BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Most stupidest post ever. One of the best strikers in Shevchenko failed in this league, as did Pizzaro. If you honestly think a young lad should just enter this league and bang them in, then you must be crazy. His movement off the ball was good. I thought maybe he was just too eager to impress, and this just made him lose focus.

Because I claimed anywhere in my post that he should be banging them in? I don't expect any player to "bang them in" as soon as they start playing in the Premier League, but there's a difference between gettings your shots off target and completely missing the ball with your foot or kicking it in the other direction. I don't know how anyone can feel assured by that performance, you can only hope that he will get better from here. The only real chances he got were rebounds from when other people got into good positions to actually SHOOT ON GOAL. The one chance which he made for himself was a complete shambles, he ended up getting the ball and getting into the box through sheer persistence rather than any indication of technique or skill.

Shevchenko and Pizzarro were part of a team with plenty alternatives, we don't have that luxury. If Di Santo is injured and Kalinic isn't ready then that just leaves us with Roberts and McCarthy, do you feel assured going into the next game with just those 2 at your disposal?

Please keep your innane insults to yourself.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The post that started all this too, started with an innaccurate slur as over the years, MOTD have done focus' on alot of our players, when they are FEATURE worthy. This includes drooling over Friedel, Tugay, Jansen, Dunn, Duff, Bellamy, Pedersen, Bentley and Santa Cruz as well as ridiculing the obsured such as Davies and Grabbi. Infact, I can think of more instances where they have spent time praising our players, as opposed to slating them.

These features you talk about are very, very rare. The last time I remember a feature on a Rovers player was on what a brilliant holding midfield Keith Andrews was. :P

Whenever they show something positive about a player of ours it's usually followed by a oh I think he'll be off to a bigger club in the summer. Which is true the majority of the time but doesn't really need to be said.

I don't mind them critising our players it was more the fact it was the lads debut and they've basically written him off as a flop. Imagine if Nikola was watching it, not exactly going to boost his confidence is it.

I don't think Kalinic should even have played in that game, he clearly couldn't have been ready. Also - and because you all expect it of me - Pogrebnyak would have been a much better signing. (I see he's already off the mark for Stuttgart, and would have been fit and available from Match Day #1.)

I've seen Pogrebnak in a couple of games for Stuttgart and he's looked very poor. I couldn't help feeling that Rovers had a lucky escape there. At least Kalanic was getting into positions and was putting himself about.

Some hysterical reactions on here about Kalanic btw :rolleyes:

As Sam says it's all there he needs a bit of time.

Article I found.

Nikola Kalinic - Striker - Hajduk Split

The youngster from Solin is being touted as the most talented Croatian player for a decade and after viewing the striker’s goalscoring record, it is not hard to see why. The 21 year-old has scored over 40 goals for Hajduk Split since breaking into the first-team two years ago.

Kalinic’s impressive perfromances for club and at national youth level has resulted in the national team manager Slaven Bilic describing him as the ‘future of Croatian football.’ The number nine has so far failed to score in his first three appearances for the national team, however his record of 30 goals in 35 appearances at youth level highlights the goalscoring instinct that Nikola possesses.

The young striker has been dubbed the ‘Croatian Ibrahimovic’ by the press because of the flair and skill he possesses combined with his calmness in front of goal. It is these qualities that have been attracting clubs worldwide and it is hard to see Kalinic entertaining the crowds at the Poljud Stadium next season. Rafael Benitez is a known admirer and sees him as ideal competition for Fernando Torres while Palermo believe he can follow in the big footsteps of Luca Toni and Amauri.

I'm confident he will come good.

:lol: lardarse went on national radio and said we would not see nichola for 8-9 games and he throws him in at the deep end on saturday,many a bad debut have destroyed young players surely saving him for the gills would have been better.and i have a piece of advice for him,put yout boots on the right feet son B)

be fair people, he has trained with us three times and played one game,and some are writing him off, give him a fair chance.

