). Try to mix in a bit of positive thinking from time to time, your brand of unremitting knocking of everything blue and white is getting boring.

I have a go at the players and management team regularly but when I see something to praise I like to mention that as well.

Yeah lets play football like West Brom tried last year, that worked well didn't it, If we tried to be Arsenal every week we'd lose every game 5 nil

Yeah lets play football like West Brom tried last year, that worked well didn't it, If we tried to be Arsenal every week we'd lose every game 5 nil

Oh for God's sake.

THERE IS A MIDDLE GROUND.

We don't have to play like a Sunday league team! How about we adopt the football approach of: Sunderland, Burnley, Birmingham, West Ham, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Everton, Portsmouth, etc, etc...

We have good players - but seem terrified to use them in the proper way. Any footballing system which stifles players own dynamism, creativity or freedom to express themselves is an absolute non-starter in my opinion. This is professional football at the highest level.

How about we adopt the football approach of: Sunderland, Burnley, Birmingham, West Ham, Tottenham, Aston Villa, Fulham, Wigan, Everton,

Have you ever seen Villa play? They pass the ball less than nearly every one in the Premier League. That is a fact.

How do you put someone on ignore? I can't find it.

View Member Profile > Options > Ignore.

Not that it does much good when everyone continues to quote him. Troll should be suspended until he learns to stop beating a dead horse.

Archived