BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

• Backroom
Anyone know when we gona see him unviled, he got his permit yesterday so you would have thought he would be officialy presented as a rovers player today

As part of the work permit process he has to leave the country and re-enter it I believe, Hoilett did the same, I'd expect an announcement maybe tomorrow or thursday.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the point the poster is making is that it cost money that could have been better used elsewhere.

If it generates extra income for the clubs coffers Al in future years to come, no problem, but its all been a bit hush, hush.

Is it a Walker trust project or a Rovers project ?

Everyones keeping quiet on the issue.

If it generates extra income for the clubs coffers Al in future years to come, no problem, but its all been a bit hush, hush.

Is it a Walker trust project or a Rovers project ?

Everyones keeping quiet on the issue.

Not objecting to it JAL. Just trying to answer a question.

Looking forward to seeing this guy in action, a huge gamble but that's what we have been doing for the last few seasons anyway.

Sorry for going off topic but on the subject of the demolition of the school, does anyone know whats going to happen with all that rubble? it is situated right next to the away car park and bus park.

Possible problem when we play the dingles?

It probably cost about the same as paying Santa Cruz a weeks wages. Not really comparable to the entire yearly wage bill.

It's akin to blaming the Uk budget deficit on MPs wild expense claims.

Steady tiger. I don't think anybody is getting hot under the collar about it.

£5m per annum equates to a saving of just under £100k per week.

This has been done before by others more in the know, but try this:

Outs

I am estimating approx £200k saved on the outs.

Ins

I am estimating us spending approx £140k on new additions/contract improvements.

That is a net saving on the playing side of approx £60k, or £3.1m.

I tend to recall that Kalinic's 6 million included his first year's wages (and so was covered by Roque monies). If so, and if that was the pattern followed in the 'price' paid for other new players, then we have saved a considerable sum in this year's wage bill. Next year the problem will come back, but then we'll have a chance to unload some unproductive players too, so maybe the club will hit the 5 million in savings goal.

I tend to recall that Kalinic's 6 million included his first year's wages (and so was covered by Roque monies). If so, and if that was the pattern followed in the 'price' paid for other new players, then we have saved a considerable sum in this year's wage bill. Next year the problem will come back, but then we'll have a chance to unload some unproductive players too, so maybe the club will hit the 5 million in savings goal.

I just dont get this, we sold Santa Cruz for £18,000,000 less his £50,000 a week salary, = £20,600,000 (assuming the bank took half the Transfer fee, that means £11,600,000 remained, plus the £3,000,000 we received from Derbyshire, the fund should be around £14,600,000.

If we spent £6,000,000 on Kalinic, £3,500,000 on Givet, there should be around £5,100,000 left in the pot!!

And surely the wages of Ooijer, Tugay, Derbyshire, Mokoena plus others, should more than cover what we have brought in!!

Just a thought.

maybe subsidizing the lowered ticket costs might have something to do with it but either way you don't really know what is going on... Kalinic's wages might be more than we know

also some money will have saved for january incase we need someone then.

If we spent £6,000,000 on Kalinic, £3,500,000 on Givet, there should be around £5,100,000 left in the pot!!

There should be a bit more than that, as isn't the Kalinic fee payments spread over in installments?

And we got £15M from RSC. The additional £3M are performance related. So now we're in the negative. But hey, we're paying only half of Kalinic's fee now, half next August. That brings us to.. No sense in trying to calculate these - too much unknowns.

Couple of things you still need to include in your equations: The addition of Kalinic's wages (which we don't know, although £40k has been mooted somewhere on this board), the £0.4m fee for N'Zonzi. So that knocks £2.5m off your £5.1m remaining budget

You can't take Kalinic's wages out of the transfer fund! Roque was on about £60k and he's gone, so by that theory you can add another £3.1 million to the pot.

Wages and transfer funds are two separate things.

3.5m euro up front.

3.5m euro in 1 year.

500k euro at his 15th goal

15% sell-on clause AFTER PROFIT ON 7.5m euro

1.5m euro per year wages on his 4 year contract. About 25k pounds per week.

Poorly translated from Hadjuk Split:

Nikola Kalinic signed for Blackburn! Former Hajdukov attacker Kalinic put its signature on a four-year contract, which is a club with Poljud secured a record transfer of 98 years long history. Even 14 million is the total height of transfers, which is a wonderful job klupskom current čelništva. In the course of obtaining the work permit for a new attacker Blackburn and when to ensure Hajdukov account the same day will reach 3.5 million. Yet 3.5 million will pay Blackburn 16th August 2010. year and an additional 500,000 euros when Nikola reach 15th prize (regardless of time period). When Kalinic be sold in the third club, Hajduk will refer another 15 percent of the difference over the next transfer of 7.5 million! The remaining amount to 14 million Nikola will lapse in the next four seasons.

The £3m would be better in our bank, than theirs so may aswell spread it out.

Just to clear a few things up. Kalinic is on a reported 29k a week (not £40k). RSC was on 60-65k a week (not 50k).

RSC & Derbs were sold for £21m - half of which went to debts (as per Sam)... Leaving £10.5m

We have signed Givet £3m, NZonzi £0.4m, Kalinic £6m

Doesnt leave much spare from the RSC money does it.........I would however say we are currently £5.2m in wages lighter (which is on target).

The £3m would be better in our bank, than theirs so may aswell spread it out.

Not necesarily Hughesy when we are dealing in Euros.

It would be a choice that the FD would have to advise on as to whether to take the gamble that FX rate improve in the clubs favour, or that interest earned on the 3 million is better than the potential loss in FX rate.

That is a problem which doesn't come in to the equation in UK deals, and maybe due to this fact the club is less likely to throw big fees at players outside of the UK as we may get stung on the FX rate.

For instance the money we paid for Roque was say £3m at the time, depending on how we paid the money in todays terms that turns out to be £3.5m to £4m, so our profit is not quite as big as people think.

Conversely fees for UK based players are inflated as Chairmen factor things such as this in to it.

Archived