For me when he has had time to settle in to the team he will do just fine, which means about 15 goals this season.

I think it's absurd to write the guy off after one game, when he is presumably not fit and is just starting to adjust to a new life etc. Does anybody have any patience nowadays? Quite a few overseas players have struggled to adjust, and a lot of those didn't click until their second season. Get behind the guy rather than slaughtering him. You don't get capped by Croatia if your technique is as poor as his finishing appeared on saturday. He just needs to settle in and get fit and get used to the game here, which is totally different to what he is used to.

I think it's absurd to write the guy off after one game, when he is presumably not fit and is just starting to adjust to a new life etc. Does anybody have any patience nowadays? Quite a few overseas players have struggled to adjust, and a lot of those didn't click until their second season. Get behind the guy rather than slaughtering him. You don't get capped by Croatia if your technique is as poor as his finishing appeared on saturday. He just needs to settle in and get fit and get used to the game here, which is totally different to what he is used to.

Great post, Bilic is no mug and he wouldnt have given himthe accolades if he was poor!!

I wasn't going to write anything on the subject of the lads debut as i hoped most would see the blindingly obvious facts.

He is getting slaughtered by so many people and its completely unjustified. I was working on Saturday and had the misfortune of keeping up with events via the radio and comments on here. Come the final whistle i was a broken man. I thought we'd signed a complete dud. I went home in a foul mood determined not to subject myself to the misery of MOTD.

However, after a couple of beers i calmed down and ended up watching it. I'm sorry, but some people on here must have been introduced to football in the last couple of weeks to have made such ill informed posts. I was lead to believe his final missed chance was an open goal sitter. Ala Kanu or Ronnie Rosental. The guy managed to get the ball under control in quite a frenzied situation and get his shot away. OK i admit the shot was poor. You would hope it would have been on target or closer to being so. But it was a snap shot from a keen to impress big money signing who is 21 years old!! Someone posted something along the lines of "I could have knocked it in with my **** ". Well whoever it was must be a significantly better lover than i am! There were atleast 4-5 players including a keeper in front of the "open goal"!

The 1st chance he fashioned out of persistence and desire. Ok his final shot was poor but it was from about 18 yards out and again not a situation where he had plenty of time to pick his spot. If you want a striker who will consistantly score from those positions then i suggest you find a new side to support. Because i believe Man City have just had to pay £25m for a player of such ilk.

Before its said, i know my above comments pretty much describe Jason Roberts. But until Kalinic has failed in a 'Robertesque' situation (ie 1 on 1 with a keeper whilst clean through) i'm going to reserve judgment on his composure and goal scoring abaility. Give the lad time. Give him the support he needs.

I wasn't going to write anything on the subject of the lads debut as i hoped most would see the blindingly obvious facts.

He is getting slaughtered by so many people and its completely unjustified. I was working on Saturday and had the misfortune of keeping up with events via the radio and comments on here. Come the final whistle i was a broken man. I thought we'd signed a complete dud. I went home in a foul mood determined not to subject myself to the misery of MOTD.

However, after a couple of beers i calmed down and ended up watching it. I'm sorry, but some people on here must have been introduced to football in the last couple of weeks to have made such ill informed posts. I was lead to believe his final missed chance was an open goal sitter. Ala Kanu or Ronnie Rosental. The guy managed to get the ball under control in quite a frenzied situation and get his shot away. OK i admit the shot was poor. You would hope it would have been on target or closer to being so. But it was a snap shot from a keen to impress big money signing who is 21 years old!! Someone posted something along the lines of "I could have knocked it in with my **** ". Well whoever it was must be a significantly better lover than i am! There were atleast 4-5 players including a keeper in front of the "open goal"!

The 1st chance he fashioned out of persistence and desire. Ok his final shot was poor but it was from about 18 yards out and again not a situation where he had plenty of time to pick his spot. If you want a striker who will consistantly score from those positions then i suggest you find a new side to support. Because i believe Man City have just had to pay £25m for a player of such ilk.

