BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Just watched the highlights, Di Santo had a good finish but his shot was off side. Why in the world was Emerton taking the penalty when Di Santo and Kalinic both wanted it?

I am kind of ###### at Emerton for doing that. IF Kalinic had scored it would probably boost his confidence.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kalinic had the ball and should of been allowed to take the penalty. After all he was clean through and about to score.

It would of been 2 in 2 for him in reserves/ friendlies and would of boosted his confidence.

Sat amongst the Academy team, it was intresting to hear the attitude of our youth players. All kept saying just how good Junior is, and that he was by far the best player on the pitch.

All kept saying just how good Junior is, and that he was by far the best player on the pitch.

[/quote}

We need to get him signed up on a long term deal, the sooner the better.

What's not been mentioned in this thread or the reserve thread is that Kalinic, against Notlob ressies, had a clear shot on goal from the edge of the box in the second half, he yet again dragged it three or four yards wide. Not wanting to sound like the merchant of doom, I think he's still uptight and trying to hard. He needs a few chill pills.

It was reported that the new contract has already been sorted in principle when Hoilett got his work permit. In fact I doubt he would have got the permit without the club showing the contract they would like to give him.

Anyway, Kalinic is only a year older than Junior and it is interesting/disturbing the Academy boys were not talking about him in the same way.

It was reported that the new contract has already been sorted in principle when Hoilett got his work permit. In fact I doubt he would have got the permit without the club showing the contract they would like to give him.

Anyway, Kalinic is only a year older than Junior and it is interesting/disturbing the Academy boys were not talking about him in the same way.

There is the worry that that was a long time ago, wonder why it hasnt been signed already? Maybe he is hedging his bets a bit.

I think Kalinic is suffering from expectation syndrome in regards to the Academy boys. I hope and pray.

Sensing an undercurrent of accute disappointment beginning to develop, let us hope he immunizes this with a few shots on goal that count.

Do they get paired up with a senior player by any chance?

On Kalinic they were split in their views - sme think he is terrible, others think he has lots of ability. Personally I think once he bags a couple of goals, he will improve alot.

Do they get paired up with a senior player by any chance?

On Kalinic they were split in their views - sme think he is terrible, others think he has lots of ability. Personally I think once he bags a couple of goals, he will improve alot.

Sorry Hughesy, who were split in their views, the Academy players? He is not much older than them and has done a fair bit more than them already in his career. That doesn't mean he is guaranteed to come good for us but it suggests given time he will. What were the positive things that some of them said?

Sorry Hughesy, who were split in their views, the Academy players? He is not much older than them and has done a fair bit more than them already in his career. That doesn't mean he is guaranteed to come good for us but it suggests given time he will. What were the positive things that some of them said?

Yes the academy players....Apparently in training he does the business...he just seems to rush most things in games (like he is too keen to impress)....He just needs to calm down, slot 1 or 2 home and then he will be away on a goalscoring run.

Yes I made that point - and said they were only jealous because he had a much bigger bank account.....they said he is good, but Junior is better....and therefore they couldnt agree why we had spent £6m on him.

Yes the academy players....Apparently in training he does the business...he just seems to rush most things in games (like he is too keen to impress)....He just needs to calm down, slot 1 or 2 home and then he will be away on a goalscoring run.

Yes I made that point - and said they were only jealous because he had a much bigger bank account.....they said he is good, but Junior is better....and therefore they couldnt agree why we had spent £6m on him.

Will the academy players not feel that Junior is one of their own - and possible be a little biased in their assessment ? Junior looks a good prospect - and probably one of our best out of the academy for a while - still think he has a way to go before he is a world beater though ;)

Archived