BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Just to let you know...Rovers have asked for Kalinic to be kept off international duty and this was granted by Slaven Bilic last night...only heard about it this morning.

By the way, all four goals were offside.

:lol:

Guerrero's was a beauty, of course.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just to let you know...Rovers have asked for Kalinic to be kept off international duty and this was granted by Slaven Bilic last night...only heard about it this morning.

By the way, all four goals were offside.

:lol:

Guerrero's was a beauty, of course.

who scored the other two goals? apart from kalinic and dunn

ha ha, I was waiting for something of that ilk Nicko.

You didnt happen to be there by any chance did you, I'd like to know what Kalinic's goal was like. Could have been a tap in or could have been a nice long range finish.

I only heard about it after the game had happened...even Coyley didn't go...too busy signing Nugent.

Told it was a decent game, certainly enough playing. No details apart from hearing Guerrero v Salgado was a vintage tussle.

I wonder if we where something like this. with VDM getting a run out at some stage just to see where he is at, with others from the reserves filling the bench.

.....................Fielding

Salgado....Jones.......Nelson....Hall

......................Reid

.....Diouf....Emerton......Dunn

...........Marshall.....Kalinic

I am beginning to wonder just how much homework Sam did on this bloke.

Given where Pompey are, pinching one of their projected signing is hardly looking likely to be an automatic steal. Would we have bid for him had Pompey not done the groundwork? How many full games did Sam see him in I wonder?

And for it then to seem we only need one striker in the team at any one time - if Sam had figured that out in the first 8 months of his reign, would we have bid for him?

We absolutely cannot afford for a 6 million quid signing to go belly up or even be less than we have become accustomed to with Bellend, Benni and RSC

Given where Pompey are, pinching one of their projected signing is hardly looking likely to be an automatic steal. Would we have bid for him had Pompey not done the groundwork? How many full games did Sam see him in I wonder?

And for it then to seem we only need one striker in the team at any one time - if Sam had figured that out in the first 8 months of his reign, would we have bid for him?

We absolutely cannot afford for a 6 million quid signing to go belly up or even be less than we have become accustomed to with Bellend, Benni and RSC

What took you so long?

Bit slow there EIT :o

:P

I'm not writing him off ER. Haven't seen him play yet. I do suspect that we signed him off an impulse though.

We are talking Sam and not Ince though.

His name did crop up even on this web site amongst the 15 or so forwards probably moving this summer so I am pretty certain Sam and his team will have had a decent-sized dossier on him.

Found out that Kalinic agent is Sambas agent who already has close contacts with Rovers. Looks like Nicola was the cheap affordable option with the biggest potential sell on fee. We shouldnt place to much onto the shoulders of the lad just ease him in slowly.

We are talking Sam and not Ince though.

His name did crop up even on this web site amongst the 15 or so forwards probably moving this summer so I am pretty certain Sam and his team will have had a decent-sized dossier on him.

Is Big Sam a less aggressively-minded Don Revie? Didn't know Sam did dossiers.

I'm not writing him off ER. Haven't seen him play yet. I do suspect that we signed him off an impulse though.

It will have been an impulse because it was a suprise opportunity. Not neccessarily a bad thing though if Sam had done his home work.

We need to give him time. He will get a full ninety against Forest, probably alongside Di Santo.

It will have been an impulse because it was a suprise opportunity. Not neccessarily a bad thing though if Sam had done his home work.

Now he's here, I'm very surprised that BFS wasn't at Leigh on Monday to watch his new player(s) in the reserves.

If I can drive to Leigh from Darwen in 30 mins, then from Edgworth it shouldn't be more than 20.

And if BFS has more important things to do from 7pm-9pm on a Monday night every 3 weeks than earn his reported wage and actually watch the players he's bought in a competitive environment, then that's quite disappointing.

Now he's here, I'm very surprised that BFS wasn't at Leigh on Monday to watch his new player(s) in the reserves.

If I can drive to Leigh from Darwen in 30 mins, then from Edgworth it shouldn't be more than 20.

And if BFS has more important things to do from 7pm-9pm on a Monday night every 3 weeks than earn his reported wage and actually watch the players he's bought in a competitive environment, then that's quite disappointing.

Even if he didn't go in person he'd have seen it, RoversTV film it and give him a copy.

Archived