Before its said, i know my above comments pretty much describe Jason Roberts. But until Kalinic has failed in a 'Robertesque' situation (ie 1 on 1 with a keeper whilst clean through) i'm going to reserve judgment on his composure and goal scoring abaility. Give the lad time. Give him the support he needs.

Great post PatrickV!

:lol: lardarse went on national radio and said we would not see nichola for 8-9 games and he throws him in at the deep end on saturday,many a bad debut have destroyed young players surely saving him for the gills would have been better.and i have a piece of advice for him,put yout boots on the right feet son B)

waggy, do you spend the whole day just trying to pis* people off! not posted on here much, but i get the feeling already!

Great post PatrickV!

Agreed, I too was waiting to see this awefull miss and was surprised to see so many bods infront of the "open goal".

He did look handy, hopefully he'll go on to prove just how good over the course of the season.

He has taken the plunge now, so to speak, his first team debut out the way and confidence will grow as will match sharpness.

Somebody really needs to show our players how to warm up.

When you were battered at school, as you surely were, just for being an irritating, inept and inadequate member of any social group, did you dream of wreaking your revenge on cruel society through collecting more stamps than anyone else? Or perhaps writing angry letters to the paper about BROKEN BRITAIN ? Or, having worked out how to spell HELLO upside down on a calculator, did you then realise that you could squeal inanities through technology rather than in person thus avoiding previous well deserved shoeings? That must have been a nirvana moment. Despite no knowledge of football, the game, structure, or how a team works, through a keyboard and a screen you can sneer to your hearts content safe in the knowledge that No Mates Is a Good Thing, because no one knows who Densey Spensey is, and so no one an put your windows through. Congratulations.

Miracles are now occurring in your strange cyber world. Despite not being within two hundred miles of the trash town of Gillingham you are able to denounce the long ball game - one that no other Rover who was there actually witnessed. And some more. Despite the influx of class acts like Givet, Nzoni, Hoilett (Jansen with pace) you are able to ridicule transfer policy in some twisted analysis which suggests you are not actually witnessing the real world, but rather Championship Footer For Special People 09 Version stroking the keyboard that makes you so brave. When you outVinjay Vinjay for screeching irrelevancies you have major problems. Hmm. On reflection. Do you come from Gillingham?

This topic is warming up nicely, must bookmark it for tomorrow. :D

If anyone's listened to Sam's comments on Rovers player then Kalinic came off because of a slight groin problem, that's why he came off at half time, not because he was poor or because he had a yellow card.

Doesn't sound like it's a bad one, I expect he'll be in the squad for West Ham.

i knew this would start as soon as they met Salgado in the showers. :huh:

When you were battered at school, as you surely were, just for being an irritating, inept and inadequate member of any social group, did you dream of wreaking your revenge on cruel society through collecting more stamps than anyone else? Or perhaps writing angry letters to the paper about BROKEN BRITAIN ? Or, having worked out how to spell HELLO upside down on a calculator, did you then realise that you could squeal inanities through technology rather than in person thus avoiding previous well deserved shoeings? That must have been a nirvana moment. Despite no knowledge of football, the game, structure, or how a team works, through a keyboard and a screen you can sneer to your hearts content safe in the knowledge that No Mates Is a Good Thing, because no one knows who Densey Spensey is, and so no one an put your windows through. Congratulations.

Miracles are now occurring in your strange cyber world. Despite not being within two hundred miles of the trash town of Gillingham you are able to denounce the long ball game - one that no other Rover who was there actually witnessed. And some more. Despite the influx of class acts like Givet, Nzoni, Hoilett (Jansen with pace) you are able to ridicule transfer policy in some twisted analysis which suggests you are not actually witnessing the real world, but rather Championship Footer For Special People 09 Version stroking the keyboard that makes you so brave. When you outVinjay Vinjay for screeching irrelevancies you have major problems. Hmm. On reflection. Do you come from Gillingham?

I love your posts.

You're the Russell Brand of Blackburn.

Archived