BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

If you look at the goals he scored for croatia they was supplied to him, he scored from a cross then it got dinked over the top and he smashed it into the net. We need to start getting good crosses into him. But one thing he needs to do is strengthen up as he is always on the floor...

Lastly didnt bilic say that he was the FUTURE of croatian football.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you look at the goals he scored for croatia they was supplied to him, he scored from a cross then it got dinked over the top and he smashed it into the net. We need to start getting good crosses into him. But one thing he needs to do is strengthen up as he is always on the floor...

Lastly didnt bilic say that he was the FUTURE of croatian football.

always on the floor.. why do I get the feeling that was a Sam tactic, percentage football ala diouf and co.

always on the floor.. why do I get the feeling that was a Sam tactic, percentage football ala diouf and co.

This is what I thought, Sam wanted him to bulk up, make a nuisance of himself, win the balls in the air, go down and win fouls, basically Sam was trying to turn him into Kevin Davies haha.

• Backroom

He was pretty poor for me, his legs seem to be made out of jelly and he looks clumsy like when he couldn't control the ball and ran it out of play.

Granted they had little to feed off but too often when he got the ball he just seemed to run into people.

Shows signs of looking good and then makes a bad choice of pass or something.

I thought he was class and he is a very good player. He will soon be banging 20+ a season in at Arsenal.

On a serious note he did the best he could today. Have not seen a replay of the header so cannot judge whether he should or should not have scored.

Roberts, Kalinic and Benjani are all pretty poor.

RSC is class but injury prone.

I hope Ruben is a goal machine.

• Backroom

I thought he was class and he is a very good player. He will soon be banging 20+ a season in at Arsenal.

On a serious note he did the best he could today. Have not seen a replay of the header so cannot judge whether he should or should not have scored.

Roberts, Kalinic and Benjani are all pretty poor.

RSC is class but injury prone.

I hope Ruben is a goal machine.

It was Roque with the header, should have scored.

Roque is a shoe in when fit but so far no one else is making a place their own.

So, the guy scores two on international duty but now he's not good enough to beat the mighty Mike Williamson and Coloccini?

Look at his goals in mid-week. A good cross from out-wide and a chipped ball over the top. When did he get anything like that today?

Offered nothing today.

He's nearly two years through what I presume was a four year contract.

How long do we actually give him to adjust to the demands of the Premier League before we have to accept he's simply not up to it.

He hardly got the ball played to him in their half.

So, the guy scores two on international duty but now he's not good enough to beat the mighty Mike Williamson and Coloccini?

Look at his goals in mid-week. A good cross from out-wide and a chipped ball over the top. When did he get anything like that today?

TBH I struggle to think of any goal poaching forward who could do any better, he is anot a player who gets the ball and beats defenders, he is someone who seems to have good positioning who needs a decent through ball to get a hold off

His value has probably been halved. I dont know what I think of him. He has some great attributes. He's hardly had any chances to score from this season. There is so much chopping and changing up front too. Will he make it at the top level? I think he will. Will it be in England or Blackburn, I am not too sure.

Agree 100%.

Like I said to those near me yesterday - just how many clear cut chances does our midfield create for our strikers? Very few. Im really hoping Formica is the new Tugay...we need it!

Archived