BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Portsmouth chief Peter Storrie has explained how Blackburn Rovers beat them for Hajduk Split striker Nikola Kalinic.

He told The News: "The transfer fee was pretty well agreed, all we were arguing about was payment terms because we were not in a position to put any money down.

"What I was looking to do there is make the first transfer payment in October or January and then it goes on from there.

"We were getting there but the danger is if somebody else comes in and puts the money down – which Blackburn did.

"It was really outside our control. But I think there's an issue with his work permit because he's played two out of 15 internationals.

"It will be interesting to see if they get it."

http://www.tribalfootball.com/storrie-expl...-kalinic-261924

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he was rejected a permit, this country would officially be a joke, with clowns for leaders. How can someone who in taxes will be contributing thousands of pounds A WEEK to this country be denied a permit, yet others can seemingly walk in the country contributing nothing.

However as a young international he should be fine (i'd hope).

As for the other guy jaidi, if he's been here 5 years could he not apply for citizenship and a british passport?

I really cant understand why he shouldnt get a work permit.

When United bought Mame Diouf earlier this summer, they needed a work permit.

Diouf is 21 years and has not played for his country.

Anyway, they got a work permit. Then why shouldnt Kalinic get one?

Actually that's not true. He's not going to Man Utd until January, so he doesn't need a work permit until then...a bit like Hoilett only needing one this summer.

From an article regarding his first call up to the Senegal squad@

"He has not previously played for Senegal and this call-up may be crucial when Diouf arrives in England and hopes to be awarded a work permit from the British authorities."

I think we will get a permit for him, maybe not straight away but on appeal. Didn't Nicko say appeals are now done on the same day?

I think the appeal will probably have quotes from his national manager, the fact we are paying a decent amount for him and he is regarded as a decent talent. The only worry is that we went through the process recently with Hoilett and the people on the appeals panel may feel we are taking the ###### out of the system by appealing for 2 players in such a short space of time.

I think we will get a permit for him, maybe not straight away but on appeal. Didn't Nicko say appeals are now done on the same day?

I think the appeal will probably have quotes from his national manager, the fact we are paying a decent amount for him and he is regarded as a decent talent. The only worry is that we went through the process recently with Hoilett and the people on the appeals panel may feel we are taking the ###### out of the system by appealing for 2 players in such a short space of time.

What i was thinking as well. Im confident we will get the permit. I wonder if its rejected, and say Arsenal or United agree a fee for him, what the out come of that work permit might be.

Work permits have nothing to do with who the player is trying to register for, it's just a myth along with a lot of 'big team' bias that people try to peddle.

Man Utd were denied a work permit for Maicon years ago, I bet that one still hurts them. It happens to every team.

Hi

Does anyone actually know what is going on with Kalinic, i thought the work permit hearing was meant to be on thursday and there has been no news of it.

It has been delayed until next week Paulyrover.

• Backroom

Do people think Sams comments about new additions not playing for 6-8 weeks is accurate?

I think if he signs Kalinic will be in the squad on saturday, he'll have been training with the team for 2 weeks by that time I imagine

You can pick him for Rovers in the fantasy football team so looks like it's official.

That doesn't mean anything. SSN have him listed as our player on the transfer reel. It doesn't mean anything until we see it on the official site.

Archived