BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Nikola Kalinic

Quit whinging, knuckle down and try harder!!!!

His first touch a lot of the time is the equivalent of a 10 yard pass.

Could he have done Roque's job last Saturday? I think not!

He's not a lone striker, that much is true, I backed him initially when some on here were saying he hasnt got the credentials to make it, and to all intents and purposes those people were correct.

Big fail.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't blame the lad for wanting to play at this stage in his career.

His problem is that, for most of his Rovers career he's been stuck up front by himself. He needs a foil, anyone who can offer support, which he hasn't been getting.

Think that even Sam could have handled him better, however, Sam certainly wouldn't have treated him like Kean on the back of some goal scoring form.

You see Septic, I do take a balanced view.

I happen to quite like the player but I'm struggling to to think of anything that can be regarded as "goal scoring form" for a centre forward.

Kalinic's recent ommision is just another excuse (as if you needed one) to spread your special brand of stardust over the forum.

You wouldn't know balance if someone smacked you over the bonce with a spirit level.

Benjani was brought in as a back-up. Kalinic is a young striker brought in to be our first choice who has never really been given a decent run of games.

For me, Benjani is technically, a far better player than Niko. He was brilliant against Liverpool, but for some reason, he can also be totally awful. I've often wondered what's happened to him. Wonder if he's had differences with Kean? Seems to be no way back if you had.

Couldn't agree more, he's a championship striker at best, and I can't see us getting anywhere near 4m for him.

It's a shame that our fans are so quick to write off our own players.

I know that opinions are mixed about Niko but seemingly, according to papers this morning, Villa want him.

Over the years, Houllier has proved a decent manager.

I just hope that we don't regret not giving this guy a proper run of games and chance.

I know that opinions are mixed about Niko but seemingly, according to papers this morning, Villa want him.

Over the years, Houllier has proved a decent manager.

I just hope that we don't regret not giving this guy a proper run of games and chance.

I think we will end up regretting it myself.

It's a shame as I think there are other strikers at the club who I'd much prefer to leave.

Under both SA and SK, Nicko has not been given a Proper chance of playing in a system that suits him.

At the start of his Ewood career he was in and out the side and playing a lone striker role most of the time, which isn't his game and the same has happened under SK time.

The lad can and will score goals IMO but he needs to play with another forward to have any chance of getting the best out of him.

I don't know anything about what may have happened behind the scenes but it would be the wrong decision to let him go.

It appears clear to me that Kalinic will be on his way this summer-providing Kean is staying. His none appearance again yesterday suggests that there is a problem between the management and the Croat.

I still stand by this supposition.

Archived