BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

First of all YOU earn the right to play week in week out. That is what COMPETITION for places is all about. He is sat on the bench because he has not been good enough when given the chance.

Great player?? God i give up! :rolleyes: Alan Shearer was a great player. Wayne Rooney is a great player.

So he has only had 6 chances since he joined in August 2009??? :unsure:

It appears you've forgotten cup games and games he has played well without scoring. Just shh you're boring me, take your negativity elsewhere. I don't see your need to put everyone's comments down and put Niko down. It's obvious you're one of those people who doesn't want him to succeed.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not entirely fair as Kalinic was never suited to Allardyce's style of football, whereas Roberts probably was (at least more than Niko).

That doesn't mean I don't think he can play in a 4-5-1, I definitely think he can, just not one where a direct style is used.

Why would he not want a rovers player to succeed?

Some people have vendettas against certain players and seemingly don't want them to do well.

I think it's unfair to judge Niko solely on goals at the moment as he has put in some good performances without scoring. The goals are starting to come now though and I have no doubt that if he's given proper opportunity he will flourish.

Some people have vendettas against certain players and seemingly don't want them to do well.

I think it's unfair to judge Niko solely on goals at the moment as he has put in some good performances without scoring. The goals are starting to come now though and I have no doubt that if he's given proper opportunity he will flourish.

Vendetta? I think its safe to say we all want our 6 million pound striker to do well.

He has to be judged on goals thats what he is in the team for, he isnt a creative force. He hasnt score enough and he has missed a fair few chances. There is only so long you can say he's played okay but not scored, sooner rather than later he needs to start scoring

To many people are desperate for him to do well and it clouds their judgemnt. So far he has been a let down and needs to improve.

Vendetta? I think its safe to say we all want our 6 million pound striker to do well.

6 million pounds does not buy a finished article anymore. When Kalinic came aboard, Sam was very clear that he was a project in development. I think it was accurate then and is accurate now. I also think that Kalinic will be a very good finished article, which I believe/hope we'll start seeing over the next few months.

High on confidence after 2 goals in midweek. Must start!

Agreed. Preferrably with RSC.

He's still not old as far as strikers go. Not many playing international football at such a young age.

totally disagree.

Goalkeeps peak at early 30's lets say 30 -34

Defenders peak around 28-30

Midfielder and striker 25 to 28

If you suggesting 23 is very young "because" he is striker, I would say 23 is very very young for a keeper, young for a defender but a striker, now he needs to getting towards his peak and hitting form.

I know for sure Sukur, Yorke, Andy Cole peaked around 24 to 27 and by 30 were leaving top clubs to move to well us.

Some target man strikers can last longer but their goals seem to dry up.

Kalinic needs to hit form now.

totally disagree.

If you suggesting 23 is very young "because" he is striker, I would say 23 is very very young for a keeper, young for a defender but a striker, now he needs to getting towards his peak and hitting form.

I know for sure Sukur, Yorke, Andy Cole peaked around 24 to 27 and by 30 were leaving top clubs to move to well us.

I am just saying he is hardly too old. Not too many strikers hit peak form so young, the players you mentioned were top top players.

I do agree he needs to hit form soon and he does seem to be picking it up. Let's hope he starts banging the goals in. I have faith.

Ps Chris I did just say there aren't many strikers who are playing international football and scoring at his age.

Jim i DO want him to succeed. He plays for the club i love and spend £000's on a year travelling up and down the country.

I just don't think he is good enough. My opinion.

You spend £000 on us a year, and go to away games too? :blink: What is your secret?

totally disagree.

I thought strikers in general peak at around 27.. thats still 4 years away for Niko.

And personally I dont think its a case of Niko hitting form now, I think its time we started playing too his strengths, and I am not talking about changing our whole style too fit one player.. but there is no point playing him as a lone striker he just isnt that style of player.

One thing for me that has been telling has been Blackburns striker records in the last 4-5 years.. the only time we had a proper high scorer was when Bentley was knocking them into the box.. except for that all of our strikers have struggled for years now.

jnr and Olsson are only just really hitting form and historically they have not exactly been the best crossers of the ball and Dunn has been either injured or just not had the legs for the last few seasons now.

You can have the best strikers in the world but you cant judge their scoring records when you simply are not getting the ball into positions for them too score.

Lets not get on the poor lads back now, give him chance too develop and dont do what we ended up doing with the likes of Davies and Beattie.

6 million pounds does not buy a finished article anymore. When Kalinic came aboard, Sam was very clear that he was a project in development. I think it was accurate then and is accurate now. I also think that Kalinic will be a very good finished article, which I believe/hope we'll start seeing over the next few months.
I'd love to see Niko come good as we need a reliable, quality striker, this has been a gap in our squad for years. The question has to be how long do we wait. Kalinic (18 months now), Formica, Rochina it's all very well investing in good prospects but just how much time do we have to give these players? My worry is this. Niko is/was very highly rated when he arrived. To date he has not, for reasons we can debate endlessly, shown real potential and played relatively few games. If he is that good under these circumstances why is it there had not been a single report of other clubs being interested in him? I feel his progress with Rovers would make him a classic example of a player who would move on if other managers believed he has the talent?

Shearer started scoring from the beginning. It was never a question of if he would make it, just a matter of how good he would become. Trouble is there really was only one Alan Shearer!!

Our current policy of buying, as opposed to investing, in young players is fraught with difficulties. No question marks surround Phil Jones, for example, as he has had years to develop into a potential PL player. We truly invested in him and should be doing so for more players at a younger age. Buying in potential such as Kalinic, Formica, Rochina can lead to expensive mistakes.

I am just saying he is hardly too old. Not too many strikers hit peak form so young, the players you mentioned were top top players.

I do agree he needs to hit form soon and he does seem to be picking it up. Let's hope he starts banging the goals in. I have faith.

Ps Chris I did just say there aren't many strikers who are playing international football and scoring at his age.

yeah ok.

I think he needs a couple of really good consistent seasons and then he'll hit his peak after that.

I don't know whethr he is good enough ,you would think so seeing his great international rcord.

Fingers crossed.

Players develop at completely different times. With a striker, the main thing you play off is form

I disagree that you enjoy your best days young as a forward , maybe if he had lightning pace and loses it as he gets older (like owen), but he doesn't possess great pace.

I like the lad and think he's come on a lot since joining. His movement and all round play is good, hes had a lot of bad luck with hitting posts etc.

I'm sure he'll hit top form soon.

Archived